Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

Hey! just played The Force Unleashed on PS3 huuuge truckload of highquality unreleased music in there (A lot of it was already in the battlefront ii files)

Ahh I did not find Palpatine instrucs Anakin but, the perfect sounding unedited ending from "It can'T be" do we have that?

Also the "Death of Mace" completely crystal clear without any clipping

We have the "It Can't Be" part but it's clipped. If you can go back and record any and all unreleased material that would be great. It will be another week before I can do it. Oh and there's some unreleased AOTC music in there too. Particularly from the beginning during "Zam The Assassin".

Edit: We also have the Death Of Mace part (from I Am The Senate) from the PS2 files all ready.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, there was a small bridge piece between the "Yoda Strikes Back" and "Chase Through Coruscant" music in the Conveyor belt - a small fanfare played as Padme falls into the vat. Where does this go?

OMG!! The OT Material sounds PERFECT! better than anthology and RCA, dammit! they seem to have great sounding mastertapes, the really have to release a better sounding box. Espec. Battle ofHoth sounds sooooo clear,like "On the Tank"

OMG!! The OT Material sounds PERFECT! better than anthology and RCA, dammit! they seem to have great sounding mastertapes, the really have to release a better sounding box. Espec. Battle ofHoth sounds sooooo clear,like "On the Tank"

Are you sure about that? If you can do a recording of that too I'd appreciate it. I'd like to hear it.

Well, we know that at some point some of the tapes were remastered; the result was the bonus DVD on the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack. If the entire scores were remastered, that's quite exciting, and we definitely need to figure out how to rip this game, not just record it.

Well, we know that at some point some of the tapes were remastered; the result was the bonus DVD on the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack. If the entire scores were remastered, that's quite exciting, and we definitely need to figure out how to rip this game, not just record it.

Believe me, I will record it and you won't be able to tell the difference.

I am one of those people who are saying right away that I'd like a link. If you can to make the material in lossless format (ape, wav or flac) instead of mp3 that would be awesome.

Yeah, of course. There isn't really a sound quality concern. However, I found that recordings are not necessarily complete. When Battlefront II came out I recorded the game and got nearly everything, yet when somebody figured out how to crack the files there turned out to be a few pieces of music that had never shown up in the game for whatever reason.

Obviously, this is all we can do for now. I'm really looking forward to what you and Trent find.

Now THAT is very exciting news indeed!

Not because we can now make OT edits, but because hopefully everything's been remastered, and better 2CD sets are forthcoming

John Takis quipped that they need an excuse to keep releasing the scores now that the RCA sets have been exhausted. This just might be it.

How many months were between when remastered TOD Music showed up in Lego Indiana Jones demo and when the Concord set was released?

Hey trent is there a way to replay single levels from this very short game? or do I have to replay it again, with the rec device hooked on the PS3?

also the "Padmes Visit" anakins betrayal version never showed up in the entire game.

Edit: AHHH I'll try "Mission Select" :P

I used to pause the game when the right cue came up ..the music would keep playing and I would record it. That was the PC version of BF2

Music does not play during pause.

Sorry guys I only can give you a short previe, because I cannot find the optical cable now.. :sleepy:

Xbox analogue audio out>>>>Y cable>>>>PC soundcard audio in

Recording software (like Creative audio player) :Record WAV ,save in WAV

Play level with SFX and dialogue OFF ,music only

Load test recording into audio editing software to check for clipping.

I will upload a sample of the Mynock Cave - the complete music when they escape was only released on the RCA album right (well of course on the numerous sony reissues of the same album)?

Because when you listen to the comparison, you hear the TFU file has a much more natural stereo mix, no treble boost, and less hiss

Yes also it has the basses mixed faaar to the right and the horns faaar to the left.. which I find destracting

I have done a mp3, where I cut together several passages first RCA then TFU then RCA , TFU again.. but I don't have to explain, the difference is huge!

Iam uploading it now.. PM me if interested

EDIT:

I did not cut out the rhythmic Horn figure from the end, that were the guys from Lucasarts.. bastards.. maybe it is an edit Williams insited on :sleepy:

Yes anything from ESB would be great to check out, since half the 1997/2004 2CD set of the score is the horrible Risner mix

The TFU version sounds less modern to me. Keep in mind that the headphones (or speakers) you're using can make a big difference, too. I'm using the Sony MDR-7506 headphones, which are supposed to reproduce the intended mix with extreme accuracy.

I think the V600's are pretty similar to the 7506's, yeah. Sometimes the sort of sound you hear the RCA mix of that cue can be a little grating to me, but overall, it works for me. Any brighter, and it'd be uncomfortable, but as it is, it's just exciting and a little raw.

