2005 MB highlights/low points.

Another year closes for the MB.

What do you consider an event that characterised this year for you, Forum wise?

What happened here that you want to remember, or forget as soon as possible?

This can be something that happened on the MB itself, or related to the MB or John Williams (like going to a film music concert and hooking up with some other members)

Stefancos- heading to Mother for his yearly dose of oliebollen en appelflappen.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head:

- The Lucasfilm invasion.

- Roald's scare over WotW.

- The constant scrounging for unreleased RotS material.

- The board wars with MF.com and those classical folks.

- Three out of four JW scores leaking early. :sigh:

Oh, and there was some personnel change here, apparently.

You want to see a low point? :sigh:

I'd also add Incanus' (and others') constant stressing over the FotR release date (perhaps not an ultimate highlight, but it certainly was entertaining :D ), and Joe's very touching and personal post when his partner died (still thinking of you, Joe, hope you're well).

I'd have to think of stuff that happened earlier on in this year.

- Roald's scare over WotW.

Definitely that was great!

Also, some fun came form that dude who wanted to turn us into a bunh of Tom Petty fans...

One of the bad things, the disappearing of John Crichton, one of the funniest members.

Didn't you get banned?

Did anyone noticed that?

Another point, shocking point, Joe's gay revelation. I always tought he had a wife and two children. :sigh:

Hope he's well anyways.

No, not in the very least, Joe is still Joe.

But the death of his friend is definatly the low point for me this year.

The high point was meeting hitch in Amsterdam.

Funnily enough both events happened in the space of a single week.

Other points of interest:

Change of Moderation. (Marc is doing well, though he to damn soft!)

The return of Roald and all the fanboy hysterics that came along with it.

A record number of Star Wars related threads.

AlexCremers warming up to me (or am I just imagining this)

Ren dissapearing almost completely. (damn women always pull this crap on me!)

Mirko.

The staggering number of posts done by me, most of them I can't even remember.

ROTS MP3's leaking and causing a frenzy.

I think for me the highlight of this year has definitely been the leaking of Revenge Of The Sith score a month before it's release and of course the 'leaking' of the unreleased material from the games.

Of course there's also me being banned for one week. LOL

People losing their minds over mediocre quality MP3's a looong time before the film and the score is officially released, making the MB almost impossible to visit for people who wish to remain uninformed for the time being.

Another low point.

People here being personally offended by Patrick Doyle and his GOOD score for the 4th Potter film.

Despite the fact that Williams chose not to score that film.

Steef calling me at work pretending to be George Lucas was certainly a highlight of this past year.

Johnnyecks got married this year and hopefully this board was a big part of getting him a free wedding and a paid honeymoon in the Bahamas. Does it get much better than that?

Neil

People losing their minds over mediocre quality MP3's a looong time before the film and the score is officially released, making the MB almost impossible to visit for people who wish to remain uninformed for the time being.

You got a point there. The mediocre (as you put it) quality of the Mp3's did bother me a bit but I didn't loose my mind over it. I was glad to hear the score early before I saw the film. Made me appreciate it even more.

I was all ready spoiled with the spoilers but I can see where it was a bit un-nerving to try to avoid the threads if you weren't spoiled with the spoilers from MF and other places as well as with the score. If that made sense...

Johnnyecks got married this year and hopefully this board was a big part of getting him a free wedding and a paid honeymoon in the Bahamas.  Does it get much better than that?

Oh yes, that was great. Seems so long ago already.

John would kill me if I say I forgot about that! I actually didn't forgot at all, but it was at the beginning of the year so we tended to reminds the newer facts.

Low points for me is Stefan and Neil replying to my posts that should have being ignored, and ignoring post that should have been replied. :baaa:

My High point(of fun point):that week when those RotS MP3's from Battlefront 2 were piling up and we got most of the key unreleased cues and staying up all night to make new edits.

K.M.

My High point(of fun point):that week when  those RotS MP3's from Battlefront 2 were piling up and we got most of the key unreleased cues and staying up all night to make new edits.

K.M.

Indeed. :baaa:

Low points for me is Stefan and Neil replying to my posts that should have being ignored, and ignoring post that should have been replied. :|

Should I ignore this one?

You didn't. :P:baaa:

2005 MB highlights/low points.

The shocking (but not entirely surprising) revelation that the John Williams Message Board managment, all hail from Karbala in Iraq. And that each year they dress in white and walk through the crowds occasionally slicing their scalps with big knives, in honour of Mr Williams. I always suspected something about the top brass :baaa:

The Evidence

A few highlights of my year would be...

Farina: The Subtle Temptress.

My induction into the First Order of JWFAN.NET.

The Book of Justin

The Chronicles of The Justin

Look At The Size of That Thing! :baaa:

Justin - Who would totally high five Hitch and Drax if they were actual people. :|

High points:

My return to the message board after close to a year off, although only Joe and Neil noticed.

4 wonderful scores by Williams

Low points:

Joe's tragedy.

The lack of respect for Patrick Doyle even though as Stefancos stated above Williams chose not to do GOF.

Roald's ridiculous posts that Williams would not be scoring War Of The Worlds or Munich.

A great majority of the polls.

The same ole Star Wars bickering between the Original Trilogy and The Prequels and the Special Editions etc etc etc etc

The MF vs JWFAN.net episode this past summer

Eh it's still one of the best sites and message boards on the web so I can live with the highs and lows.

The JWFAN year of 2005

Music by John Williams

Conducted By King Mark

1-The Breaking of the Potterdom

2-The Goblet of Fire Tragedy

3-Star Wars and the Revenge of the MilleneumFalcom.com

4-Jack Chappel's Ruminations

5-The Banning of Tommy Johnson

6-Roald's Paranoid Antics

7-Scrambling for the Unreleased Music

8-The Persecution of Patrick Doyle

9-March of the Prequel Friends

10-The Geisha Doldrums

11-The Brainwashing of Mr.Breathmask and Neil's Escape

12-The Passing of Joe's Friend

13-The General Amnesty and The Return of A.I.

14-That Fourth Score No One Cares About.

K.M.

The MF vs JWFAN.net episode this past summer

I fondly remember the brief JWFAN invasion of the JNH MB.

I kinda forgot about that, and I was actually involved. There seemed to be only three of us awake at the time the Shore news broke. If you look at that original thread, it's the same people posting back and forth for about 3 hours. It got so lonely here that we invaded the JNH board to get more involved. LOL

Good times....

Tim