Williams NFL stuff

Frosty

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome find man, I know KM will be happy about this.

Yeah, nice.

And Vosk, would you mind at least replying to my PMs instead of just ignoring me? Whatever the answer is, at least give me one.

Freak me out,It's 30 minutes to my birthday

It's now KM's Birthday Theme.I couldn't ask for a better gift.

My stitched up edits weren't too far off either.

ooo it's actually 3 new themes!!! + the other one that was officially released

Maybe it's just been too long since any new Williams, as this is far from a great piece, but good God it got my blood pumping.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate a :| for the owner of the Great Williams Vault.

Hmm. The other themes sound better than the piece that was released before. Very interesting rhythmic/percussive work.

It's definitely real, KM. It's just recorded very dryly (and is that fake reverb at the end of the first theme? unfortunate).

If it's synth, then it's extremely great quality, but it doesn't seem likely. It sounds like a real band. All the instruments sound really clear and nicely separated. You can really, distinctively and discernibly, tell what's going on with each section.

Tim

If it's synth, then it's extremely great quality, but it doesn't seem likely. It sounds like a real band. All the instruments sound really clear and nicely separated. You can really, distinctively and discernibly, tell what's going on with each section.

Tim

I agree. Definitely sounds too real for it to be synth.

Wasn't there a video posted on this forum once that showed Williams recording these themes with an actual band? I seem to remember something like that.

Yes,Williams recorded them but these aren't the original Williams conducted performances.I can tell because I worked on the edits.

oops,the first theme is the one we already had...

Well,another piece we don't have to wait to be released on some c.d. compilation.The performance is pretty good.Bitrate on the lowside but beggars can't be choosers.

I wonder about that "legal agreement" I agreed on that site ...did I sell my soul to the devil?

Hmm. The other themes sound better than the piece that was released before. Very interesting rhythmic/percussive work.

It's definitely real, KM. It's just recorded very dryly (and is that fake reverb at the end of the first theme? unfortunate).

Yes I reckon they deliberately did that because of the legal Agreement they put up their on site to listen it so that people don't really get the real pefect CD high quality sound. Doing a remastering of that recording might do a trick using a good freeware sound editor maybe...

Don't you think with that agreement on that halleonard site in a way slightly pointless?

Because they're distributing it legally for free so that anyone can download a copy of it and to listen to it and which if someone like it and probably keep it as part of their music collection and it could be anonymous for those who disagree with that agreement.

I don't see the point of downloading a copy of it which you can't do anything with it other than just listening it where instead they could just embeded it within a browser or streamed it in the browser in to avoid something that they don't want users to do in that agreement.

Maybe it won't be available for long,and if you send it to someone the MP3 is rigged to alert them and you'll get sued by the RIAA who will put you in bankrupcy.Or maybe the MP3 will self destruct in 30 days.Or every time you play it there will be a pop up reminding you to pay 50$ if you want to listen to it.

k.M.rambling

As yes common knowedge that everyone knows downloading legal things is a crime and get sued from RIAA or whatever. But Isn't sending this MP3 to someone is just the same as downloading this MP3 from that site???? It is just differents ways of getting it. So why they're letting people download it? So they can recorded people IP address to track down their ISP and where are they from?

They do sound in a different key than the Williams conducted version...I suspect the real version of the third theme (my favourite) is even more different and there seem to be a flubbed transition in the middle of it..something doesn't sound quite right a few seconds around the 2.06 mark of the MP3

Great find!

By the way, could someone post the details on which versions of this piece are available? I have only this one, and the first MP3 that was posted here a while back. Are there others?

And they want $50.00 for 3 pieces??!?!?!??!?!

For the sake of some members on this board Williams needs to score a movie.

Wow, great find! The other two themes sound terrific as well, and I especially love the inspirational section of the third, from 1:57-2:16.

Oh, and happy birthday KM!

Ray Barnsbury

I don't get it. everyone's talking about these three full pieces. When I click on the little audio symbol, all I get is one 5 second clip. What are you guys doing that I'm not?

Great find!

By the way, could someone post the details on which versions of this piece are available? I have only this one, and the first MP3 that was posted here a while back. Are there others?

Anyone?

Ah, I got it working now. It seems like my quicktime is giving trouble. When I actually tried to download it as opposed to just listening it worked fine.

Nice find --- I remember when this first came out (the clip of the 1st theme), I didn't like it and called it amateur on here, to the resistance of many!

I still think the 1st one is very amateurish, cliche, redundant etc. and that it is a lousy Williams work. The 2nd one is *a little* better, but along the same lines.

The 3rd one, I'd never heard before and enjoy a great deal more ---- IMO, the 3rd one is the only piece that shows why we all love John Williams. JW didn't get famous and loved by writing pieces in the style of the first 2 clips. He got that fame from the style of the final clip ----- it's not too surprising that many people on here say they like the 3rd one best too.

I just wonder how many people on here would really like the 1st clip if they heard it and didn't know JW wrote it. I like to give praise where praise is due, and it bugs me when praise is showered on things that don't necessarily deserve it.

I prefer to encourage JW to write in the style of clip #3 as opposed to giving him the thumbs-up to clips #1 and 2

Well, the first clip my brother and I heard on tv - before knowing anything about it - and were like "wow, that piece is so awesome, it sounds almost like a Williams piece." And, low and behold, we later found out we were right.

Well, the first clip my brother and I heard on tv - before knowing anything about it - and were like "wow, that piece is so awesome, it sounds almost like a Williams piece." And, low and behold, we later found out we were right.

To each their own, I guess.......... :)

KM, congratulations! I've always wondered how old Darth Vader actually is . . . :huh:

This is really great. Now, I've got a couple of questions. Is this not the original recording conducted by JW? Who is this guy called Levender? Did he arrange the recording, or just the musical score from HalLeonard? Are these pieces complete . . . or is there large chunks of it missing? Otherwise, I'm listening to it on my iPod shuffle right now and it sounds great!

Congratulations with your owner's birthday, KC.

He's 48 now, right?

no he's not that old

I thought you'd never show your diabolical face here again.

This is really great. Now, I've got a couple of questions. Is this not the original recording conducted by JW? Who is this guy called Levender? Did he arrange the recording, or just the musical score from HalLeonard? Are these pieces complete . . . or is there large chunks of it missing? Otherwise, I'm listening to it on my iPod shuffle right now and it sounds great!

Read the thread

What he meant to say is that the pieces are complete to my knowledge but not the original performances.Levender is probably the band director at the Hal Leonard place this comes from

KM, congratulations! I've always wondered how old Darth Vader actually is . . . :baaa:

Paul Lavender is a professional arranger of concert band music for elementary school thru college level ensembles. He arranged this version of the themes, probably for marching band. This is NOT an original recording by Williams, it is a Hal Leonard studio band performing the arrangement in order to give buyers an idea of what the piece they are ordering will sound like.