New Dreamworks Logo Music

GoodMusician

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, DreamWorks was sold to some other company recently (not sure which - Sony/Paramount maybe?), that could have an influence.

yea... there's also a horn variant...

This one wasn't even similar at all to that theme... it was completely new. I saw it on Over the Hedge. It may be their CG -Dreamworks logo or something? I've not seen any of their other CG stuff... They did Madagascar right?

Anyways, it was very much along the same lines as the old opening, but re-done...water... clouds... little boy... Dreamworks logo... but redone in CG I think--which makes me wonder if it isn't just their CG logo song...

kinda made me sad :angry:

Dreamworks Animation has their own logo and music.

I believe it starts with balloons and has different colors for each letter.

oh yea... that's it.

There are balloons and then they kinda dissapear into the Dreamworks logo...each letter a different color. Yea...

anyone know who did that?

--I just thought that maybe since Dreamworks had been bought out, they redid the intro and changed it and it made me sad to think they'd replace John's music. I always enjoyed that.

I didn't recognize it as that.. I could be wrong but it really didn't sound like that to me.

If it was Shrek, then the answer is a variation of a Harry Gregson-Williams theme...k

Orrakul, are you referring to the new music that has supposedly replaced Maestro Williams' music? I know that for the movie Shrek itself, Mr. Gregson-Williams' score starts during the Dreamworks logo. But I don't think that theme has been used during the logo in other films...has it?

Wallace and Gromit has the Dreamworks Animation logo. The music sounds like part of Nott's score (orchestration-wise), but I'm not sure. Perhaps Dreamworks' Animation department doesn't have its own theme music. Isn't the music over the Warner Brothers logo also always part of the score (or silence)?

I hear part of the Shrek theme used for Dreamworks Animation's logo. I continue to hear Maestro Williams' lovely theme (guitar or horn version) for the logo of Dreamworks' live action films.

Isn't the music over the Warner Brothers logo also always part of the score (or silence)?

Isn't like that in any movies or any film company logo....It either silence or it is part of the film score which could be considered be the start of main titles cue? Some movies may have the film company logo which may have a theme for the film company logo but not all movies have it.

Isn't the music over the Warner Brothers logo also always part of the score (or silence)?

Isn't like that in any movies or any film company logo....It either silence or it is part of the film score which could be considered be the start of main titles cue? Some movies may have the film company logo which may have a theme for the film company logo but not all movies have it.

I think WB doesn't have music at all. I mean, I don't remember any at least. Universal seems to have either Jerry Goldsmith's fanfare or score (like for Munich or the Bourne films).

Well, a long time, they used to have the famous Steiner fanfare, obviously (which btw always was part of the score as well). Later, for some anniversary, there was a time when they used a rendition of As Time Goes By during their logo.

Well, a long time, they used to have the famous Steiner fanfare, obviously (which btw always was part of the score as well).

That's the one at the start of Casablanca, right?

By the way, who wrote the other Universal logo (the one at the start of Vertigo)?

Goldsmith did a version of the old Warners Logo music for Gremlins.

I would love a CD that featured all fanfares, although the short cues would probably drive some crazy. Fortuantely we have been getting some of the logo music thanks to Intrada and Varese.