An underrated John Williams theme.

Almost all of the actual score send most people here to sleep, but if one takes the time to actually listen to Williams' theme for Always, one does have to admire it.

The best rendition is in the CD's best track, Dorinda's Solo Flight, the theme is both sad and uplifting, melancholy but not overly sentimental.

I wish it was attached to a more interesting score.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am totally unfamiliar with it, I've listened to Always almost twice, and it made no impact on me. I'll be sure to check this one out when I get home.

Close enough. I trust you'll be available for any coups I may be planning, like all the others who have seen the light and have come to embrace my teachings. Someday -and that day may never come- I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as gift on my daughter's wedding day.

I remember giving the theme a few tries on the Spielberg collaboration disc. Far too saccharine for my tastes. Or just plain boring.

The same goes for the film, which may be the problem as far as the music is concerned. Actually no, the music is just meh whichever way I look at it.

Imo the best rendition of the theme can be found in "Saying Goodbye" at ~ 2:00mins.

Not to forget to mention "Follow Me" one of Williams funny cues like "The Promenade" in Jaws.

One of Williams underrated work.

[...] though Rosewood seems to have far too few fans.

Right you are. Look Down, Lord (Reprise and Finale) is magnificent. :)

Speaking of JW's underrated work(s), how about Rosewood or Angela's Ashes? :blink:

In this board, every less known or discussed work is considered underrated.

Ironically, on the other hand, we can't stop bitching about Attack of the Clones.

I still listen to it, just seperate the music from the movie and you should have no problem.

There are several cues that are good.