We are witness to John Williams declining ability.

JoeinAR

please Jesse, don't give the Matrix that much credit.  It was not the same kind of leap in effects technolgy as Star Wars or JP

What leap is there in TPM? Fake spaceships and Jar jar? Please!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say 'screw the Matrix' anyway.  See Dark City instead, it doesn't get enough props, and it came out the year before The Matrix and got overshadowed.

Because Dark City wasn't that good. I mean, it had a year to do its thing and it failed.

Wow, a movie that failed during its theatrical release never became a classic? Fascinating.

Tim

please Jesse, don't give the Matrix that much credit. It was not the same kind of leap in effects technolgy as Star Wars or JP

I agree. That's what I said.

please Jesse, don't give the Matrix that much credit.  It was not the same kind of leap in effects technolgy as Star Wars or JP

What leap is there in TPM? Fake spaceships and Jar jar? Please!

no one said that it did, but I still liked those effects better than in the overrated, but entertaining Matrix

I say 'screw the Matrix' anyway.  See Dark City instead, it doesn't get enough props, and it came out the year before The Matrix and got overshadowed.

Because Dark City wasn't that good. I mean, it had a year to do its thing and it failed.

Wow, a movie that failed during its theatrical release never became a classic? Fascinating.

OK, I will correct myself then. Dark City (1998) had 7 years to do its thing and it failed. Look at it this way, Event Horizon, Battlefield Earth, Contact and Sphere also have their fair share of admirers, but classics they will never be.

----------------

Alex Cremers - who can spot a classic even before it has been made.