• Season Two
    • Season Three
    • Season Four

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to make one thing very clear: I LOVE 24. The disappointment with season 5 simply lies with the fact that for the first time the "make it up as you go along"-approach was so obvious, it really hurt the story (and especially the characters!). I was made more aware than before that 24 has a formula and some things tend to get a little tiring after numerous repetitions and incarnations throughout the previous seasons.

Of course; I can't really go into detail here. It would thread "spoiler territory..."

But just one example: the plot twist concerning President Logan enriched the second part of Season 5, but made the first half seem futile and terribly inconsistent.

Also, the accusation that Audrey was involved and that changed one episode later is another crack in the storytelling.

Tony .... (spoiler) and why doesn't this get mentioned?

This list is endless.

Still looking forward to Season 6 though. Very, very much!! :mrgreen:

The drama in season 5 was great, and the last third of the season had an awesome political subtext.

But I will say of all seasons, season 5 was the most episodic, especially in the last half (there's the Airplane Episode, the Heller Episode, the Bank Episode, the Submarine Episode, the Save-the-Little-Girl Episode, etc.). Although it never got as unhinged as season 4, which was managed to be tedious and dull, despite being one of the most action-packed seasons of them all.

Even though the return of Palmer was at first just another yawnerific surprise, I actually think that's the point where the series picked up again. It reintroduced politics into the story, an element that was sorely missed during the rest of the season.