This is the same mix as the one used on the original album (track 6 on the Polydor CD). This is the only original album cue that was not included on the Anthology. I never noticed that the original album mixes are different from Tomlinson's film mixes, but they sure are. Who did them? Anyway, I have no idea what this is doing in a video game. Did somebody actually take this from the old Polydor CD? Or is the original album somehow a standard for a newly remastered version of the score? Who knows. However, the music from TFU is definitely a little blurrier than on the Polydor CD.

I also tend to prefer the RCA mix .But they are different I must say.

Can you get a distortion free unedited ending of It Can't Be now? That is the most crucial thing missing for me so I can put a "case closed" on that cue.

Here's the PS2 TFU files that have the most distortion:

-new parts of I am the Senate

-first parts of Be Careful of your Friend (the ending fanfare is ok)

-unreleased segments of Birth of the Twins

-AotC Ambush on Coruscant

I don't think there's any point in recording everything,especially the material covered by Battlefront 2.

Well, I combine Album, BF2, DVD and TFU and it sounds absolutely perfect to me.

I find "I Am the Senate" from TFU all right for editing, although I reduce the bass a little, then it seems to fit better. I also combine the material of Ambush on Coruscant - TFU clean opening, album, Galaxies ending, DVD< TFU.

Adding to the list of distorted cues from TFU:

- They're Coming Around (film mix, same as BF2)

- They're Coming Around/Get Em, R-2! (film mix, new for TFU)

- Elevator Scene/Get 'Em, R-2!

- The Conveyor Belt (Film mix)

There's a few more.

By the way here's the track listing for my complete intended edition. I've made quite a bit of the tracks run into each other like on the Ultimate (Crap) Edition. As you'll notice I took out the Mos Espa source music, I did that because the source music always drove me nuts and skipped over it. Plus we all know it was done by John Williams' son not by Williams himself. Also too the cues from the games that didn't feature the Sith chant "Kora Rahtama" I used those since I never cared hear that every time Maul was shown on the screen.

DISC ONE

01. 20th Century Fox Fanfare (0:23)

02. Star Wars Main Title (1:25)

03. The Arrival (2:31)

04. Gas Leak (1:19)*

05. Droid Fight (1:42)*

06. Queen Amidala (2:27)*

07. The Droid Invasion (1:24)*

08. Introducing Jar Jar (2:15)*

09. Bubble World (3:01)

10. Gone Fishing (1:35)

11. Darth Sidious (1:22)*

12. Tentacles (1:21)*

13. Theed Palace Arrival (2:10)*

14. You're Under Arrest (1:45)*

15. Escape From Naboo (2:07)

16. Intro Darth Maul (1:01)

17. Arrival At Tatooine (1:55)

18. Padmé Meets Anakin (1:18)

19. Run-In With Sebulba (1:21)

20. Introducing Threepio (2:41)

21. Running Out Of Time (1:12)

22. Talk Of Podracing (2:59)

23. Watto's Deal (2:24)

24. Kids At Play (1:39)

25. Anakin's Midi-Chlorian Count (1:24)

26. The Sith Spacecraft (1:05)

27. Roll Of The Die (1:38)*

28. The Flag Parade (2:02)*

29. Jabba Introduction (1:48)*

30. The Race Begins (1:33)*

31. Anakin Defeats Sebulba (1:46)*

32. Anakin's Great Victory (1:11)

DISC TWO

01. Anakin Is Free (5:04)

02. Darth and Qui-Gon (1:43)

03. Corucant Arrival (4:00)

04. The Queen and Palpatine (0:41)

05. High Council Meeting (2:37)

06. The Senate (1:20)*

07. Anakin's Test (3:37)

08. He Is The Chosen One (3:50)

09. Conferring With Darth Sidious (0:26)

10. Moving Forward (2:23)

11. The Gungans (2:23)

12. War Plans (2:28)

13. The Armies Face Off (1:57)*

14. Courtyard Crossfire (0:42)*

15. Laser Fight March (0:33)*

16. Take To Your Ships (1:31)*

17. The Big Army (1:43)

18. The Droid Battle (2:12)*

19. Up The Wire (0:24)

20. The Great Duel (1:34)

21. Crash Landing (0:24)

22. Qui-Gon's Noble End (2:18)

23. Battleship Destroyed (1:31)

24. The Death Of Darth Maul (1:35)

25. Confronting Nute and Rune (1:49)

26. Qui-Gon's Funeral (1:18)

27. Augie's Great Municipal Band (1:25)

28. End Credits (0:51)

29. Duel Of The Fates (4:09)

30. Anakin's Theme (3:07)

31. The Armies Face Off (Alt. Excerpt) (0:37)

32. Anakin's Test (Alt. Excerpt) (0:12)

33. High Council Meeting (Alt. Opening) (0:30)

*CONTAINS UNUSED MUSIC

The cues "Yoda Strikes Back" and "Confrontation with Count Dooku" are actualy altered in the film. It also appears Going After Dooku is extended, possibly through a loop?

