JW Signature Editions

Frosty

Greetings all!!!

I have just noticed (and ordered) the JWSE score to "Flight to Neverland" from Hook.

I would like to speculate (and based on past experience) that there will probably be a JWSE for "Attack of the Clones" I have no tangible proof of this, only exsisting JWSE scores from the previous prequels.

I did receive the "Prisoner of Azkaban" suite. There are 5 movements:

I. Witches, Wands and Wizards

II. Aunt Marge's Waltz

III. The Knight Bus

IV. A Bridge to the Past

V. Double Trouble (with Chorus)

FYI

:)

Frosty

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Witches, Wands and Wizards consists of action music off the soundtrack. In the score, the parts are notated: "Quidditch 2004", "Chasing Scabbers", "Hagrid's Friendly Bird", "The Snow Fight". I have been able to find them throughout the released soundtrack, but they are on different parts of the soundtrack. I'll have to find time to get timings and track numbers for each section.

Frosty

I would like to speculate (and based on past experience) that there will probably be a JWSE for "Attack of the Clones" I have no tangible proof of this, only exsisting JWSE scores from the previous prequels.

There already is a signature edition score from AOTC for the Across the Stars theme.

Did you mean by any chance ROTS?

(Now that I'm officially in the sheet music business... :) )

I can speculate that Hal Leonard will almost certainly release a signature edition from this score. They have released for recent films including AOTC, CMIYC, and the Harry Potter series. If I were in there place, I would publish Battle of the Heroes, but it's very far into the future to speculate.

If you want any transcriptions from the audio to sheet music let me know.

Thanks for the heads up about Hook...just ordered it,as well as the suite from JFK,which i didn't have.I also think that they will be publishing "Battle of the heroes" with an opt choir part(like dual of the fates)or maybe with a choir part that can be played with synth...since there are no words(cheaper for orchestras that would like to perform the piece)

Richard

Witches, Wands and Wizards consists of action music off the soundtrack. In the score, the parts are notated: "Quidditch 2004", "Chasing Scabbers", "Hagrid's Friendly Bird", "The Snow Fight". I have been able to find them throughout the released soundtrack, but they are on different parts of the soundtrack. I'll have to find time to get timings and track numbers for each section.  

Frosty

Holy cow! Now I NEED to get this one ASAP!

Its OK, Williams has no idea what the hell is going on in those movies. I love it. At one concert he said he was going to play the music for the 2 headed dog, and all the kids in the audience yelled "3 headed!" and williams blushed and said, "3 headed"

Its OK, Williams has no idea what the hell is going on in those movies. I love it. At one concert he said he was going to play the music for the 2 headed dog, and all the kids in the audience yelled "3 headed!" and williams blushed and said, "3 headed"

:)

I remember the fourth of July Pops concert in the summer of '93 . . . . Williams said the orchestra would be performing the "Brontosaurus Rex Theme" from Jurassic Park.

I just received my copies of the three Harry Potter orchestral suites this afternoon. Great, great music . . . I especially am happy about having the Knight Bus and Fawkes's Theme.

Anthony

What's that bird to do with Hagrid?

If you want to understand the link between this bird and Hagrid, you have to watch the deleted scenes on the Azkaban bonus DVD.

At a time, the bird is flying around Hagrid, but this part has been removed. That's the reason why the music that accompagnies this scene is cut in the movie version.