Is Mischief Managed a waste of space?

Is Mischief Managed a waste of space?  

36 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Opinion in between "yes" or "no" (specify)

Fair enough. But there's still a good amount of unreleased cues that could have gone in its place. To each his (or her 8O) own, I guess.

- Marc

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not the greatest Williams score since The Lost World (but I don't know what is)

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

I really enjoyed it in the theater and was sad that no one else stuck around to the end. Honestly, the people doing the janitorial duties looked really upset that we were still there!

You know, you paid a very high price to see a movie and leaving before the credits are over means you didn't get your monies worth out of it. I always sit through the credits. I also throw away my soda and popcorn and don't just leave it there for the clean up crew, so they really can't complain about me.

I did want the person who walked in front of me during Williams' on-screen credit to slip and die walking down the steps though. 8O

Neil

I really enjoyed it in the theater and was sad that no one else stuck around to the end. Honestly, the people doing the janitorial duties looked really upset that we were still there!

You know, you paid a very high price to see a movie and leaving before the credits are over means you didn't get your monies worth out of it. I always sit through the credits. I also throw away my soda and popcorn and don't just leave it there for the clean up crew, so they really can't complain about me.

I did want the person who walked in front of me during Williams' on-screen credit to slip and die walking down the steps though. 8O

Neil

Both of your experiences are all too familiar...

- Marc, who always makes sure he doesn't leave any garbage.

Neil

Both of your experiences are all too familiar...

- Marc, who always makes sure he doesn't leave any garbage.

Yes, very familiar indeed. The only Williams movie whose credits I didn't sit through was The Patriot, and the only excuse I have was that it was too late (that movie was so long!) and I was ill. And I still feel guilty!

I guess it could have been used for unreleased cues, but I don't feel fulfilled unless I get the end credits on the album. But then I feel that every JW score should be released like the SW SE CDs....

And while it could have been more masterfully done (in the style of ESB or even ROTJ),

Apples and oranges. "The Knight Bus" is no better or worse than the musical "styles" of ESB or RotJ; it is simply a different kind of piece.

I believe she meant the actual arrangement of the pieces in the credits, rather than the music itself.

Ray Barnsbury

'

Well,that ones a plus,i do enjoy more The Knight Bus edit on Mischief Managed

And while it could have been more masterfully done (in the style of ESB or even ROTJ),

Apples and oranges. "The Knight Bus" is no better or worse than the musical "styles" of ESB or RotJ; it is simply a different kind of piece.

No, Ray's right - I meant the actual piece. I liked having "The Knight Bus" without any slow stuff in between the wild jazz bits.

I thought the transitions could have been more masterfully done - in ESB and ROTJ, he wrote little transitional licks to change the tempo and key that were very nice. I don't like the straight cut-and-paste approach from POA or the film version of the AOTC credits - I miss the transitions.

Well, the old SW trilogy had original music for the credits. Nowadays, Williams just writes a little introduction for the start of the credits and then adds his concert suites. I'm not very fond of that....but at least, we got a longer, and excellent, beginning for the credits this time.

Marian - who doesn't understand how anyone could leave during the Marauder's Map credits. So much fun stuff to discover there.

Is the end credit music for ROTJ all original, it sounds like they just edited the concert tracks from Parade Of The Ewoks and Luke & Leia in there?

I was never sure of this actually.Luke and Leia seems to have a different intro.

K.M.

I'm not sure about the Ewoks, but at least the beginning of Luke & Leia is different than the concert versions. The transition is original music and the opening is in F major instead of Ab major, as in the concert version. And the melody starts off played by celli instead of a solo horn. I haven't heard it in a while so I'll have to go home and check. Ewoks are in the same key, but I'm not sure if it's the same version as the concert version.

Actually, it could be that they are the same thing with new transitions - I can't remember what keys Luke & Leia goes through and it might land in that key with that instrumentation. I didn't pay attention when I was ripping for my thesis as it wasn't a horn solo.

Marian - who doesn't understand how anyone could leave during the Marauder's Map credits. So much fun stuff to discover there.

My friend pointed out that those credits were probably a waste of money, since the majority of the audience will never see them, and they probably weren't cheap to produce.

Neil

Yes, including a headache. ;) I just sat back and closed my eyes after a while. It was a clever idea, though.

Yes, including a headache. :( I just sat back and closed my eyes after a while. It was a clever idea, though.

Yep, my friend also got a headache from them. You're not alone.

Neil

I think the credits were yet another indication of how much care and enjoyment went into making the film.

Ray Barnsbury

And yet I was shocked to notice grammatical errors in it.

There was Monster Book of Monster's Repair Shop.

Wow, that's a great idea!  Why didn't anyone else think of that???

Ray Barnsbury  :P

Hey make your jokes but apparently no one in Hollywood has thought of this idea yet! :? :devil:

There was Monster Book of Monster's Repair Shop.

I guess Prongs was more concerned with discovering new hidden passages in Hogwarts than with studying grammar.

Marian - LOL

Hey make your jokes but apparently no one in Hollywood has thought of this idea yet!  

Sadly true. Or they're unwilling.

Ray Barnsbury