Amend the history.

Imagine you could change the history and had the chance to give John Williams those 5 Oscars he has won so far, but you could give it to the scores you think were deserving to win in your opinion. Which scores 5 would you award him for? Or would you keep the history the way it wrote itself?

Roman.-)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schindler's List

ET

Jurrassic Park

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND

JAWS

That was a hard one to do :mrgreen:

Jerome -AKA-JWFAN4LIFE

IM: Shafthpkky

The E.T. and Schindler's List awards are obviously deserved. But I would grant the Star Wars one to The Empire Strikes Back, the Jaws one to AI (popularity reasons only, since they are a tie in quality), and the Fiddler on the Roof one to Catch Me if you Can.

Schindler's List

Amistad

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind?

Empire of the Sun

Catch Me If You Can

I am a first time poster long time watcher...LOL...but I agree with JWFAN4LIFE, that was a hard one to do...but I think that I made the right choices.

Star Wars

E.T.

Schindler's List

Angela's Ashes

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Many thanks for your inputs, everyone!

Sorry about the double-drama entry, but that's just me. I love this genre.

I was eagerly expecting Neil's Oscars, among others', but I can't say whether I'm surprised to not find "The Fury" in it or not, the score I believed would be on his list. I admit it might not be that easy to decide. Seems like 5 Oscars are too few to allot......

:mrgreen:

Roman.-)

Towering Inferno, Jaws, Star Wars, Superman, ESB, Raider, ET, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter.

I won't limit myself to five, I would just correct the injustices and give the films that deserved the scores and remove the one score that John won for but shouldn't have.

Jaws

The Empire Strikes Back

Raiders of the Lost Ark

E.T.

A.I.

I had to choose 5,but I would add:

Star Wars

Superman

Jurassic Park

K.M.

I was eagerly expecting Neil's Oscars, among others', but I can't say whether I'm surprised to not find "The Fury" in it or not, the score I believed would be on his list. I admit it might not be that easy to decide. Seems like 5 Oscars are too few to allot......

:)

I couldn't pick The Fury as it came out in 1978, the same year as Superman - The Movie, my favorite score of all.

I'm sure Marian and Chris will pick The Fury though.

Neil

I say Images because it's one of Williams most original scores and probably his early score most deserving of an oscar. Empire Strikes Back because it's better than ANH. I wouldn't give it to Raiders though because North's equally good Dragonslayer was nominated that year. :) Actually probably better, Raiders has quite a lot of.... filler material.

Empire Strikes Back because it's better than ANH.  

It might be but its not better than Star Wars which is a perfect score.

Interesting lists, thanks for them. The only score most of us coincided on was "E.T.". JW's most deserved Oscar...!

Mr. Williams, if you're around, please post your own list. We're curious!

:)