Williams NFL stuff

Frosty

Yeah, Paul Lavender is a composer who constantly takes Williams work and makes band arrangements for High School and lower bands. Chris Curnow also does/did this. As for the recording, with the current state of technology, I would not be surprised if it was synthesized, but I think this is live, just close miced to the point of fakeness.

~JW

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder how many people on here would really like the 1st clip if they heard it and didn't know JW wrote it. I like to give praise where praise is due, and it bugs me when praise is showered on things that don't necessarily deserve it.

As it's written in an obviously Williams-esque style, I'm sure it would've been pretty safe to assume Williams wrote it even if you didn't know for sure. And I could say the same thing about people discrediting music that doesn't deserve any such thing, but I won't. :baaa:

Ray Barnsbury

is a Hal Leonard studio band performing the arrangement in order to give buyers an idea of what the piece they are ordering will sound like.

Hey I want to buy Celebration Fanfare then,but only if i know how it sounds like first

KM, congratulations! I've always wondered how old Darth Vader actually is . . . :baaa:

This is really great. Now, I've got a couple of questions. Is this not the original recording conducted by JW? Who is this guy called Levender? Did he arrange the recording, or just the musical score from HalLeonard? Are these pieces complete . . . or is there large chunks of it missing? Otherwise, I'm listening to it on my iPod shuffle right now and it sounds great!

Paul Lavender is a professional arranger of concert band music for elementary school thru college level ensembles. He arranged this version of the themes, probably for marching band. This is NOT an original recording by Williams, it is a Hal Leonard studio band performing the arrangement in order to give buyers an idea of what the piece they are ordering will sound like.

All right, thanks. That's what I wanted to know. I think it's a pretty good arrangement--sounds great, anyway--but, of course, not even close to Summon the Heroes, which is what the first piece reminds me of.

is a Hal Leonard studio band performing the arrangement in order to give buyers an idea of what the piece they are ordering will sound like.

Hey I want to buy Celebration Fanfare then,but only if i know how it sounds like first

Haha I don't know if I've ever seen a listing for that. If it is a signature edition then there isn't a recording aside from the REAL recording.

Hmm,how did we miss this?

I hear beeps in them every minute or so.

Just found Voldermort's Theme..cool

aaargh they all have beeps in them,F**k because some are really good

Just found an absolutely georgeous woodwind version of Monica's Theme from A.I.

This is going to be fun tonight.Not sure if there fake orchestra but they sound fantastic

There's a lot of cool stuff on that site. I love hearing the JW marching band arrangements, especially the Far and Away one. That's one of the pieces we played in high school for the show that got me into Williams in the first place. And speaking of Far and Away, there was this nice passage written by Williams about the score I found at another sheet music site. I hadn't read it before.

FA.jpg

He forgot the inspirational "Westward, Ho!" theme, though. Typical. :blink:

Ray Barnsbury

That has to be the second or third time I've heard Williams use "donnybrook".

Not a common word that you hear these days.

All right. I just finished piano transcriptions of all three NFL pieces. They're added to my site (the one in my signature).

Enjoy! :)