At last, after 104 days of domestic release...

Pelzter

...Quess what? AOTC hit the $300m mark, and has now made approx. $300.001m in the US alone.

--Pelzter, who knows this is getting tedious.

PS: LOTR was actually only two days faster to the same amount in 2001.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, no one SHOULD, it's not like we get any kickbacks, but generally, when people like something, they want it to succeed as much as possible, so, therefore, I care.

You have no point, you have an opinion. Just 'cuz you didn't like something doesn't mean no one else does.

Personally, I loved it, so that's why I wanted it to do well. I don't think Spiderman deserved that much $$$, it just wasn't THAT good.

Well,it just prooves SW is not "fading away".AOTC still managed to drive me into the theater 4 times despite bad dialogue,acting and music editing.

Maybe its just something about leaving our own world a bit to get into that alternate and now familiar universe GL created for 2 hours.

K.M.

Yep,however the flaws in the movies,GL has crated a monster universe with plenty of planets,weird beasts and aliens,sith and Jedis,characters that have their own history,varied cultures,cities,politics even religion that are now part of us,and source of inspiration for a miriad of books,even encyclopedias.I think we all like revisiting those places and the new ones each movie brings us.Thats the true genius of Star Wars to me.

K.M.

Ill continue here because the Edit function screws up..

Anyhow,its nice to see the technology has evolved enough to finaly see in motion the rich paintings and illustrations Ralph Mc Quarry had envisionned for many locales,especially Coruscant,and why I don't mind changing the effects in the SW films as the years go by to get as close to that vision as possible.Look at Cloud City in"The Illustrated Guide to the Star Wars Universe".They added stuff in the S.E's,but i want to see even more of it as originally concieved.

K.M.

eek2 You mean there was a thread about my honeymoon and I missed it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :wow:

-Mark, who will not miss his real honeymoon night.

:(

:sigh:

Just imagine how much money it would have made if it was a really good film instead of average or mediocre.

Imagine if the characters had connected with people

Imagine if the story were compelling.

Joe wondering what John Lennon would say

Imagine there's no Star Wars

I wonder if you can.

Imagine there's no Jedi

no droids or Anakin.

Actually if you look at the face with the whip it looks like a female to me so..........

:)

Of course the guy does eventually get his turn.

:eek:

Bud Selig is to baseball

as George Lucas is to the New Star Wars Trilogy.

Ricard, is this cheeseburger business allowed? I don't recall any mention of corporate sponsorship of this site being permitted. Every time I open a thread I am bombarded with tiny billboards for McDonald's.

Figo, who thinks Hector is on the take again. :)

Does anyone else have the inexplicable urge for a Big Mac?

Both of you are right!

According to Box Office Mojo, the production budget was $115 million and the marketing costs $25 million (taking it to $140m).

Ricard, is this cheeseburger business allowed?  I don't recall any mention of corporate sponsorship of this site being permitted.  Every time I open a thread I am bombarded with tiny billboards for McDonald's.  

Figo, who thinks Hector is on the take again.  :mrgreen:  

Does anyone else have the inexplicable urge for a Big Mac?

That is not a Big Mac!!! :mad:

McDonald sucks!!!! :mad: :mad:

Is that the Duke of Doubt? Damn it, I wish you guys would lay off the McDonald's references!

Or was that Burger King?

Figo, with a long memory for '70s TV trivia.

You know I wonder if Lucas cares at all about fan opinions??

I mean this seriously?? Does it hurt him atg all if they don't like his stuff?? Does he feel ANY need to make up for what people feel are his mistakes??

He claims he doesn't care in interviews buyt DEEP DOWN I must wonder. :)

About the Budget:

Whatever it was, all money earned in theaters is income. The merchandising and licensing of the movie littlerally payed the movie even before it was done.

About if Lucas cares of ('non true' :angry: ) fan opinions:

Well i think yes, he cares. In the way that if people get a pain in the neck he will do something to annoy them. You know all the bitching about the music in TPM and he surely thought 'fuck you bastards and wait few years to get a good score on this movie' when doing AOC. Well i dunno if he cares but this seems that way... THANKS for bitching about TMP. ;)

And many people critisized STAR WARS when it was released, and now people say that A NEW HOPE :angry: is the best movie of the saga.

SO stop bitching* (and be a true fan) about it and maybe EPIII will have a untouched score.

* and making me opine in SW threads, making me break my 'i will not speak about SW here anymore' . Sometimes the tentation is so strong.... :fouetaa:

We'll have to wait for the IMAX B.O. reciepts.

K.M.Who thinks AOTC in Imax might actually work better.

I doubt that. I can't imagine this looking good at all. IMAX will show every flaw of digital film making. I've seen 35mm film blown up to IMAX, and it looks just okay. Taking Clones' less than film digital resolution and then blowing it up to IMAX dimensions is akin to playing a VHS tape on a 20 foot screen.

Plus I think the IMAX presentation will be panned and scanned.

Neil

Plus I think the IMAX presentation will be panned and scanned.

Neil

I doubt that. Lucas wouldn't allow it. It'll be matted into a Letterbox preserving the original aspect ratio.

SO stop bitching* (and be a true fan) about it and maybe EPIII will have a untouched score.

So not showing any sort of criticism makes you a "TRUE FAN"? Sounds more like a zealot who will bow his head at whatever "Sacred Cow" Lucas is serving up for his fans.

I doubt that. Lucas wouldn't allow it. It'll be matted into a Letterbox preserving the original aspect ratio.

I'm not sure then how that would work. I don't think there has ever been a widescreen IMAX film. And keep in mind, this is not simply a 35mm blow-up to IMAX, this is an all new IMAX version of the film. I'm pretty sure that it will be square to fill the IMAX screen. Every IMAX film whether native to the format (Fantasia 2000) or re-issued in the large gauge format (Beauty and the Beast) has been in the square proportions of the IMAX screen. Also I'm not sure if IMAX screens have adjustable scrims to re-format the screen for different ratios and I'm sure the projectors don't have multiple lenses to show different formats. All this leads me to think that Attack of the Clones in IMAX will fill the IMAX screen and therefore will be panned and scanned.

And what makes you think Lucas is such a slave to the original aspect ratio? The DVD of Clones is coming out in 2 different versions on the same date, and only one of them will be widescreen. Also, more than a year after its DVD debut, The Phantom Menace will also be available in a pan and scan edition that same day.

Neil

So not showing any sort of criticism makes you a "TRUE FAN"? Sounds more like a zealot who will bow his head at whatever "Sacred Cow" Lucas is serving up for his fans.

Your thing is not critizism, it bithcing, complain for the only pleasure of complain.

And yes, you should not be a sheep of whatever Lucas does.

I meant that a true fam likes all the movies, not olny the ol' ones.

The IMAX version may actually be superior to the original release version. The newest story to come out of this new release is that 23 minutes has to be cut from the film to fit on a 2 hour IMAX platter. That's what this story is saying.

Neil - who is all for a shorter version of this looooooooooong movie