Red Sox - a WIN for the ages!!!!!

diskobolus

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like much in this world, this is a choice between what is easy and what is right. Red Sox fans choose what is right. Yankees fans are weak. They don't know how to appreciate victory.

Like much in this world, this is a choice between what is easy and what is right. Red Sox fans choose what is right. Yankees fans are weak. They don't know how to appreciate victory.

Typical Boston mind set. Untrue, but what ever helps you sleep at night. Yankees fans get to choose what is right and what is usualy easy. It's not our fault we're a good team. And I know how to appreciate a victory, just like I can appreciate the Sox' past two wins.

Hmmmm.....trouble is, you see, that a thread sich as this is completely lost on us brits....

So,

Congratulations to whowever, commiserations to whoever, and I ain't got a damn clue what you're talking about....

LOL

Sorry all!

Greg :wave:

This is turning out to be a really great series. Not one note, a variety of different games, different players take the focus, we've got a great rags to riches story, and we've got a game 7. That's why I watch this stuff.

And the defense in this series is just phenominal, the Sox are really making up for Schilling's foot, and Jeter is as great as usual.

An overview of the games may make it seem amazing, but it's not amazing, it's just very impressive.

The Yankees owned the first 3 games, and the next 3 both teams played very well, increasingly tired looking, and The Sox came out the more determined of the two. This isn't some huge coup in the middle of the series, the losers become the huge, triumphant winners. The teams played well, the Sox a bit better, out of determination, and were more focused.

I am not as adverse as usual about the Sox winning, as we Yankees fan are thankful for what we've had since 1996, and know that we'll be up there again. And the Sox deserve a win. They are a phenominal team, and this year especialy they played some of the best baseball I've seen in a while, and if it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't be very excited about this series. The Yankees keep on playing these lesser teams.

None of this means I won't be gloating and arrogant if we win tonight, of course. That's what you get for trading off the Babe, and if the powers that be want to punish you for all eternity, then so be it. :devil::)

American sports does not get any better than this. The West Wing premiere is tonight, but I can't imagine anyone will watch. I will have to be skipping lab tonight to cheer the sox somewhere in Boston.

Certainly true. There must be some good baseball pub down there!

Over here, there's one pub in the country (an Irish one, actually) that shows the world series, I usualy watch the playoffs with friends at someone's house at 2:30 am, with a full complement of snacks.

American sports does not get any better than this. The West Wing premiere is tonight, but I can't imagine anyone will watch.

What I can't imagine is that some people don't like baseball... :)

Justin

I think it was shameful that they had to ammend the game (while of course the Sox were at bat) because some fans were throwing things at the umpires or in the field. Personally, and this should apply to all major sports, when a home crowd interferes with a game to this extent, the home team should suffer either in points or a misconduct.

I think it was shameful that they had to ammend the game (while of course the Sox were at bat) because some fans were throwing things at the umpires or in the field.  Personally, and this should apply to all major sports, when a home crowd interferes with a game to this extent, the home team should suffer either in points or a misconduct.

That's crap. The team should not have to suffer for the spectators misconduct.

Baseball is SSSOOO boring! Why does the batter have to tap the the bat, check his gloves, swing his arms and warm up every time he hits? It takes like 2 minutes between swings! And the guys in the dug out are all bored, they spit, chew gum and look unexcited.

I think it was shameful that they had to ammend the game (while of course the Sox were at bat) because some fans were throwing things at the umpires or in the field.  Personally, and this should apply to all major sports, when a home crowd interferes with a game to this extent, the home team should suffer either in points or a misconduct.

That's crap. The team should not have to suffer for the spectators misconduct.

You obviously missed Sundays Eagles game. The Eagles got a 15 yard penalty on the first play of the game because an official tripped on the sideline running into the Eagles security guard!

And I was at a Phillies game once that almost had to be forefeited because people were throwing objects at the St. Louis Cardinals.

Neil - enjoying the post season

We're gonna get a Game 7 in the NLCS also. :|

This postseason didn't get off to a good start, drama wise. None of the division series were particuarly compelling, and the LCSs started out 3-0 and 2-0 respectfully. How things change. Even after 130 years, this game can still surprise the hell out of you.

OK, bringing in Pedro with a 7 run lead in the 7th is overkill. They'd be better off resting him to potentially start Game 1. Plus Lowe's sinker was working, he was getting nothing but grounders. I would have left him in for at least another inning.

That was unbelievable... I was watching the game in a bar just yards from fenway park... we ran into the streets when it was over, thousands of people came from every direction, it was insane... every single car on the street blasting its horn, people running into traffic, climbing onto buildings... boston is going insane...

Well what can I say - was gone on business a couple of days and the sox come back and win. Needless to say I am changing my avatar back - I guess those peeps in boston should be able to cheer everyonce in a while - it must be hard living in the shadow of the greatest city and state in the world. When Boston wins another 35 pennants and 25 world series come give me a call. If we only had our best hitter Giambi back for it!

Should be a good world series - lots of good hitting and pitching all around. Not gonna watch it though. I wish hockey was back on! Those selfish bastards.

I am very anxious to see what Georgey Steinbrenner will do this off season. We could use like a Carlos B or some other superstar no one else can afford.

The West Wing premiere is tonight, but I can't imagine anyone will watch.

I did... Baseball puts me to sleep. Congrats, though, to the Sox. Sweet comeback!