The OFFICIAL Movie Trailers Thread

Mr. Breathmask

Well as I understand it, the books leave a lot to the imagination, so there's a good amount of room for interpretation. I remember reading that for the first film, Adamson (the director) wanted to convey the epic battle he imagined when he read the book as a child, even though it's only briefly described in the book.

Yes, I've never read Narnia but I understand this to be true as well. Lewis was much, much less descriptive than his friend Tolkien. I have a book, the Middle Earth Atlas, that has just pages and pages on both regions and structures based solely on Tolkien's description in the books (and, incedently, are also identical to what's seen in the movies, showing how much they got the design right). You don't have that in Narnia, I know there's a map in the book of the whole land but that's about it.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as I understand it, the books leave a lot to the imagination, so there's a good amount of room for interpretation. I remember reading that for the first film, Adamson (the director) wanted to convey the epic battle he imagined when he read the book as a child, even though it's only briefly described in the book.

*cough* Or as he saw PJ's LOTR trilogy *cough* :D

But yes, the books do leave a lot to the imagination. I guess it's possible for Adamson to have imagined it like that, it just seems odd that it come out right after LOTR...

I liked the first one so I am looking forward to this. It doesn't hold a candle to the books, though.

Well, i was shocked to notice the film is lenghtier than the book. I mean, the wolf pursuit in beaversdam is inexistent on the book, or the watterfall scene. Yhe film shows more of the traveling. And the 'blitz' raid on the begining and the travel to the professor's house is explained in two lines.

I liked the first film. It's no LotR excellence, but then I don't think it was ever trying to be. It was trying to be an enjoyable film that would also be acceptible for a less adult audience. I think they succeeded. I'm looking forward to the next one. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

AICN just posted a link to the first Teaser for Shyamalan's The Happening. Looks quite terrible to me. But it's just the teaser. Although it could almost work as a teaser for a Scary Movie movie, feels pretty dumb to me.

AICN just posted a link to the first Teaser for Shyamalan's The Happening. Looks quite terrible to me. But it's just the teaser. Although it could almost work as a teaser for a Scary Movie movie, feels pretty dumb to me.

Well maybe it'll be the opposite of Lady in the Water, which I always thought had very good trailers.

I agree it isn't the best trailer, but I think it has some promise. I really hope Shyamalan can make it without his inflated ego, which is what led to LITW's failure.

Well maybe it'll be the opposite of Lady in the Water, which I always thought had very good trailers.

Indeed, let's hope so. It looks like it could be good, but I'm more interested in the score possibilites.

• 1 month later...

Looked like it might be half-decent -- until that awful running towards each other bit with the rediculous music.

Don't see too much wrong with the CG, though. Would you rather have this again?

Lou%20Ferrigno%20as%20Incredible%20Hulk.jpg

I hadnt looked in this thread and i skipped this until my brother told me.

Sorry, that new Hulk looks IMO worse than the 2003 one, and if not, if im ILM biased, at least it doesnt look better.

The design of the ang lee movie was real, he looked like bana. This does not resemble norton at all, looks alot more like the comic one...but i think the banner from the comics looked like that too. And the movement...

Yes the movie will be more awesome, but at the expense of good SFX? I rather have the other anytime.

Fools, they could have benefitted from the Davvy Jones technology.

It really looks awful. But I have zero expectations for this movie. The mindset of the filmmakers just feels totally wrong in my eyes.

Well all you guys complained so much when Lee's Hulk wasn't an all-out action movie which is what they're doing with this one.

I remain optimistic

• 2 weeks later...
Well all you guys complained so much when Lee's Hulk wasn't an all-out action movie which is what they're doing with this one.

I remain optimistic

Why do you generalise?

Some, myself included think that the Ang Lee movie is a good movie as it is.

I remain optimistic

Why do you generalise?

Some, myself included think that the Ang Lee movie is a good movie as it is.

Excuse me, most of you guys complained.

• 5 months later...

The movie isn't so great Trent. I mean some of the fight scenes are entertaining, but the story is weak and the main character is a terrible actor. If you're a fan of martial arts films though, I'm sure you'd like it.

I still don't understand why Jet Li is still making movies though. "This is my last martial arts epic! --- but I'll star in 3 more martial arts films after it!"

The movie isn't so great Trent. I mean some of the fight scenes are entertaining, but the story is weak and the main character is a terrible actor. If you're a fan of martial arts films though, I'm sure you'd like it.

I still don't understand why Jet Li is still making movies though. "This is my last martial arts epic! --- but I'll star in 3 more martial arts films after it!"

I'll reserve judgment for myself. There's a lot of movies that people don't like that I end up liking.

While I havent seen it myself, I think that it only has to get the Li vs Chan sequence right to be worth a watch. Heck, thats probably its sole reason for existing.

That is my response when people ask me why I like Ed Wood....

I thought Ed Wood was considered to be Burton's best film?

indy4 - who hasn't seen it yet, but really wants to

Haha, so, about that...

Well, it was an extraordinary film. I've rarely seen a film as consistantly mis-calibrated as that one.

That is my response when people ask me why I like Ed Wood....

It is generally well accepted that Ed Wood is Burton's most accomplished film.

Haha, so, about that...

Lady In The Water had sh!t trailers, good lord how misleading they were. At the least the TV spots were, with the retarded editing and fast-forward shots.

EDIT: Now that I remember the teaser, it wasn't that bad. I don't remember any actual trailers though.

• 2 weeks later...

The trailer just came out now? isn't it coming out in the US in a couple of weeks?

Highly recommended, y'all, if you like creative and mind-bending films. I want someone else to see it already, so that I can finally discuss it!