16 members have voted

1. 1.

• Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    • Planet of the Apes
    • Mission: Impossible
    • Dick Tracy
    • Pee-wee's Big Adventure

So here it is, the new series.

Round 1 revealed the majority of JwFan thinks Williams shoulda scored Alexander, by a slim margin over Titanic.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so selective in the Elfman scores? What informs the decision to only include these particular Elfman scores/films? Of all of the films Elfman has scored, I would love to have seen what Williams would have done with Sleepy Hollow.

Ted

Remember, it has nothing to do with how you feel about the score as it was composed by Elfman; it's purely based on what you'd like to hear from Williams. With that said, however, nothing from this list jumps out to me.

Ray Barnsbury

Remember, it has nothing to do with how you feel about the score as it was composed by Elfman; it's purely based on what you'd like to hear from Williams.

Is correct.

Why so selective in the Elfman scores? What informs the decision to only include these particular Elfman scores/films? Ted

The same system I used for all the others. ;)

Charlie. I'm not particulary fond of Elfman's score, but it's not my reasoning at all. I would like Williams to do a score for Burton. Just out of curiosity.

Karol

None, those scores are fine the way they are. If I had to chose one, I'd go for Pee-wee, just because it's my least favourite of those scores.

Elfman's Planet of the Apes is excellent, one of his most interesting scores. It's everything the film isn't.

Goldsmith's version is brilliant and contrary to popular belief it makes a good listening experience outside of the film.

Goldsmith's version is brilliant and contrary to popular belief it makes a good listening experience outside of the film.

Agreed. It's a fantastic score, and an equally fantastic album.

I went dick tracy because I would not want Williams scoring a Burton film, and MI would still be boring with the reuse of the old theme. My choice would have been Spiderman had it been on the list though. I love Elfman's work on it, but I have been ever curious to hear what JW would have done with it.

Haven't we exhausted these topics yet? It's the same every time: We like the scores as they are now, would love to give JW a crack at it. I could say that about most of the scores in my collection.

Haven't we exhausted these topics yet? It's the same every time: We like the scores as they are now, would love to give JW a crack at it. I could say that about most of the scores in my collection.

Actually, I wouldn't have minded Jerry Goldsmith having a crack at most scores in my collection.

Actually, I wouldn't have minded Jerry Goldsmith having a crack at most scores in my collection.

Obviously, him too. I wouldn'tmind giving most of my favorite composers a crack at most of the scorres in my collection. That's my point.

Shoulda Coulda Round 2: JW rescores Danny Elfman

None of them. What wrong with Danny Elfman scores? Besides I kinda like his style anyway. Why would you when he is a top A class composer? Although I think it would interesting how John Williams do a Mission Impossible score. Mind you JW is very good incorporating other people music as an arrangement just like with "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter in Temple of Doom. John Williams incorporating Shifrin's theme for Mission Impossible could be very interesting to hear.