Where is Figo?

The Five Tones

He hasn't posted since before the downtime. I rather miss the irascible old fellow. I know a few of you have come into conflict with him, but many of us enjoy his presence! I rarely have been offended by his intelligent humour.

In the meantime, Ricard, me thinks I smell a Skundingle (a rather smeagol-like figure we encountered on the Bernard Herrmann Society MB).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't I recently read a post from Figo saying that his radio show is moving to a better time slot and quite possibly being syndicated... If that is the case, as having worked in radio, I know he's got a lot of work in front of him. We probably won't hear much from Figo for a while... But don't worry, I am more than willing to take up the "irascible old fellow" mantle until his return... NOW get off my lawn you crazy kids!!!!! :)

Big Ken;G.O.M.I.T

He hasn't posted since before the downtime.

What a shame

I rather miss the irascible old fellow.

Really, who couldn't?

I know a few of you have come into conflict with him, but many of us enjoy his presence! I rarely have been offended by his intelligent humour.

'Intelligent is not the word i would have used, Artoo.'

Yeah, human behavior: when someones makes fun of others, laugh for it (until you are the victim...) :biglaugh:

Mark, Figo will be back. I recently got an e-mail from him, and once he gets over the extra work and some personal issues expect more posts by Figo.

Neil - who found Marks comments more mean spirited than anything Figo has ever posted

You know KM, I have to agree with Neil. As much as Figo's comments piss off other people, myself included, I really think that was a little out of line.

He hasn't posted since before the downtime.

What a shame

I rather miss the irascible old fellow.

Really, who couldn't?

I know a few of you have come into conflict with him, but many of us enjoy his presence! I rarely have been offended by his intelligent humour.

'Intelligent is not the word i would have used, Artoo.'

Yeah, human behavior: when someones makes fun of others, laugh for it (until you are the victim...) :biglaugh:

Luke your only a victim if you allow yourself to be one.

Joe, who is ready to read some of his ole pals post.

As much as Figo's comments piss off other people, myself included.

Thanks,a good reason why*this time*,I won't edit my post.

k.m.Who has been insulted and demeaned by Figo on several occasions.

Agreed -- even if I have never felt myself to be his "victim." Perhaps, as he warned me to be careful about, the tone of his humour is a little too dry for some whose skins are thin. I am sure upon his return that he will find this thread... informative.

the five tones, in Figo's circle with no apologies.

Figo???

Hes dead.

George Lucas had him killed apparently for too much bashing.

I've been living in hiding in a safe house for the past week.

I think he knows where I am .....

SEND HELP!

I am sure upon his return that he will find this thread... informative.

I am sure that he will take no heed of anyone's opinion here, except those that are favorable toward him, and tell us all what he "thinks" is wrong with us.

Ray Barnsbury

I am sure that he will take no heed of anyone's opinion here, except those that are favorable toward him, and tell us all what he "thinks" is wrong with us.

And that's what I like about the guy. He doesn't pull any punches. And he does it so well, most seem to interpret it literally. My advice, loosen up and have some fun.

Neil - startled by the lack of senses of humor around here

I understand that we have differences of opinions about Figo, I don't have a problem with that. But regarding sense of humor . . . we all have a good time and make jokes and laugh a lot here, most of the time. I don't think a difference of opinion over a couple things once in a while should automatically make people who don't like it "lacking of sense of humor." I mean more often than not, we all have fun together, so why should a few occurences overshadow that?

Ray Barnsbury

I mean more often than not, we all have fun together, so why should a few occurences overshadow that?

If that's the case, then why is half of this thread devoted to trashing a poster not even here?

Neil

You know, now that I think about it, he has disagreed with me a time or two.

Who the hell does that bastard think he is.

Just because he KNOWS Star Wars is better without the roman numeral IV, doesn't give him the right to not agree with me. Oh the arrogance.

First he victimizes poor helpless Luke, but then he says disparaging words about the ruler of Kanadia. I personally hope he is confined to a small prison cell with someone named bubba who smells real bad, and has nokie on his mind. :wow:

Um...yeah.  Since I don't find Figo's denigrating antics humorous, I must not have a sense of humor...that's it....

well now at least you know, and as they say knowing is half the battle.

Figo???

Hes dead.

George Lucas had him killed apparently for too much bashing.  

I've been living in hiding in a safe house for the past week.  

I think he knows where I am  .....

SEND HELP!

:angry: LOL

And Figo, come back, I haven't finished several long running philosophical debates with you!

Bring back UniMaster, the voice of reason and equanimity
Yeah, I agree!

:) LOL

I'M NOT AFRAID (of Figo)

and I WILL NOT BE, WILL NOT BE.....

I don't mind Figo's words, but, who needs insults? i he doesnt meant them, why in the hell he says them? If he wants to be funny , he should tell us some jokes. ANyways noone insults him... Mmm maybe he has somekind of trauma and he frees himself with us... :angry:

Mmm maybe he has somekind of trauma and he frees himself with us... :angry:

You are correct Luke, there was a trauma, it was seeing Star Wars bastardized by Lucas into a shell of its former glory.

He just hasn't been right since, if he ever was.

Mmm maybe he has somekind of trauma and he frees himself with us... :angry:

You are correct Luke, there was a trauma, it was seeing Star Wars bastardized by Lucas into a shell of its former glory.

And you are?

Come on Joe, the first step is realising and accepting it LOL

J/K sorry :)

PS: the Term bastard means that the person (in this case thing) has not a know/official father. And George Lucas did the SE, didnt he?

Um...yeah.  Since I don't find Figo's denigrating antics humorous, I must not have a sense of humor...that's it....

well now at least you know, and as they say knowing is half the battle.

I ain't fighting any battle.

OK so Figo is more "intelligent" in the way that he offends people bypassing Ricard's Personal Insult board rule.He doesn't call people pieces of S**T like "Holiday" used to do,but it's just as worst.

In my POV,he's one of the worst pest of this MB to date,and would fit like a glove with the FSM bunch.

I do recall a thread where one almost quit the board because of him.

K.M.

My advice, loosen up and have some fun.

Neil - startled by the lack of senses of humor around here

That seems to be the main problem with Figo. He doesn't seem to realize that if someone needs to change his attitude, it's NOT those who apparently (or, better, according to him, and now you) are 'lacking of sense of humor'.

Ricard - Who thinks that the people in this board has plenty of sense of humor.

Exactly my point.

I agree with Ricard and Mark too.

Ray Barnsbury

Damn Joe! You just made me proud with this post!! LOL

• 1 month later...
Last time I checked, he was doing well in Real Madrid....

LOL

Welcome back, Thor. And please, post more often! :P

Ah the Soccer or Football player.

Is Figo ever coming back?
i'm sure figo would have something intellegent to say about our movie debate on what movie will gross more moola.
I am sure he would have quite alot to say.

So many emoticons to use, so little time . . . :P

Ray Barnsbury-suffering from overload

Is Figo ever coming back?
i'm sure figo would have something intellegent to say about our movie debate on what movie will gross more moola.
I am sure he would have quite alot to say.

So many emoticons to use, so little time . . . :)

Ray Barnsbury-suffering from overload

:angry:

I spoke to him recently. He was in the hospital, and he can't afford his medical bills, he has had to sell everything, including all of his John Williams cds. Actually the hospital seized all of his property, and left him destitute. He panhandles outside of movie theatres in the Cleveland area. Said he will be hitching down to Miami for the winter because its too cold in Ohio.

Joe, wondering where he has heard that story before.