The OFFICIAL Movie Trailers Thread

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't look as dark as Se7en, which will probably be in comparison when this film comes out.

The early reviews for it have cited it as being too funny.

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed the first one, was bored by the end of the second (though parts of it were still good fun). This one just looks rubbish, if the trailer's anything to go by. I did like the bit where he throws the bottle though. Apart from that, this looks :mrgreen:

Also out is the trailer for the fourth Die Hard film, which has the barf-inducing over-patriotic title of Live Free or Die Hard.

Watch it here.

- Marc, wondering why a Die Hard film is shot so gloomy-looking. Where's Jan de Bont when you need him?

I enjoyed the first one, was bored by the end of the second (though parts of it were still good fun). This one just looks rubbish, if the trailer's anything to go by. I did like the bit where he throws the bottle though. Apart from that, this looks  :mrgreen:

Yes, the first one was an enjoyable coherent story. The second one was just a random collection of parodies that led nowhere in the end. They should have quit while they were ahead.

It's original title was Letters of Iwo Jima. Red Sun, Black Sand was only a working title. Looks good to me, although that trailer had terrible music. I hope we don't get that horrendous, maudlin piano music in the score (like Clint's bad score to Million Dollar Baby), and I don't know what those brass were doing there in the end....sounded all wrong to me. Didn't suit the images at all (sounded like we were watching the trailer to a Jerry Bruckheimer movie).

Die Hard IV looks particularly terrible.

Trailer for Shrek the Third looks pretty bad, but the second film's didn't look like much either, and that movie turned out.

It's original title was Letters of Iwo Jima. Red Sun, Black Sand was only a working title.

Hm, well it's still a better title IMO.

Yeah, Transformers wasn't completely awful. Still, there's lots of ways the guy that brought us Armeggedon can screw it up. I don't realy like the look of the Transformers. They're too...busy. I would've preferred something more simple and streamlined.

If there's anyone who knows how to throw around cars and make it look cool it's Michael Bay. At least that's something.

Oh, and it has the Glenn Morshower. Yay.

Fat chance I'll be seeing this one, though.

Yeah, Transformers wasn't completely awful. Still, there's lots of ways the guy that brought us Armeggedon can screw it up. I don't realy like the look of the Transformers. They're too...busy. I would've preferred something more simple and streamlined.

Well Spielberg is involved so maybe there's hope.

But I agree, it looks like typical Bay mayhem on screen. That's one of my gripes about CGI and certain directors, it moves way to fast and sometimes it's hard to keep up with stuff on the screen.

Shrek III looks amusing, I love Banderas as Puss 'n Boots.

Even though JB isn't involved, Die Hard 4 looks like a Bruckhiemer crapfest. I imagine the score will be loud and obnoxious and lack Kamen's grace.

I'm not looking forward to much score-wise, not with Beltrami doing it. I wish Willis would bring Desplat around everywhere he went (I understand that it was Willis' insistance that brought Desplat onto Hostage).

There's also the third PotC movie.

Although this year didn't exactly have a very original summer. With these being the big movies:

Superman Returns

X-Men: The Last Stand

Mission: Impossible III

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Although there was also The DaVinci Code and V for Vendetta (which came out in March).

Who would have thought that POTC 2 would be the most entertaining film of the summer.

Far from it, actually. Check out The Descent, Miami Vice, Scoop, Little Miss Sunshine, and several others.

Ted

M:I III actually wasn't that bad. Like many movies, it suffers from a poor third act, but I found it solidly entertaining for most of its duration, and, yes, better than Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

Ted

I'd go with the Descent as my top pick of the summer. It's one of the best horror films I've seen in a very long time. It's truly, utterly scary.

Ted

With Rocky Balboa, 2007 looks to be the year of unnecessary (and unwanted) sequels.

That's a bit unfair. I saw Rocky Balboa, and it was a great piece of filmmaking by Sly. It's more along the lines of the first film, in terms of quality. I was genuinely shocked at how effective it was, and how much it was working from start to finish. And it's not just a retread. I had a great time with the movie and I'm glad he made it as it is a fitting and rather touching end to a series that deserved better than Rocky V as the last bout. I'm thrilled that Sly got the chance to make Rocky Balboa and finally get it out of his system with a bang.

Tim

• 1 month later...

Caught the trailer for Lasse Halstrom's The Hoax over at the Apple site. Looks good. I predict that Alfred Molina will totally steal this movie from under Gere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...