Flying

Many

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be flying to Oklahoma City in a couple of days for a business trip and thought that I would put together a travel/airport/flying CD to pass the time both in the air and during my two-hour layover in Dallas/Ft. Worth. Any suggestions for material to include? I'm not wanting a Williams-only CD, so anything from film scores, classical, pop/rock or Broadway would be appropriate. Thus far I have

Catch Me If You Can: The Float, Come Fly With Me

ET: Adventures on Earth

The Terminal: The Tale of Victor Navorsky

Harry Potter: Hedwig's Theme, Fawkes the Phoenix, Buckbeak's Flight, The Knight Bus

Wicked: Defying Gravity

Rent: Santa Fe

Home Alone 2: The Arrival in New York

Hook: Banning Back Home, The Arrival of Tink and the Flight to Neverland

Like I said, not strictly Williams, but definitely Williams-centered.

Anthony, excited about travelling again!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should find some cool suggestions in Joe's thread about the end of the world (or the war of the worlds or something like that).

There's also some other similar thread about your question, I just linked the newest one.

Hope it helps!!

Mirko - just to lazy too search for other threads (oh I forgot my suggestion..."The Raiders March" :mrgreen:)

Okay, nerd time:

everytime I take the plane, when the plane taxis along the runway and takes off, I always have in my mind Superman's Overture-- you know, the rhythmic punctuations, with a few brass flourishes now and then, slightly "crescendoing", while the plane is preparing, then picking up speed, and finally the glorious statement of the theme for the take off.

obsupes001a.gif

"Making the Plane" from Home Alone. Afterall, it has to be a mad last minute dash to the airport. And while we're at it, how about "Flight from Peru" from Raiders of the lost Ark. What a great way to suddenly have your own heroic theme appear. Or you could give your ego a massage by using some of Jerry's Airforce One. :mrgreen: Then there is "Journey to the Island" from Jurassic Park (which you will play as you're nearing your destination).

Okay, nerd time:

everytime I take the plane, when the plane taxis along the runway and takes off, I always have in my mind Superman's Overture-- you know, the rhythmic punctuations, with a few brass flourishes now and then, slightly "crescendoing", while the plane is preparing, then picking up speed, and finally the glorious statement of the theme for the take off.

I do the exact same thing, except with the "take-off" music from ET's Halloween. Nerdy rapture.

How about "The Mecha World"?

Similarly, I like to play "Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra" when I'm driving. Though somehow by the end I'm driving at twice the speed limit.

Okay, nerd time:

LOL! I do that too! We were taking off, and that theme popped into my head. It's perfect for an airplane take-off.

Okay, nerd time:

I do the exact same thing, except with the "take-off" music from ET's Halloween. Nerdy rapture.

I prefer the ending of Sail Barge Assault...it's got all you need for a lengthly take-off. Listen now, imagine, and hear what I mean.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I ended up using most of them. As well, I added the following:

Wizard of Oz: The Cyclone

Amazing Stories: The Landing

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World: The Great Pursuit, The Living End

Superman: Trip to Earth

Anyway, I fly tomorrow. Should be fun.

Anthony, wondering how he'll survive without his "Daily Dose of John Williams". :)