Theforce.net says the Ep. 3 title could well be...

That picture seemed so silly to me the first time I saw it and still does . . . at least Darth Maul was visually impressive and evil.

Ray Barnsbury

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe like last time, Lucas will come up with something so mind numbly stupid that no one else could have thought of it.

Neil: I mean that TPM and AOTC were good stories.

Yeah well, even Edwood D. Wood had good stories. And personally I think AOTC is Plan 9 from outer space on big budget.

Yeah well, even Edwood D. Wood had good stories. And personally I think AOTC is Plan 9 from outer space on big budget.

;)

OH great!

Just what these movies needed!

More CGI characters! ;)

OK OK OK I'm joking. ;)

Seriously though that design doesn't look very menacing though, not AT ALL in fact.

Seriously, C-3PO is a more intimidating sight to behold.

What does Rogue's ass have to do with this?

I believe he means "ass" as being in reference to me as a whole as it is sometimes used in slang expression.

For example: This Lucas guy's CG characters are not menacing enough for my ass! :D

Luke is basically giving me a little taste of my own persona.

you know what? I LIKE IT! :(

Seriously though come on Luke you have to admit that design is NOT as intimidating as it should be.

Vader makes that guy look like a joke.

Well it just seems that my humour is not funny at all (or too silly nobody gets it...)

What is the most common conception od C3PO? It even appeared in the simpsons, so it is not the spanish who think that. Let's say he is not very masculine.

Thats why being near C3PO was dangerous for that anatomical part of your body....

Now really, picturing you 'ass a whole' ( ;) ) is funny too :D

About grievous... he may look better if dressed:

boba-fett-5.jpg

It all depends of what he will do and the voice he will have.

That picture seemed so silly to me the first time I saw it and still does . . .

Go by Lucas' line of thinking: "Meh, John Williams will give him a dark theme and fans will love it." And then just go back to any dark theme Williams did for any former SW movie, to cut and paste in case the new one represents the new character too precisely.

Go by Lucas' line of thinking: "Meh, John Williams will give him a dark theme and fans will love it." And then just go back to any dark theme Williams did for any former SW movie, to cut and paste in case the new one represents the new character too precisely.

Sadly, this is probably too accurate to be humorous. And actually, Grievous does look better dressed. Still nothing compared to Maul and especially Vader, visually at least.

Ray Barnsbury

I still feel it is very difficult for all CG characters to work in movies because the actors really dont seem to interact with stuff that isn't there.

The only two successful examples so far are: Sean Connery's Draco from Dragonheart and Gollum from the LOTR movies.

You said you like the prequle, huh?

Adding wood to the fire does not help to highlight them but burn down... :mrgreen:

I don't hate the prequels, I actually have a good time watching them. They aren't classics to-be, nor movies I'd take with me to a desert island, but still I see no reason to particularly hate them. That's why I don't like the systematic rejection they are getting from older fans.

Now, that doesn't mean I have to like George Lucas... I dislike him very much, always have. Even before the Prequels came out, both as an artist and as a person. His arrogance, his total condescendence towards fans and his treatment of John Williams' music only increased that.

So I'll stick to what I said, Luke, but that doesn't mean I don't stand closer to you than (for example) to Neil in this case.

I still feel it is very difficult for all CG characters to work in movies because the actors really dont seem to interact with stuff that isn't there.  

The only two successful examples so far are: Sean Connery's Draco from Dragonheart and Gollum from the LOTR movies.

Come on.

At least some CGI characters from SW do interact well with the real people. And definatly, they are the only ones who make right physical interactions.

I think Grievous is a great design. Do I think he is better than Maul or Vader? HELL NO! Why on earth would we be expecting him to be? He is not a Sith lord. He is not the main villian in ANY film. Personally I think he looks good. I expect a good voice and it depends on how he moves, but yah... I think he will be fine. We have no idea how much he will even BE in the film.

I agree with you, Strilo. He is certainly not what I expected, but I think the design is very intriguing. Interesting to see what his voice might sound like, and just how he will battle the Jedi.

Ted

I hope that flashing around three lightsabers isn't overkill. What will Lucas invent for the duels in the last trilogy, huh? A FX-7 Medical droid with a lightsaber attached on each arm?

POTJfx7loose-m.jpg

Official complaint: I thought you guys were throwing all spoilers into the same thread, so that one could browse the board freely without having to learn all the details about a movie a year and a half ahead. It wasn't that hard to do with Return of the King, was it?

Well this is also a spoiler thread... the title says it all...

Yes it should have been posted in the other thread...but well i htink General Grievous is not a sopiler anymore... he appeared in the cartoons...

As been reported, John DiMaggio (voice of "Bender" from Futurama) was hired to do the voice. I expect something kick-ass from him. I doubt he'll be doing some smart alecky or friendly voice this time.

Well it just seems that my humour is not funny at all (or too silly nobody gets it...)  

What is the most common conception od C3PO? It even appeared in the simpsons, so it is not the spanish who think that. Let's say he is not very masculine.  

Thats why being near C3PO was dangerous for that anatomical part of your body....

I knew what you meant. Perhaps because my Simpsons obsession borderlines scary.

As been reported, John DiMaggio (voice of "Bender" from Futurama) was hired to do the voice. I expect something kick-ass from him. I doubt he'll be doing some smart alecky or friendly voice this time.

DiMaggio did provide the voice in the Clone Wars cartoon, and it was nothing special (Bender is awesome, though). I don't believe it's confirmed that he's doing Grievous' voice for Episode III. You could be more on top of these things than I, though.

DiMaggio did provide the voice in the Clone Wars cartoon, and it was nothing special (Bender is awesome, though). I don't believe it's confirmed that he's doing Grievous' voice for Episode III. You could be more on top of these things than I, though.

D'oh. You're right. I got the two things mixed up. (I had only seen snippets of The Clone Wars, but not the ones with Grievous in it...) In any event, since there still hasn't any official announcement, I guess Lucas will decide as post production wraps up. Either way, I hope to hear something really interesting.

Yeah he did the voice for the Clone Wars cartoon. Not the movie.

Of course seeing they way these movies are going they are rapidly approaching being classified as cartoons.

Of course seeing they way these movies are going they are rapidly approaching being classified as cartoons.

Maybe Lucas should just hire Pixar and be done with it. :happybday:

Maybe Lucas should just hire Pixar and be done with it. :devil:

Dunno but that seems like an insult towards Pixar. Cool article about them in the new issue of Wired.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations MaestroJW for being able to match Lucas' lack of creativity in correctly naming the most obvious title for Episode III? :|:wave:

Seriously thouigh. who knew Lucas wouldn't go with some crazy title for once?

Mabe it's a good movie this time

K.M.Who,while he thinks Revenge of the Sith is not the most original,it's appropriate,and better than Birth of the Empire.

K.M. 2 Looking forward to Williams RotS score

MaestroJW wins this months "No Prize" for his post found here.  Congratulations, Jeff!

Neil

:roll:

Look here

Rogue Leader, Rise of the Empire for EPIII, is the most uninventive, predictable title for that movie. IMO

I have to strip the honor away from MaestroJW and award it to Luke. Congratulations on on getting the "No Prize".

Oh, and the post can be found here.

Neil