Great video interview with John Williams!!!

Nemesis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who wanted to go and shit all over that little brat who was sitting behind Kenny Hall and looked like he was about to fall asleep with his head resting in his hand..

I saw that little SOB too. What a complete ass.

Oh, and I couldn't believe that Williams is going to be on Jay Leno on Feb 4th with Yo-Yo Ma! Though I think he has the date wrong because that's a Saturday, and they don't do shows on the weekend, right? How awesome! It's just going to be the two of them with Williams on piano. Hopefully someone can nab this and upload it!

And this set of videos is the coolest thing ever! Thanks!

Tim

John Williams is a complete gentleman. Every minute of this interview is worth cherishing. It really reminds me of those mock-press conferences that the entire journalism faculty that I was in had to attend at college last year. In those, I always fantasised about John Williams or someone more interesting than the boring old journo dinosaurs giving a talk, then I know I would have topped the faculty in writing an informed article about it. I was about to mention the poor manners of that sleepy-arse at the back but someone beat me to it, there's always one in every class, but I'm sure the rest of that audience really appreciate the experience they just had.

That story about Schindler's List was one I was completely unaware of. He outdoes himself every time and is always so wonderfully modest about it. His soft spoken and polite nature really makes him a world-class role model.

A completely left-field observation, where the hell are all the women? Don't women in general have any interest in musical composition (that isn't pop related)? Seriously.

A completely left-field observation, where the hell are all the women? Don't women in general have any interest in musical composition (that isn't pop related)? Seriously.

How many female film composers do you know?

Rachel Portman and Wendy Carlos... but dare I count the latter?

mmmm guys.... havent you ever 'meditated' at class? Havent you sleept so little you are very tired?

Sure some talk about a boring disease with a boring teacher is much more narcoleptic than a conference by the maestro.

Im for sure would have not napped if i had been there :angry: but im sure many of the people i know would...

How many female film composers do you know?

Rachel Portman and Wendy Carlos... but dare I count the latter?

I believe the procedure was completed. Walter is no more.

And you are forgetting Anne Dudely, who beat four more deserving chaps to the 1997 oscar, mainly because of the song 'You Sexy Thing' and a Rocky rip-off.

Though supposedly her score to American History X is quite good.

We do - there's just not many of us. And those that are the age to appreciate aren't the age that most uses the internet. But we're out there. And as soon as I get home to my own computer you better believe my first order of business will be watching this interview! I'm so out of touch - I didn't even know about the Golden Globe! (hangs her head in shame)