For instance, Yoda Strike Back's opening measures are altered to loop, and there is synth that was not meant to be in there. Part of the unaltered opening is inside "On the Conveyor Belt" ("Oh, my Goodness, shut me down!") and also in the Bounty Hunter promo release.

@ Trent - The cue list you based your edit on was incorrect, here is the actual version:

1m? Star Wars (Main Title)

1m? The Arrival

1m? Gas Leak

1m? Droid Fight

1m? Queen Amidala

1m? The Droid Invasion

1m? Introducing Jar Jar

1m? Bubble World

1m? Gone Fishin'

2m? Darth Sidious

2m? Tentacles

2m? Theed Palace Arrival

2m? You're Under Arrest

2m? Escape from Naboo

2m? Intro Darth Maul

2m? Arrival at Tatooine

2m? [Title Unknown]

2m? [Title Unknown]

3m? Running Out of Time

3m? [Title Unknown]

3m? Talk of Podracing

3m? Watto's Deal

3m? Kids at Play

3m? [Title Unknown]

3m? The Sith Spacecraft

3m? [Title Unknown]

3m? Flag Parade

3m? Jabba Introduction

3m? Start Your Engine (unused)

3m? The Race Begins (This cue went mostly unused, but the opening moments were abridged before the cue 'Escape from Naboo' was tracked)

4m? Anakin Defeats Sebulba (swapped with 'Gungans Retreat' in the film)

4m? Anakin's Great Victory

4m? Anakin Is Free

4m? Darth and Qui-Gon

4m? Coruscant Arrival

4m? Queen and Palpatine

5m? High Council Meeting

5m? The Senate

5m? Anakin's Test

5m? He Is the Chosen One

5m? [Title Unknown]

5m? Naboo Temple

5m? The Gungans

5m? War Plans

6m? Forest Mist (a section of this was replaced with a revised cue 'Drum Insert')

6m? The Armies Face Off

6m? Moving Forward (the latter half of this cue was removed entirely)

6m? Take To Your Ships

6m? Laser Fight March (most of this cue was removed in favor of Duel of the Fates)

6m? Anakin Takes Off

6m? The Big Army

6m? The Droid Battle

6m? Up the Wire

6m7 The Great Duel (This cue was removed in favor of Duel of the Fates)

6m? Gungans Retreat (swapped with 'Anakin Defeats Sebulba' in the film)

6m? Crash Landing

6m? Qui-Gon's Noble End

6m? Battleship Destroyed

6m? The End of Darth Maul

7m? [Title Unknown]

7m? Qui-Gon's Funeral

7m? Augie's Great Municipal Band

7m? End Title

7m? End Title Part II (unused)

7m End Title Part II is, I believe, a re-recording of the ANH credits. It can be heard partially in KOTOR2, GoodMusician also edited it into his A New Hope set.

I know, but it's difficult to tell where "Laser Fight March" you have is supposed to start, or is it "Courtyard Crossfire" and "Laser Fight March" that are one cue? I find "Laser Fight March" to be the 'second' part of "Take to Your Ships", basically the part which scores the gungan fight after "Armies Face Off" etc...

Sadly I can't release my set. It's not finished, but I can show you the way it was meant to be by LQ files...

Dude no offense but I don't give a damn. As I said this is my set, I'm happy with the way how it turned out. I don't know what makes you think you're suddenly "Mr. Right" about this stuff is beyond me. No one really fully knows for sure. So in a polite way please just buzz off.

7m End Title Part II is, I believe, a re-recording of the ANH credits. It can be heard partially in KOTOR2, GoodMusician also edited it into his A New Hope set.

Thanks, good point. I knew that piece must have been recorded for The Phantom Menace, but it didn't occur to me this was the cue title. By the way, you can piece this all together from Republic Commando and Starfighter, which offer CD quality sound (actually, Starfighter offers greater than CD quality sound).

I know, but it's difficult to tell where "Laser Fight March" you have is supposed to start, or is it "Courtyard Crossfire" and "Laser Fight March" that are one cue? I find "Laser Fight March" to be the 'second' part of "Take to Your Ships", basically the part which scores the gungan fight after "Armies Face Off" etc...

"Courtyard Crossfire" segues into "Laser Fight March." You can hear the ending of "Courtyard Crossfire" in JPB Music4a at 2:38. It's a sustained trumpet note. I believe this ending was supposed to be overlapped/crossfaded with - or just cut straight to - "Laser Fight March," which starts with the same note but does not sustain it. * Since Music4a immediately segues into different material, you'll have to do a quick fadeout and mix in "Laser Fight March" (Music5c) or just cut straight to it.

In other words, do exactly what it says in my editing instructions. That bit isn't outdated.

* If you're skeptical, there's an edit very similar to this in Temple of Doom - the segue between "Indy Negotiates" and "Nightclub Brawl." Sometimes Williams does write cues with overlapping music, so a simple mix of the two doesn't always do it.