Williams himself confirms he's scoring Potter 3?

IrishCal24

But that was fun and funny.

It had that typical kind of modern Spielberg humour that doesn't work. A T-Rex eating a dog....maybe it could be funny, but it isn't in this context, and in the way it is done, it's just lame. Or the "lawyer on the toilet" scene in JP, that makes me really angry every time I see it. In the book, the tension in that sequence is nearly unbelievable. The lawyer pisses in his pants because he's so afraid of the T-Rex, and it's written in a way that you don't laugh about it but really feel his terror. But they had to make such a cheap joke out of it for the movie.

Marian - who still likes the JP movie, but hates bits of it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean does't work for you cause it sure worked for me. I loved the dog being eaten, its so incorrect to show such things. I am sure that PETA had a field day over that. As for the lawyer being eaten, I loved that too. It was very visual, and I could care less that he was a lawyer, to me he was a coward who left the children for his own safety and forfeited his life instead. Pure justice.

I loved the ethnic humor at the end in San Diego, not San Franscisco, the Japanese running like in a Godzilla film was great, reminicent of 1941, when the Japanese sailers steal the radio from Slim Pickens and comment that they have got to find a way to make these things smaller. Neither joke was rude or insensative to anyone except the PCers.

And finally I thought Minority Report to be the funniest film I saw all summer, filled with inside jokes, grossout humor, and some slapstick.

It was very visual, and I could care less that he was a lawyer, to me he was a coward who left the children for his own safety and forfeited his life instead. Pure justice. [/quote

:sigh: Firstly, he is still a human being, secondly justice serves no useful purpose except as protection against future crime. Still, I don't mind the scene because as the saying goes, shit happens. :ola:

actually Morn he was some keystrokes on someones keyboard, but his digital bits deserved to die, and I enjoyed it.

It was very visual, and I could care less that he was a lawyer, to me he was a coward who left the children for his own safety and forfeited his life instead.

Which is basically what I'm complaining about. The book put you in the lawyer's mind, you were afraid of the dinos. You can't blame him for fleeing. The book portrayed fear as something very real. The movie just makes fun of it. There's nothing that puts me out of a movie more than a too comedy-like bit in a serious/tense scene. (Same with Merry & Pippin at the council).

And finally I thought Minority Report to be the funniest film I saw all summer, filled with inside jokes, grossout humor, and some slapstick.

MR's humour was a lot better. Some of it felt a bit out of place, but I liked the eyes bit. The difference is, that was a scene where I could laugh. But in JP, you're supposed to be afraid of the T-Rex before and after the toilet scene. Laughing totally ruins that for me.

Marian, I didn't see the scene as funny, I saw that whole sequence as terrifying. When the t-rex trys to eat the kids, and then eats the lawyer, I didn't laugh, I was enjoying the horror of the situation.

And I can blame him for fleeing. My goodness there were children.

Once again he deserved what he got.

REN

have you heard the news of an 8th Harry Potter novel.

some British medie said Rowling would write and 8th novel, based on WB securing the rights for several names(some which will never see the light as a title). Seems a retraction will be made, as they discovered their error.

I would welcome a post Hogwarts Harry Potter novel myself. Assuming Harry survives.

And I can blame him for fleeing.  My goodness there were children.  

He was too afraid to keep control over himself. And what could he have done anyway? He should have stayed in the car, not just because of the children, but also because it was the safest place. They had the best chances to survive in the car. He panicked and ran away. I would probably have done the same, and I bet 90% of all other people too.

When I saw the movie in the theatre, everybody laughed at that point. And it seems clear to me that this is what Spielberg intended. :sigh:

REN  

have you heard the news of an 8th Harry Potter novel.

some British medie said Rowling would write and 8th novel, based on WB securing the rights for several names(some which will never see the light as a title).  Seems a retraction will be made, as they discovered their error.

I would welcome a post Hogwarts Harry Potter novel myself.  Assuming Harry survives.

Hey Joe

I hadn't heard that. That really would be quite something if they did an epilogue/story of some sorts. And you put it correctly,

if Harry survives.

JK told us that that last word of the last novel is "scar".....hmmmmm

It would be neat to see harry play for the Chuddley Canons.

And I can blame him for fleeing. My goodness there were children.  

:) You seem like a very mean person.

Hardly Morn, I am one of the nicest people you could ever meet, but when it comes to children, your own concerns go out the door. Even you are a child to me, I put childrens safety above all other concerns.

And Morn he was a character in a movie. He got what he deserved, unlike Darth Vader. :)

Uncle Joe, who has 3 of the most beautiful nieces, Sarah, Hannah, and Monica.

JK told us that that last word of the last novel is "scar".....hmmmmm

Really? I didn't know that. Doesn't really say much though, except that it's likely at least his body (or his head) will still be recognizeable by the end of the story. :)

no way.

how weird!

that's so funny that i just said that and then it's in the paper the next day. That rumour has been going around since as long as i can remember.

i dont understand why people thought there was an eighth book to begin with. it's been a stated fact all along that there would be 7 books. that is not a shock.

Because JK said she wouldn't rule out doing a book about Harry's life after Hogwarts. thats why

the 7 books are for the years at Hogwarts.

But she did say in the BBC docu that the final chapter of the seventh book will wrap up what happens to the characters ("those that survive"), so it doesn't really sound like there was much room for a sequel.

Marian - hoping she'll so some more of those school books. :)

HONESTLY, let the bloody woman finish the fifth book why don't you!!!! It'll be a miracle if she gets the stated 7 books done with the way people are down her throat all the time..... I'm sure it's getting increasingly difficult for her to stay focused with all the media and fan attention she has now.

Not to mention another child on the way. But being a billionariss, can't feel to sorry for her. Her every whin, need or fancy, can be paid for easily now.

Here is a rumor and keep it as such, but talking to some people in the know at Barnes and Nobles, as they prepare for next year, and refering to JK Rowlings comment about a "Christmas Present", it may mean she is about to submit Order of the Phoenix around Christmas, and that they expect to see publication, around the time of the release of the COS dvd.

This is pure speculation on their parts, except they are "planning". But as we all know that they were "planning" for this past year, so until we actually hear the she has submitted the manuscript, we just don't know.

If JKR really said something about a "Christmas present", that something already though. She's always said that the book will be finished when it's finished, and that she'd rather not give an exact date but keep working until she's satified. So if she really gives a vague date, she probably means it.

Marian - who wants to have the BOOK as a Christmas present.