Williams not scoring Harry Potter and GoF

King Mark

It's Michael Giachino,i'm guessing.

k.m

DING! DING! DING!

You have correctly guessed the name of the great one.

BTW are we ever going to get an official confirmation of this from Williams' people. The story on the site is kind of bague as to the source of the report.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW are we ever going to get an official confirmation of this from Williams' people. The story on the site is kind of bague as to the source of the report.

The sources are earlier in this thread. Ricard posted them on the FSM board.

Ricard is reliable,but I won't give up hope untill Williams says he won't score GoF himself.Now that it's "out there" that Williams may not score it,i'm sure the big guns at Warner will redouble their negociations so that Williams will score it,or the president of WB will make a personnal appeal to Williams.I'm sure the studio won't give up that easily,since it's the most expensive ever made.

K.M.Still hoping

DING! DING! DING!  

You have correctly guessed the name of the great one.  

on this site, he is not a great one, he's a wannabee

Ray, he has done stuff, but really, all you need to realize is that he has been Williams orchestrator on TONS of stuff, and he knows his HP themes intimately.  He just finished working on HP 3 with him doing cues like the Knight Bus, Buckbeaks flight and the past theme.  Just using Williams themes and knowing the way Williams orchestrates, he could pull off the next score and it would be true to the franchise.  He also knows Williams way of handling not only themes but his chase music too.

Ray, if you're not already aware, you might also be interested to know Mr. Pope was one of the orchestrators for JNH's outstanding Peter Pan score as well.

And, welcome back Wael! :devil:

Didn't Williams say he was going to "semi-retire" after Episode 3,only scoring Spielberg priojects.Maybe that's the reason he's not doing GoF

K.M.

Didn't Williams say he was going to "semi-retire" after Episode 3,only scoring Spielberg priojects.Maybe that's the reason he's not doing PoA.

K.M.

Wheres the quote?

Now that it's "out there" that Williams may not score it,i'm sure the big guns at Warner will redouble their negociations so that Williams will score it,or the president of WB will make a personnal appeal to Williams.

the key word is may, which doesn't mean no, and it doesn't mean yes.

I figure the odds are against John scoring it, but as I've said earlier, I will hold out hope until someone else is named to score it.

Didn't Williams say he was going to "semi-retire" after Episode 3,only scoring Spielberg priojects.Maybe that's the reason he's not doing PoA.

K.M.

Wheres the quote?

Back in 1993, right after he won his Oscar for Schindler's List, supposedly his last score.

well that blows that theory, he's done 20 films since Schindler's List,

7 of them Spielberg films, and of these 7 only 1(LW) ranks among the best of John's best. IMHO of course.

Oh NO, really? You think that? I honestly think Minority Report and AI are near the top of Williams masterpieces. And of course I adore the Potter scores but they aren't Spielbergs.