Williams has signed for Prizoner of Azkaban (unconfirmed)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bart!

Always getting the latest news! Only this time, they're all good!! IF they're true of course.

-ROSS, who thinks maybe Williams should give Azkaban to William Ross in order to stop getting involved with the series early on, so it doesn't really change them when he stops writing the scores in future years.

Are you mad???

Stefancos-  :roll:

Stefancos, man, please, work with me.

E-mail about this or something, let's not annoy these otherwise jolly board fellows with constant bickering.

-ROSS, who doesn't want to resemble Harry Potter and Morn.

I simply asked that question because you were suggesting someone else (William Ross) do Potter III.

As for emailing you, i cannot think of any reason why.

I don't have a beef with you, we just seem to disagree a lot, but that's OK.

Stefancos- who does not resemble Morn....and CERTAINLY NOT THAT POTTER!!!

Anyone know what he's doing in 2003?

Yeah, anyone know anything? Hello? C'mon, there's probably someone out there who knows something and he don't want to tell us! Hello? Anyone??????

LOL

Actually I read somewhere Oliver Stone would be filming an Alexander the Great movie, for a 2003 release. Being John Williams a regular colaborator of Oliver Stone, I would love to see him tangle this kind of epic, a genre I think he never did before.

Unfortunely, I can't back this information.

The Internet Movie Data Base actually has a section for the movie I was talking about

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0310611

The composer is still yet to be confirmed, but this would be a fantastic project for Williams to be involved in.

I sure hope JW does this movie in 2003. I would love to hear a "peplum" score writen by him.

Anyone else shares my hopes?

This particular quote:

"Williams is already signed up for "Indiana Jones 4" and "Star Wars Episode III" with Spielberg and Lucas, as well as "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban," projects taking him into 2005."

...is highly suspicious. I doubt very much that anyone is already signed up for "Indiana Jones 4".

Although I agree with Ricard that it is highly doubtful that JW has signed anything concerned with those projects, I'm sure no one doubts that if Indy 4 indeed comes to fruition, John Williams will be scoring it. I don't need any oficial confirmation to belive in this.

Although I agree with Ricard that it is highly doubtful that JW has signed anything concerned with those projects, I'm sure no one doubts that if Indy 4 indeed comes to fruition, John Williams will be scoring it. I don't need any oficial confirmation to belive in this.

I agree.

I wonder what Spielberg's going to do in 3 years? I mean it doesn't take that long to direct a movie. Then again...this is a Lucasfilm, and Lucas is a bit of a slug with getting movies out. I mean, look at Spielberg. In '89, he did Last Crusade and Always. In '93, he had Jurassic Park and Schindler's list. In '97, Lost World and Amistad. This year, he's doing Minority Report and Catch Me If You Can. Not only that, but look at HP and LOTR--they were filmed at the same time, just about. Same goes for the last two Back to the Future films. So what's up with the whole 3 year mess?

Spielberg had E.T., Poltergeist, and Twilight Zone: The Movie in between Raiders and Temple of Doom. Then Color Purple and Empire of the Sun between Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. Surely there's something that Spielberg will do between Catch Me and Indy 4.

Dan--who's hoping to see a movie about Abe Lincoln scored by Johnny and directed by Steve

Dan--who's hoping to see a movie about Abe Lincoln scored by Johnny and directed by Steve

That would be sweet, wouldn't it? Another one would be on George Washington, another tremendous historical hero of mine. But you'd need a great, honest, true to life script for both, and not revisionist history like I hear about too much. :)

Actually I read somewhere Oliver Stone would be filming an Alexander the Great movie, for a 2003 release. Being John Williams a regular colaborator of Oliver Stone, I would love to see him tangle this kind of epic, a genre I think he never did before.

Unfortunely, I can't back this information.

John Williams is hardley a regular colabirator with Stone. They did three movie together, after which Stone imployed other composers.

Stone is making a movie about Arafat- glorifying him, and John said he didn't want to be a part of a misrepresentation of facts- so maybe a rift has grown between them?

Last- Harry Potter and The prisoner of Azkaban's production time is unconfirmed. They are in talks with a certain director- who wants to do it in 2003, not 2004.

The original reason for taking a brake was that Columbus didn't want three years in a row three huge projects, so what happens remains to be seen.

Are you mad???

E-mail about this or something, let's not annoy these otherwise jolly board fellows with constant bickering.

:) It was a valid question Ross.

Are you mad???

:) It was a valid question Ross.

I'm just saying that I highly doubt Williams will score all seven of the Harry Potter film. Actually, hiring William Ross was the beginning of the end. So, if he's to leave the series, the sooner he does it, the better for the films as a whole.

