Sony Classical News

Lurker

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it would be good. It'd be a stupid move by Sony, though. Then again, we're used to Sony being stupid. 8O

Let Williams take the Star Wars scores back to RCA/Victor, so they can do SE-type releases of the prequel trilogy.

Too bad it doesn't work that way. 8O

How many are there, anyway? I only know of the TreeSong album, which was on DG because of Shaham.

Also the "Sinfonietta for Wind Ensemble" on an LP.

Neil

Hmmm, interesting idea, but I would want someone else to have a large say on the CDs. As an album producer Williams likes to rearrange and merge cues for a "better listening experience". I would rather have someone who believes in the C&C rule putting the albums together.

How many are there, anyway? I only know of the TreeSong album, which was on DG because of Shaham.

Neil

The Sinfonietta wans't a real Williams release but one by the Eastman Wind Ensemble. Besides the Williams piece, that ocupies the full side B, it included works by two other composers, those being Penderecki (Pittsburgh Overure) and Mayuzumi (Music with Sculpture).

• 1 month later...

Neil

The Sinfonietta wans't a real Williams release but one by the Eastman Wind Ensemble. Besides the Williams piece, that ocupies the full side B, it included works by two other composers, those being Penderecki (Pittsburgh Overure) and Mayuzumi (Music with Sculpture).

Here's one for sale on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4061063685&rd=1