Morlock

http://www.goldenglobes.org/news/id/81

Score category is your typical eclectic GG bunch:

MICHAEL BROOK, KAKI KING, EDDIE VEDDER — INTO THE WILD

CLINT EASTWOOD — GRACE IS GONE

ALBERTO IGLESIAS — THE KITE RUNNER

DARIO MARIANELLI — ATONEMENT

HOWARD SHORE — EASTERN PROMISES

Haven't heard the Eastwood or Iglasias. I've only heard one cue from Marienelli, but I suspect it will still be my favorite. I wouldn't mind if any of them one, even Eastwood would be a funny stunt.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Clint Eastwood has even been nominated more then ever proves what a farce The Golden Globes and Oscars have become. I avoid both now, like the plague.

Gustavo Santaolalla... Somebody I consider to be one of the worst mainstream film composers of all time has won Two Oscars. His last one over Javier Navarrete's wonderful score to Pan's Labyrinth. Enough said. ;)

He beat The Queen and The Good German. That's a crime.

The Queen is enjoyable, and The Good German is also well composed, I much prefer Pan's Labyrinth though. Probably because I love the film, maybe too much. ;)

Nice to see Sweeney Todd get so many nominations, though I must say I was left very underwhelmed from what I've heard of Depp's singing.

Well, in movie adaptations actors tend to drive their singing much less through lyricism and much more through drama. It was to be expected, and it could be interesting (although George Hearn will be difficult to forget). I'm never against half-spoken singing (see Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady, both stage and film) when the right actor's voice is not up to the job.

well at least there is not santaolalla in the nominees...

Nominating Eastwood is just as bad IMO. This nomination is clearly because of the whole 'thing' surrounding the replacement (WHY CLINT WHY????), and just what the hell was he thinking, giving the new guy he replaced the finger...

Nice to see Sweeney Todd get so many nominations, though I must say I was left very underwhelmed from what I've heard of Depp's singing.

Does that score sound like a usual Burton film (/a usual Elfman film)?

Does that score sound like a usual Burton film (/a usual Elfman film)?

Well its not really a score in the sense that I think you're going at. Its all Sondheim's music, just an adaptation of the stage musical.