Star Trek is better than everything

Unlucky Bastard

6 hours ago, E.T. and Elliot said:

It's kinda like being Data in Generations and Descent two-parter.

I wonder if prune juice gave Data the Hershey squirts like it does me. 

You mean Worf??

I'm going to see Generations and First Contact in 35mm next week in Santa Monica! I'm so excited! I haven't seen those in a theater since their respective opening nights.

2 hours ago, E.T. and Elliot said:

You mean Worf??

I'm going to see Generations and First Contact in 35mm next week in Santa Monica! I'm so excited! I haven't seen those in a theater since their respective opening nights.

What theater is doing that?

20 hours ago, E.T. and Elliot said:

You mean Worf??

Lucky thing as far as First Contact goes. My local cinema only showed it for a week or two and I missed the chance to see it on the big screen.

Generations though had been the first film I ever saw in the cinema. Hard to believe that was a little over twenty years ago.

I can vividly remember seeing both, especially Generations. I remember being a little squirt on the edge of my seat with feet dangling above the floor, gripping the arm rests when the Enterprise crashed like I was riding Star Tours at Disneyland.

I have vivid recollection of sitting through half an hour of idiot adverts, two women sat in front of me who kept exchanging looks after moments in the film which somehow blocked my view but Kirk's death searing into my memory. Childhood hero and all that.

Insurrection I recall being dragged into the Ba'ku village during the main titles by Goldsmith's score and the spell being shattered by the reveal of the Duck Blind. Also when F. Murray Abraham has his skin tightened and some woman audibly going: "EEEK!"

I just finished up Voyager and started it up again. I don't really like the beginning or ending of the series aside from The Doctor and Tom Paris.

The way they return to Earth at the very end of the finale is exceptionally weak. I almost feel like they should never have gotten back. Hate the bizarre tacked on Chakotay/Seven of Nine romance.

The pilot is so bogus. Starts out good, but it quickly deteriorates. Thank God for The Doctor. When they go into the Caretaker Array and there's a God damned hoedown? What the fuck. That seems like a Rick Berman idea for some reason. "There should be a hoedown in there." What.

It's a good series overall with some truly great episodes and a lot of awesome two-parters, but it's definitely problematic.

I don't understand how you follow the excellent TNG and superior DS9 with the greatly inferior Voyager. It's as if all the leftover plot ideas they didn't have room for in the previous shows were cleaned off the editing floor and repackaged for Voyager. 

3 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Good show!

The theme is great.

Kate Mulgrew's voice on the other hand...

21 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

She has a great Hepburnesque voice.

Nah. Just rough, coarse and irritating. But it doesn't luckily get everywhere.

Stefan get with the times! It was an obvious reference to Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones but now you ruined the subtle joke by not getting it.

3 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Stefan get with the times! It was an obvious reference to Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones but now you ruined the subtle joke by not getting it.

Ignore Alvar. I don't know AOTC very well. Sorry. 

Well back to Star Trek. If I have seen TNG and loved it, should I watch Deep Space Nine? I have actually ever seen only about half an episode ages ago.

The Equinox should've had its own little four-part mini series. Voyager started off alright but the Maquis and various other problems along the way like the knackering of the Borg did it in.

• 3 weeks later...
On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 5:14 AM, Incanus said:

Only a sad pathetic person would get a subtle joke from AOTC, such a terrible movie and score.