Johnny's net worth?

Eric_JWFAN

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that his per film salary probably averages 'round 250k to 800k, with a couple of millions thrown in with the big collaborations (aka Spielberg or with Lucas), his Boston Pops salary, and his royalties, and gues speaker apperances

On average he could make anywhere from $1.5 to $3.0mill per year depending on what projects he's working on, also factoring in royalties (which come in over time), and may not necessarily be from scores of the same year the income is in.

Considering that his per film salary probably averages 'round 250k to 800k, with a couple of  millions thrown in with the big collaborations (aka Spielberg or with Lucas), his Boston Pops salary, and his royalties, and gues speaker apperances

On average he could make anywhere from $1.5 to $3.0mill per year depending on what projects he's working on, also factoring in royalties (which come in over time), and may not necessarily be from scores of the same year the income is in.

What about album and soundtrack sales, conducting appearances, residual money from NBC, theme parks, and any television stations that air his music? Has he kept any part of the publishing rights? Also, do you think that $250k-800 fee might be conservative? I would be amazed if a John Williams feature film score can be had for that cheap.

Considering that his per film salary probably averages 'round 250k to 800k, with a couple of  millions thrown in with the big collaborations (aka Spielberg or with Lucas), his Boston Pops salary, and his royalties, and gues speaker apperances

What about album and soundtrack sales, conducting appearances, residual money from NBC, theme parks, and any television stations that air his music? Has he kept any part of the publishing rights? Also, do you think that $250k-800 fee might be conservative? I would be amazed if a John Williams feature film score can be had for that cheap.

Films generally allocate <5-10% of their budget to the music, so there isn't a whole lot that can be given to the composer, without cannibalizing on everything else required for the score.

So if Johnny thinks you're cheap, you either up the music budget, or hope he's into your project enough to take it on regardless (Geisha!).

What about album and soundtrack sales, conducting appearances, residual money from NBC, theme parks, and any television stations that air his music? Has he kept any part of the publishing rights?

Royalties (sales, television/theme parks/radio) and guest appearances (conducting) cover the above. Publishing rights to film music are always turned over to the studio. In fact, all rights to the film's score are turned over to the studio when the masters are handed in.

James Horner apparently got $20 Million for Titanic alone. The album sales were huge, but when you factor in everything cited by Eric JWFan, and the fact that John Williams has been at the top of his game for 30 years, I believe that a low 9 figure net worth is quite possible.

1976: Jerry Goldsmith = The Omen = $25,000 = Oscar

1976: John Williams = Family Plot = $10,000 = Obscurity

1977: John Williams = Star Wars = $???? + percentage points = Oscar

We should know what Mr Williams' is making per year. We're keeping those turtlenecks on his back.

1976: Jerry Goldsmith = The Omen = $25,000 = Oscar

1976: John Williams = Family Plot = $10,000 = Obscurity

1977: John Williams = Star Wars = $???? + percentage points = Oscar

We should know what Mr Williams' is making per year.  We're keeping those turtlenecks on his back.

By comparison he had a contracted pay of $305,000 (in todays numbers) for Close Encounters.

Well, I'm sure 9 figures is a good estimate, but I doubt he keeps any more than a couple hundred thousand a year to live on. I'm betting most of it quietly goes to music foundations. For someone who makes so much, though, he does keep it very quiet. I have a lot of respect for that.

~JW

Yo biatch, if you wan my big dawg to lay you down some funk, you gonna come up with some bread!

So he's so high up, that he don't take dough, he takes the baked deal? ;-)

come on he is easilly around 5-10 million no problem. he probably clears 1 mil on concert appearances alone a year. 500,000 easy on residuals from tv another 300 from albumbs plus his salary. he is going to donate plenty of his money on his death.

come on he is easilly around 5-10 million no problem.  he probably clears 1 mil on concert appearances alone a year.    500,000 easy on residuals from tv another 300 from albumbs plus his salary. he is going to donate plenty of his money on his death.

To the City of Prague Philarmonic.

These are the kind of things that I feel are frankly non of my business to know.

What are you wearing babe?

$10 black turtleneck, $1,000 suit from Nordstroms, $250 black Gucci shoes and $500 Dolce & Gabana spectacles. Oh....and $4 bottle of L'Oreal anti-dandruff shampoo for my hair....because I'm worth it.

come on he is easilly around 5-10 million no problem.  he probably clears 1 mil on concert appearances alone a year.    500,000 easy on residuals from tv another 300 from albumbs plus his salary. he is going to donate plenty of his money on his death.

So at last they will have a reason to play things are they were meant to be.

So at last they will have a reason to play things are they were meant to be.

Hmm, I wonder what Williams could do with that orchestra. Could he bring them into line, or are they beyond repair?

We've all heard about how scary he is when he doesn't like the performance. Methinks Johnny should get over there and release any pent up anger he may have. But then again, whats he got to be angry about - he's the greatest, most successful film composer in the world.

Therefore the Prague orchestra will always be shite.

If Goldsmith couldn't get good performances out of some of those European orchestras I doubt Williams would fare any better.