National Anthems

ashinyobject

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly our national anthem is the best. Although I would like to hear Finlandia as our anthem.

Yay Kimi Raikonnen World Champion! :)

Yeah, thank god it was not Hammilton who won.

Hey Ron Dennis! You Suck!

I think Hamilton has a real talent (but in the end he didn't controlled the pression) but in the second half of the season he started getting helped too many times by those who works in the tracks. He must show that he can win honestly, without external helps. But I understand that growing up in such a dishonest team (he's been in McLaren for like 10 years now) didn't help to get a clean personality. I mean, before the China GP, he was one step away to win mathematically, but instead of be content with just making the points he needed (arriving second was enough) he preferred to win at all costs...and he paid that with that error (and he also did another error in the final GP too).

And of course he and his "friend" Alonso were about to win using a silver Ferrari, you know what I mean. ;)

I like Alonso. If wasn't for Raikkonen, I would have preferred him to win instead of Hamilton. Apart the fact he won his first championship just because Ferrari wasn't supported by decent tyres (otherwise the car was superior than Renault in 2005) he's a great driver, certainly one that could face the legendary Schumacher without many problems.

I also like the fact that watching Formula 1 I started to appreciate and become familiar with so many anthems! German and Spanish in the past years, I was too little for the Brazilian one at the Senna's era :( but now there's Massa, and finally with the Finnish one.

Right now, one that watches Formula 1, can often listen to these anthems:

- Finnish (when Raikkonen wins)

- Italian (when a Ferrari driver wins)

- English (when Hamilton and a McLaren driver wins)

- Brazilian (when Massa wins)

- Spanish (when Alonso wins)

- French (when a Renault driver wins...like Alonso next year again?)

- German (well, not often anymore...another reason to miss Schumi...listening to German's anthem and then the Italian one became over the years like an unique mix)

All of these are among my favourite anthems. The only one that isn't present is the American one, but we just don't need the U.S.A. to be predominant in this sport too. :)

Funny enough is that there's an American driver named Scott Speed...whose slow. :blink:

Kazakhstan greatest country in the world,

All other countries are run by little girls.

Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium,

all other countries have inferior potassium.

Kazakhstan home of Tinshein swimming pool,

it’s length thirty meter and width six meter.

Filtration system a marvel to behold.

It remove 83 percent of human solid waste.

Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place,

From Plains of Tarashek to northern fence of Jewtown.

Kazakhstan friend of all except Uzbekistan,

They very nosey people with bone in their brain.

Kazakhstan industry best in the world,

we invented toffee and trouser belt.

Kazakhstan's prostitutes cleanest in the region,

except of course Turkmenistan's.

Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place,

From Plains of Tarashek to northern fence of Jewtown.

Come grasp the might penis of our leader from junction with the testes to tip of its face!

:blink: I like! Is nice!

Israel, Russia and Sweden have good ones, as does the U.S., but its text is pure, simple, blood-thirsty balderdash!

The text of the US anthem isn't blood-thirsty balderdash. It's a poem written by someone who was witnessing a British bombardment of an American fort during the War of 1812. The "rockets" and "bombs" in the song are being fired BY the British AT America. So it's a poem about America's survival against all odds, not America's thirst for blood. Sadly, most people here don't know the words to the anthem (just youtube it to see some disastrous public renditions) and don't recognize that the last line is a question not only about the survival of America itself (i.e. Is the American flag still flying?) but also a question about the survival of American ideals (i.e. Is the flag still flying over a country that embraces freedom?). I think that's been a good question to ask at different points in our history. So, undoubtedly the anthem is the product of war and is about a battle, but it isn't blood-thirsty, warmongering, imperialist propaganda like some make it out to be. And the tune is an old English drinking song, not a militaristic march.

By the way, I vote for the anthem of the European Union. You can't do much better than "Ode to Joy" IMO.

I like the East German National Anthem

Hail, hail East Germany

Land of fruit and grape

Land where you'll regret

If you try to escape

No matter if you tunnel under or take a running jump at the wall

Forget it, the guards will kill you, if the electrified fence doesn't first.

From Top Secret of course