Not really, the more films Williams scores, the better for the series it will be, because he will be able to do better than anyone else. It's too late already to worry about a change in composers.

but look at HP and LOTR--they were filmed at the same time, just about.  Same goes for the last two Back to the Future films.  So what's up with the whole 3 year mess?

Well, the three LOTR parts were shot at the same time, but they started working on them more than just three years ago - and it will still be one and a half more years before the final part comes out. :)

Marian - finding it hard to wait that long.

It is highly doubtful that John Williams will score all 7 Harry Potter films, since there are not yet plans for 7 Harry Potter films.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban(marvelous book by the way) is to be filmed and released for the summer of 2004. This is Warner Brother decision, so that they can release the Matrix sequels next summer and next winter. That way WB doesn't have two of their own potential blockbusters competing against each other. Wise decision.

There has been talk that Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire would be filmed and released as two films, not an idea that I am fond of, by the way.

But Goblet is such a massive book it would take a 4 plus hour film to do it justice.

Book five Order of the Phoenix may yet be released this year, but that remains to be seen. Book six has a title, but I cannot remember it, somethng Green. That is still years away.

So by the time all 7 books are completed John will be a very, very old man. And by the time all 7 books are filmed John may or may not have become a ghoest.

:) Lost World.

Stone is making a movie about Arafat- glorifying him, and John said he didn't want to be a part of a misrepresentation of facts- so maybe a rift has grown between them?

Wow! Is that serious or just a rumor? I'm very impressed with Williams' stance if this report is true. I'm glad that ol' Johnny wouldn't want to be associated with such a film. Arafat is essentially a terrorist and an admitted terrorist supporter and anyone who glorifies a terrorist is an idiot to the Nth degree. What in God's name is Stone trying to do???

Sorry, and I apologize if the comment on Stone is not true, but I make no apologies if it is true.

-Chris

NO, I pick on him because he's always wrong :mrgreen:

And what exactly is Stone's film going to say about Arafat? I'll give him a chance but... still.

NO, I pick on him because he's always wrong  :mrgreen:

You don't believe in right and wrong, Morn, so you cannnot say either way can you?

And what exactly is Stone's film going to say about Arafat? I'll give him a chance but... still.

This would be a good place to start about that two faced lunatic. And click on "harbors" when you click on the link. :cry:

what does any of this have to do with John Williams or Prisoner of Azkaban.

Besides does anyone believe the big Jewish money in Hollywood would allow a big budget pro-Arafat film to be made. Don't think so.

Joe, who thinks the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

:mrgreen: Bush doesn't count for anything.

Who's saying anything about Bush, Morn? The link is to let Bush know that he should stand by his own word instead of waffle. Besides, did you even click the work "harbors" on that page? The evidence speaks for itself, and that was my point. The man is a terrorist. I think you'd even give a pro-Hitler movie "a chance". :thumbup:

Besides does anyone believe the big Jewish money in Hollywood would allow a big budget pro-Arafat film to be made. Don't think so.  

Joe, who thinks the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

-Chris, Who agrees with Joe's sentiments... what am I worrying about? LOL

I don't need to see a pro-hitler movie, I've already read some pro-hitler stuff. BS all of it, some of it said incorrectly that hitler didn't know that the jews were being gased. And chrusher, any arguement diserves it's chance, otherwise you are irrational because you pick what to believe rather than the other way around.

Steef and Morn... why do you two pick on Ross so much? Envious that he is brighter than you two?  :mrgreen: :b

He might be brighter then Morn.

Stefancos- who's brighter then most people here....to say the least.

Thanks, Chrusher. But what can you do, it's in them. It's the prize you have to pay to express your opinion (hey, Morn, the prize to pay for absolute so-called freedom of speech).

As for Stefancos . . .well, it means so much to him, let's just let him be.

-ROSS, proud to be Chris' protegé

Book five Order of the Phoenix may yet be released this year, but that remains to be seen. Book six has a title, but I cannot remember it, somethng Green. That is still years away.

Maybe not Joe. An editor friend of mine says the rumour in the publising industry is that Rowling has written drafts of the remaing three books after publishing book four, starting with the final book, and that is why book five is taking so long. She says the sources are typically reliable. This isn't completely unreasonable as Rowling herself said she had the entire series mapped out before writing the first book.

Also about titles, there have been three new titles registered and trademarked in the UK in April 2000, by the publisher. Why there are three is beyond me, when only two books remain after Order of the Phoenix, unless she is undecided on one. The three titles are, - Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell, Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat, Harry Potter and the Chariots of Light.

Morn, Chrusher. You have been banned for the next 24 hours.  

Sorry. :mrgreen:

Why, if I may ask?

:confused: