What is the Last Film You Watched? - Part II

Lurker

Blade Runner. Not a bad film the biggest problem is that it's really weird. I saw th director's cut the ending was kind of neat I thought although I'm still not sure what it was about. Did the end suggest that Deckard was a replicant or that the girl was a replicant? A well made film. Not something that I would call overly enjoyable, though.

Rachel was a replicant. We find that out about 20 minutes in. "She's a replicant" "I'm impressed".

Is Deckard a replicant? Probably. How else would Gaff know of his unicorn dream? And you can see Deckard's eyes glow in the film, just like a replicants.

Neil

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome 1978 Jerry Goldsmith score on that one.  Did you notice beyond the opening titles, that no music is heard during the first hour?

Neil

I did notice this as well. I wouldn't have thought too much about it, but the lack of opening titles was very strange. Classical music was played twice before Jerry entered.. in the apartment Douglas put some music on and the Dr that did the original surgery also had some playing in OR 8. The only thing I can think of is perhaps they wanted to create a sort of serene atmosphere where everything was perfect and thought no score would convey that until things began to get messy. Particularly since most of the sequences were in the hospital before the music kicks in. Steef, you are correct that the score started when the hired hit man was shown at her car. I went out to my mailbox and opened the Netflix envelope back up to get the exact time. It was right at 49 minutes into the movie. There is almost exactly one hour left after that, so my guess would be the cd is not complete. I tried to get a track and time listing off of Amazon but there was none. I did notice on the Logan's Run/Coma soundtrack there is a disco version of the love theme. LOL

I had to laugh when I sawTom Selleck appear. Anyone notice the interesting connection that the hit man played Colonel Buck in Magnum PI? One of if not my favorite 80's tv shows.

I knew you would give you 2 cents about about this.

You have become soooo predictable, Alex.

Stefancos- who's sure Alex expected this. ;)

But you didn't know WHAT I was going to say, now did you?

I knew you were gonna comment on the fact that Justin didn't really get the film.

Face it Alex, we are like an old maried couple, always fueding over the same old stuff.

I'm not Liz Taylor though.

Stefancos A.K.A Richard Burton.

Stef, you are correct that the score started when the hired hit man was shown at her car.

I know I was right, I also know my name is not Stef.

Stefancos, Steef, Mr. Cosman or God, please.

I edited the post. Orson will not be referring to you as God.

Stealth. A decent action film. Much of the story seemed very far fetched, but it had some snazzy visuals and Jessica Biel crawling through a puddle in tight fitting trousers. I also noticed several homages to 2001 in terms of how the AI aboard the ship goes haywire.

Rob Cohen? Decent? These words go together?

Morlock- who conciders Cohen to be on a short list of the worst directors of old time, and without the rare flukes of Joel Shitmaker

True, Dragonheart is a fun movie. It has Pete Postlethwaite and David Thewlis having a great deal of fun, how bad can it possibly be? Postlethwaite having fun is one of the few watchable things about The Lost World. And I personaly love that score.

But nothing I've seen of Cohen's since has been good.

Is Deckard a replicant?  Probably.  How else would Gaff know of his unicorn dream?  And you can see Deckard's eyes glow in the film, just like a replicants.

But if Deckard was a replicant then why was he always getting chucked around by other replicants? Aren't they supposed to be super-strong?

Justin - Who thinks the film is either brilliant in it's way to provide thought-provoking conversation or contradictory because it didn't know what it wanted to say. ;)

Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre

Silly, but fun.

Amazing how much Gérard Depardieu looks like Obelix.

And Monica Bellucci looked stunning (so what else is new)

There was a nice Star Wars homage there, one of the Roman Centurions had a helmet that from the back looked the same as Vaders helmet, during a shot of the Centurion gazing upon the battle field they played The Imperial March.

But if Deckard was a replicant then why was he always getting chucked around by other replicants? Aren't they supposed to be super-strong?

Can't you figure it out yourself? LOL

I hope they will film the Asterix & Obelix in Hispania comic, that's one of my favs.

The next comic to be made into a film is Asterix at the Olympics, marking the triumphant return of Jean-Claude van Damme to the big screen as the Roman representative at the Games.

Amazing how much Gérard Depardieu looks like Obelix.

Yes. And still, the 10 minutes I watched (I can't remember which of the live action Asterix movies it was) were so bad I had to turn it off.

Marian - who'd rather have a complete edition of the cartoon books.

I watched Team America, World Police, hugely dissappointing. where are the laughs?

I watched Team America, World Police, hugely dissappointing.  where are the laughs?

Did you have the sound turned on? This is one of the funniest movies to come out in a long time. The first several times I saw it I nearly had an asthma attack when the "killer panthers" are unleashed.

And of course the songs are hysterical.

Neil

Well judging from your name, you must have a different version: Asterisk and Obelisk....;)

I actually mistakenly typed it that way, but I corrected it before submitting my post. No joke!

I watched Team America, World Police, hugely dissappointing.  where are the laughs?

Did you have the sound turned on? This is one of the funniest movies to come out in a long time. The first several times I saw it I nearly had an asthma attack when the "killer panthers" are unleashed.

And of course the songs are hysterical.

Neil

I roared at the puppet sex, I too laughed at the panther attack, but mostly I chuckled a few times, but I was expecting belly laughs and I only got one.

DANCES WITH WOLVES (3 DVD edition). Disc one so far.

Couldn't remember how good this movie was with John Barry's superb score. And best listened to in DTS. How John Barry was gotten so old by the documentary!!! (Track 5).

How can anyone not enjoy TEAM AMERICA.

"That was bad I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E., very bad I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E."

"I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E. is down! I repeat, we have no I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E.!"

Did you have the sound turned on?  This is one of the funniest movies to come out in a long time.  The first several times I saw it I nearly had an asthma attack when the "killer panthers" are unleashed.

I forgot about that! I literally fell out of my chair laughing at that sceen.

Morlock- "MATT DAMON!"

Rosemary's Baby  

Oh my.....

......well? What'd you think?

Come with us quietly, Morlock. Don't argue or make a scene. Because if you say anything more about witches or witchcraft, we're gonna be forced to take you to a mental hospital. You don't want that, do you?

:):)ROTFLMAO

Rosemary's Baby  

Oh my.....

......well? What'd you think?

I liked it.Those were the only two words that came to mind right after I had seen it. Had no idea what it was about, so when the Devil love making scene came up I was a bit freaked. As much as I wanted to see the damn baby, it's better Polanski didn't show anything.

A side bonus for me was to finally get a good look inside the Dakota building. This is the first film I can recall that shows it to that degree. I always stop there everytime I visit New York but never get to see beyond the main entrance.

Rosemary's Baby  

Oh my.....

that would be my reaction to the pedophiles work too.

People have pointed out superb scenes. Here's another one:

"A limousine that flies? Now I've seen everything?"

"Have you seen a man eat his own head?"

"No."

"Well, then, you haven't seen everything."

;)

And ....

"Hans Brix? Oh no!"

And ...

"Remember, there is no "I" in "Team America."

"Yes, there is."

And ...

"You have balls. I like balls."

And .... well, I could be here all day. This is the funniest movie of 2004.

I trust, Joe, that in time you will find this movie to be hilarious from start to finish.