GOMP - My own movie...

Sandor

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother made most of the drawings. Expect more artwork in the future; from one-sheet concepts to storyboards.  

Again; thanks for the positive feedback! :wave:

Since this is a very low-budget project, I'm wondering how the make-up us gonna compare to the artwork.

Unless one is you is a sickeningly deformed creature....

I think the Gomp actor looks very similar to Lars Ulrich (of Metallica).

Aren't those the guys that sang during a Michael Kamen concert a few years back.

Aren't those the guys that sang during a Michael Kamen concert a few years back.

Yes, actually it was a Metallica concert with Kamen conducting the orchestra.

I have the 2 disc CD, there's also a DVD as well.

I also have the CD. I find that other bands merged better with an orchestra than Metallica. The arrangments are sometimes mixed poorly. Except on Until It Sleeps.

Anyway; Gomp's Theme Lead Sheet Music now on our site. Check it out: www.gompmovie.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I love that theme! (I'm a sucker for chord progressions but it's still good).

Honestly, if you told me this was a mockup by any A-list composer I'd believe you - it's definitely better than HGW's 'Aslan' theme. There's a lot of development in there that I didn't hear first time. You better let us know if you get this recorded properly :)

My only slight criticism is that I often find too many cascading notes a little...amateurish. I really like the idea but for me there's something in there that could be a little more 'solid'?

I mean the way that those 5 main notes 'cascade' down quickly. Maybe reducing the notes used in that bit... but then I guess the 'smoothness' of it is good with keeping the atmosphere. Heck, what do I know (I know close to zero technical music knowledge), I'm just a humble fan :D

Have you started filming yet?

No, but things are moving towards that. It could be several months though before actual filming starts. We realize the importance of a good preparation.

Just shoot a bunch of stuff and sort out all the problems during post production.

That's what I always do.

Never knew how close your filming philosophy is to that of George Lucas...

• 3 weeks later...
That's some gory stuff in there. That trailer would be rated R normally.

Yeah, but it's so concept-like that we felt it could stay in there. It is a horror-film in the end...

i like the trailer. Sorry for the delay with the second theme arrangment.

I just completed a feature length score and have spent the last 4 days working on trailers for another movie. Should have some time to arrange on friday though.

• 5 months later...

Just a short update on our film:

We are currently working on a prologue to the GOMP movie. It's called The Blue Horse and we have just finished a script that I'm very happy with. It has become a character piece with an amazing depth to it.

We're currently working with Mark Janicello (see www.markjanicello.net) who was a double for Andy Garcia and worked on Married To The Mob (with Michelle Pfeiffer). He is also a great singer (including opera) and he may do some vocal work on the score.

We try to keep the site/blog updated, but are currently working an new, real site.

Here's some artwork for The Blue Horse (from www.blogspot.gompmovie.com).

bluehorse8.3.jpg

posteridea.jpg

And a link to a new theme I composed: Nathalie's Theme:

http://media.putfile.com/Nathalies-Theme

The theme really kicks in at 0.46 and I kept it very simple and delicate.