Brock Peters - Dead at 78

Lurker

Actor Brock Peters has died. Star Trek fans will know him either as Admiral Cartwright from Star Trek's IV and VI or as Benjamin Siskos dad, Joseph, on Deep Space 9. Star Wars fans should know him from his portrayl of Darth Vader in the radio shows.

He was 78 and died of pancreatic cancer. You can read his obituary here.

Rest in peace, Mr. Peters.

Neil

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also as Tom in "To Kill a Mockingbird." Great performance. I always thought his work was on par with Gregory Peck's. As you can see by Neil's post, most don't remember that Peters did that role.

I think I'll watch "Mockingbird" this weekend.

Ohh that's sad he was quite good, able to make a likable character that an audience would be sympathetic to.

I thought Brock's performance of TKAM was great,

does this mean his restaurant in Naw'lins is going to close.

Does this mean his restaurant in Naw'lins is going to close.

I hope so. His southern fried chicken always gave me a sour stomach. Unless...dear Lord....Jake continues the business. Could you see the Sisko kid in an apron???

hope so. His southern fried chicken always gave me a sour stomach. Unless...dear Lord....Jake continues the business. Could you see the Sisko kid in an apron???

well you know you English, you think ketchup is spicy food. Good ole creole fried chicken has to have some heat.

Damn another good Star Trek actor has died? :fouetaa:

Brock Peters was definitely a good actor, I enjoyed him in Star Trek's IV and VI. I was real surprised to see him take on the role as Sikso's father in DS9, even though he was only a guest on the show a few times he still did good. He shall be missed...

RIP Brock...