Legend of Zelda

teh_dash

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if you didn't like my automatic response, it seems like we get something like this way too often. Translation:

Williams has never composed music for any video game. Ever. People on file sharing programs and the like often attribute things like this to Williams because he is the only composer they know of.

The same way that people think that all animation films are done by Disney. Check Ebay. You will see people selling Disney's Prince of Egypt, or An American Tail all the time.

I've heard two Zelda tracks with a distinctly John Williams style. When did he do these? And more importantly, can I found more? They're amazing!

Where did you hear the tracks? Game? TV? We need more here.

Sorry if you didn't like my automatic response, it seems like we get something like this way too often. Translation:

Williams has never composed music for any video game. Ever. People on file sharing programs and the like often attribute things like this to Williams because he is the only composer they know of.

Damn.

Yeah. The music sounds great. And it's really easy to rip; the game has a "CD player" function, so just hook up a line-in cable, start recording, then play each track. There's even a fade out option to compensate for looping!

It was from "Orchestral Game Concert", a series of 5 CDs that were realeased over five years in the early 90s. The "Zelda" track does sound quite Williams-esque but I can guarantee it had nothing to do with him.

Magical Me - Whose first post ever at this board was answering this very same question....

Really? I prefer Melee greatly. Apart from the obvious graphic improvement, my favourite is the sound. Some of the music is actually performed by an orchestra (such as Fountain of Dreams, and the Zelda Overworld Theme) but the majority is again synth.

You can hear a 15 minute suite from the "Orchestral Game Concert" CD on my show during the last portion Hour 3.

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/on_demand

In the suite you will hear Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda and Starfox... all composed by Koji Kondo.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

It was from "Orchestral Game Concert", a series of 5 CDs that were realeased over five years in the early 90s.

Are these still available somewhere?

check www.gamemusic.com

You can hear a 15 minute suite from the "Orchestral Game Concert" CD on my show during the last portion Hour 3.

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/on_demand

In the suite you will hear Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda and Starfox... all composed by Koji Kondo.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Thanks for the link, Erik! The arrangement of the Zelda Theme is great!

Except for that bridge part that completely rips off Superman. :?

EDIT: And Jurassic Park. :|