Transformers - Steve Jablonsky

ChuckM

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblebee's "death" was certainly laugh-worthy.

I think you need to rewatch the movie. :blink:

It was definitely Jazz who "died."

I mean when Bumblebee was captured by the government.

How is sentimental string music "laugh worthy"? Sure it's not the most serious movie out there, but c'mon... have you never seen a summer movie blockbuster before? That's a rookie reaction to a common occurance (serious music for not-so-serious movie).

How is sentimental string music "laugh worthy"? Sure it's not the most serious movie out there, but c'mon... have you never seen a summer movie blockbuster before? That's a rookie reaction to a common occurance (serious music for not-so-serious movie).

It wasn't sentimental, it was over-the-top schmaltz. And I don't care how many movies it has been in, that doesn't change the fact that it was ridiculous and horribly cliched.

If you enjoyed it and felt sincere emotional connection to it, that's great! I'm very happy for you and even envy you. :P But some of us have just grown...immune, I suppose, to such over-used devices.

What made me laugh the most was the incredible degree to which the music sounded like a stereotypical MV score. By this point, it almost sounded like a parody to me. Again, if you enjoyed it, I'm glad. :)

Whew, I was starting to get worried...every time I start thinking maybe this forum is starting to go soft (read as "respectful"), you guys renew my faith in your abilities to be jerks. Woo hoo! Life is back to normal.

:)

• 3 months later...

From Jablonsky's Assistant:

As for the soundtrack being out of print, we are looking into that now. It seems it was only a limited release.

As far as I know, there is no talk yet about a double score album.

:lol:

You know, I almost agree with your mutilation of my words :lol:

When there was all that hype about the 'Arrival to Earth' cue, I was like... what? The only, and I mean only piece of music I remember from the entire film was the 10 second choral part where one of them rises out of the pool.

The rest of it, well let's just say that while I almost like the main autobots theme, one cue I heard from the expanded boot (Hoover Dam I think) sounded exactly like Armageddon.

You all know I had doubts about this score but ever since listening to the 2-CD expanded set it really has grown on me... most of you just won't give it a chance.

Is there a decent amount of unused music on that set? In film, I found it to be kind of bland, and taking itself obnoxiously seriously without really going much of anywhere.

Well it's one of those scores that you either like it or you don't. I just happen to like it a long with a few other people on this forum. There's no point in continuing to argue about it and always pointing out that it's crap every time someone that hates it posts...