Star Trek is better than everything

Unlucky Bastard

Real Star Trek is better than Abram's Star Trek.

Star Trek Axenor looks better than Simon Pegg's excrement.

Kirk's Enterprise, All Enterprises A-E and the NX Enterprise>Abrams deformed turkey legged enterprise. Even the Gerald Ford Enterprise is better looking, but that's a given.

The space shuttle orbiter test glider mockup. 

ServiceEdit

220px-Star_Trek_cast_and_Space_Shuttle_E
Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, the Star Trek cast and NASA administrators attending Enterprise'srollout ceremony

Construction began on Enterprise on June 4, 1974.[1] Designated OV-101, it was originally planned to be named Constitution and unveiled on Constitution Day, September 17, 1976. A letter-writing campaign by Star Trekfans to President Gerald Ford asked that the orbiter be named after the Starship Enterprise. White House advisors cited "hundreds of thousands of letters" from Trekkies—"one of the most dedicated constituencies in the country"—as a reason for giving the shuttle the name. Although Ford did not publicly mention the campaign, the president—saying he was "partial to the name" Enterprise—directed NASA officials to change the name.[3][10][11]

5 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Gerald Ford Enterprise?

Do not listen to Wojo. He will mislead you. 

I am talking about USS-ENTERPRISE CV-80

DCS12-255-3-1.jpg

She will be the 3rd vessel of the Gerald Ford class of carriers. She will be equipped with lasers.

1 hour ago, WojinPA said:

A water ship will always be inferior to any spaceship. 

Not necessarily in looks.

When completed the Enterprise will be the single most powerful ship in the world. 

Bryan Singer should get a shot at a Star Trek film.

11 hours ago, Nick Tatopoulos's Beret said:

Hell, all the women these days are dressed in these skintight revealing "yoga" outfits not unlike Seven of Nine's catsuit. Star Trek predicts the future again.

But they are all unattractive compared to Seven.

And lack her Borg enhancements! ;)

I just watched them all on Netflix and don't reckon I'll want to watch any of them again for years, unless one of my faves is on BBC America and there's nothing else on. Otherwise it's just a purchase of something just to say I own it, and I need to stop that harmful practice  

I already have all the episodes I love best. And I was given the entire set of dvds of TNG and DS9.

It's bittersweet because they're probably gauging interest in DS9 on Blu-ray based on sales of the TNG box. I bought the latest TOS presentations on Blu-ray but cannot justify buying TNG. I would likely buy DS9. 

I'd be happy with an affordable DVD release for now. Until I finish viewing the series on Netflix, then I'll be okay for another decade. 

DC: Before the final battle in the Mutara Nebula, there’s a brief scene where Kirk, Spock, and Saavik are climbing the Jeffries tubes back up to the Bridge. On the DVD, there was a bit of dialogue here in which Kirk tells Spock (of David): “That boy is my son.” To which Spock replied: “Fascinating.” The scene is still there, but Meyer requested that those two lines of dialogue be removed – just so you know. It’s not an error, it’s something the director wanted.

Good, that line never really worked for me.