Trailer for The Prestige is out

Romão

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this because I believe there are many Nolan and Bale fans in this board.

JW was in London in May, maybe he was spotting the film to score it :thumbup:

I read the book which was a very good read except for the ending. The trailer's changed a bit of stuff from the looks of it (they weren't friends in the book) but I'm excited about any new Nolan film and David Bowie as Tesla.

Wow, Bale looks like he's in his element here! When I read about it I thought it was going to suck (hocus pocus, blah, blah) but now that I've seen the trailer: Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale Bale ...

Alex

I posted this because I believe there are many Nolan and Bale fans in this board.

A Nolan fan, yeah somewhat. But a Bale fan? that is totally gay.

This looks pretty good. But I agree, the trailer did give a bit too much away... unless this film has a very, very, very complicated plot... :?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The film looks great. However, the trailer style seems to conflict with (what I guess) the film's style will be. It's a badly-done trailer for what will undoubtedly be an excellent film - that's the way I see it, anyway.

While I don't think the first trailer was bad, I could just imagine what a serious ad campaign for this film could have been like. A really thought out set of trailers, that one by one draw people into the world of magic (to it's varying degrees).

Not watching this new trailer. First one already showed too much.

Perhaps not too much, but enough. The first trailer was excellent, I don't want to see more before I watch the actual movie.

The Illusionist? The only real thing similiar between them is that there's magic and a love interest. The Prestige is about dueling magicians trying to find the secrets to the others tricks and the Illusionist was about one magician against the king (or something)

The Prestige is the second film I really look forward this year (the first was Superman Returns, but that's another topic...). I hope that Nolan can deliver this time also. I liked all his films so far and he didn't make any particulary weak movie. He's a strong storyteller, and we don't have enough of that anymore.

Karol

I got drawn in because of the concept, and then I read the book.

Did you like it?

Yep, the book for the most part is split between the diary entries of the two magicians, both of which were great characters but the ending was a bit weird. Nolan has said that the movie is a loose adaptation of the book so I hope they change the ending.