JP End Credits?

I'm watching Jurassic Park right now, and I checked out IMDb's page on it, and it said that when the title "A Steven Spielberg Film" comes up at the very end of the movie, you can hear the five tones from CE3K. What are they talking about? Are they talking about the tuba that plays the first four and the strings take the fifth one?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's there if you hear it. The last five notes of the movie. Four are brass, and the strings take the last one and hold it. Maybe it's a coincidence? Maybe not. It is kind of like CE3K with dinos instead of aliens.

I think they don't know what there talking about.

K.M.

Agreed. I just bought JP on DVD (actually been meaning to post about seeing it again after many years.) I looked up the IMDb file and saw the same note, pretty sure the person was hearing things.

That's really a big stretch, I think. Strictly speaking, none of the intervals are the same. In that key, the CE3K theme would be "A B G G D" (all naturals.) The notes at the end of JP are "A B-flat G-flat C Chord." That last chord has a C-G perfect 5th in the bass and a lot of Ds and A-flats up top (a very nice tri-tone to end a eerie movie).

So, the CE3K progression is I, up major 2nd, down major 3rd, down octave, up perfect 5th.

The JP ending progression is I, up minor 2nd, down major 3rd, down tri-tone, down octave?

Doesn't sound the same to me.

I think I agree with it being the raptor theme. I can't quite remember it right now, but I guess if you take those four notes from the raptor motif and play them slowly it can kinda sound something like CE3K... yeah, sure...

The person claiming the last notes are the famous motif from CE3K is hearing things. The motif is clearly the four note motif for Raptors. Period. I think someone heard what he wanted to hear in there.