Still want Indy IV?

NeejaHalycon

Now that it may finally happen, do you still want it?  

28 members have voted

1. 1.

• Oh Yeah! Now where did I put that fedora...
    • Heck No! It's been too long.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have a tremendous fear Lucas demon ego will manifest itself and he will announce he is going to be handling script writing duties.

Luckily for us Eppy III will prevent him from doing so.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I still have a tremendous fear Lucas demon ego will manifest itself and he will announce he is going to be handling script writing duties.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Maybe, maybe not.

Lets just hope that holds true.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Maybe, maybe not.

It's the last episode (so-called) of his dearest brainchild. He feels he needs to fully concentrate on that. Keeping the ILM staff under his spell will require a lot from him. He will be to tired to change Darabont's work. He will find a yes-saying rookie who will do that for him. Crystal ball is getting blurry now...

----------------

Alex Cremers

----------------

Alex Cremers

Maybe, maybe not.

It's the last episode (so-called) of his dearest brainchild. He feels he needs to fully concentrate on that. Keeping the ILM staff under his spell will require a lot from him. He will be to tired to change Darabont's work. He will find a yes-saying rookie who will do that for him. Crystal ball is getting blurry now...

Frank Darabont said at the Santa Barbara Film Festival:

"The short and simple version of the Indiana Jones 4 situation is that after more than a year of working closely with Steven Spielberg developing the story, I had completed a screenplay that Steven loved and was hoping to shoot in July of this year. However, George Lucas had issues with the script and slammed on the brakes in order to rework the material himself. There is talk of enlisting another writer. Given that George is the producer, but even more so because of their long and close friendship, Steven is deferring to George in this situation.

It is now up to them to try to find a common ground regarding the film. I wish them luck and hope their efforts result in something they're both excited about shooting. What, if anything, might remain of my work at the end of the process is anybody's guess, assuming the film even gets made at this point. As for me, I'm disappointed, but I'm putting the experience behind me and moving on with my life and my own projects."

Source: Ain't It Cool News, but I found it on Spielbergfilms.com's frontpage.

----------------

Alex Cremers

From CountingDown.com

February 16, 2004 ? Screenwriter Frank Darabont spoke at the Santa Barbara Film Festival, and told the audience why the production did not go ahead with his script:  

The short and simple version of the Indiana Jones 4 situation is that after more than a year of working closely with Steven Spielberg developing the story, I had completed a screenplay that Steven loved and was hoping to shoot in July of this year. However, George Lucas had issues with the script and slammed on the brakes in order to rework the material himself. There is talk of enlisting another writer. Given that George is the producer, but even moreso because of their long and close friendship, Steven is deferring to George in this situation.  

It is now up to them to try to find a common ground regarding the film. I wish them luck and hope their efforts result in something they're both excited about shooting. What, if anything, might remain of my work at the end of the process is anybody's guess, assuming the film even gets made at this point. As for me, I'm disappointed, but I'm putting the experience behind me and moving on with my life and my own projects."

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Re-work it HIMSELF!?!?!?!?! Please no! And Spielberg is letting him even though he loved it, may god help us.

:nopity::P :micro: :D:flush: censored censored censored

----------------

Alex Cremers

Maybe, maybe not.

Frank Darabont said at the Santa Barbara Film Festival:

"The short and simple version of the Indiana Jones 4 situation is that after more than a year of working closely with Steven Spielberg developing the story, I had completed a screenplay that Steven loved and was hoping to shoot in July of this year. However, George Lucas had issues with the script and slammed on the brakes in order to rework the material himself. There is talk of enlisting another writer. Given that George is the producer, but even more so because of their long and close friendship, Steven is deferring to George in this situation.

Source: Ain't It Cool News, but I found it on Spielbergfilms.com's frontpage.

----------------

Alex Cremers

How far can ever Mr. Lucas' priggishness go? He shows no respect for other peoples' work and only loves his and himself. This is no longer funny at all and if it's all true, I think Mr. Lucas is quite a churl. I'm surprised Williams and Spielberg are still so formally nice to him.

:D

I'd love to see Spielberg produce, Peter Benchley write and Roy Scheider & Richard Dreyfuss star in another Jaws movie. Benchley has never stopped churning out sea monster stories and what else have Dreyfuss and Scheider to do.

George Lucas had issues with the script and slammed on the brakes in order to rework the material himself.

OH great! George is now handling the script changes himself?

Well if that doesn't just get me brimming with confidence! :)