2009 Razzies

John Crichton

Not sure if this deserves it's own thread, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. Anyway, the nominations for this year's Razzies are out, and to celebrate the decade there are also awards for the worst movie, actor, and actress of the decade.

Cliky

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I hope Transformers 2 takes home the big "prize". Lord knows it's deserving. <_<

Well, Transformers 2 did dominate the night:

WORST PICTURE– "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"

WORST DIRECTOR– Michael Bay, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"

WORST SCREENPLAY- Ehren Kruger & Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"

WORST ACTOR– All Three Jonas Brothers, "Jonas Brothers: The 3-D Concert Experience"

WORST ACTRESS– Sandra Bullock, "All About Steve"

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR– Billy Ray Cyrus, "Hannah Montana: The Movie"

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS– Sienna Miller, " G.I. Joe"

WORST SCREEN COUPLE– Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper, "All About Steve"

WORST REMAKE RIP-OFF SEQUEL– "Land of the Lost"

WORST PICTURE OF THE DECADE– "Battlefield Earth"

WORST ACTOR OF THE DECADE– Eddie Murphy, "Adventures of Pluto Nash," "I Spy," "Imagine That," " Meet Dave," "Norbit," and "Showtime"

WORST ACTRESS OF THE DECADE– Paris Hilton "The Hottie & the Nottie," "House of Wax," and "Repo: The Genetic Opera"

Sandra Bullock joins the very short list of people who actually turned up to collect their award. Have a hunt for the video (it's on YouTube) - she is really quite cool....

Is Battlefield Earth even worse than AotC?

Yes, but still not as bad as Batman & Robin. But that's another decade, so it doesn't count. <_<

Karol

JD Shapiro also turned up to collect the Razzie for Battlefield Earth - thanking the "dozens and dozens" of people who saw the movie....

Hmmmm.....Battlefield Earth vs Batman and Robin? That would make an interesting poll.....much as though I loathe Batman and Robin, I gotta say I still think Battlefield Earth would take the cake for the worst out of the two....

it was verrry verrry bad. Battlefield earth that is, worse than AOTC, yeah, but not to an established fanbase. Unlike AOTC it never had aspirations of pleasing millions of Star Wars lovers.

Unlike AOTC it never had aspirations of pleasing millions of Star Wars lovers.

Unfortunately, it probably succeeded at that.

But yeah, B:E is absolutely worse than AOTC, as is BATMAN & ROBIN. Mainly because I can find more than one redeeming

feature in AOTC (but it only really stretches to maybe three). B&R has Goldenthal's score, B:E has, well, comedy value. I can't even remember the score.