Williams himself confirms he's scoring Potter 3?

IrishCal24

According to a report on CountingDown.com, a snippet of an interview from Scottish magazine Move Music Now #11, he does. He also mentions Episode III, Indy IV, and expresses interest in JP4. I've never even heard of this magazine before, but then again, I don't live in Scotland.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin -Who thinks the more JW scores the better!! :)

Have you not learnt anything from this year?

Thanks for the link, IrishCal. I hope it is right, as I only believe press releases.

-ROSS, on a posting spree.

2003 ....

John Williams must score ....

The Matrix Reloaded and the Matrix Revolutions .....

IT WILL HAPPEN!! I WILL "WILL IT" TO BE SO!!!  :)

no Rogue, Williams is better off SCORING GOOD MOVIES!

Ted, :)

If this is indeed true then this is excellent news.

William you say you want John to do good movies, well Prisoner of Azkaban is probably considered by a majority of HP fans as the best book.

Can you imagine the Dementor's theme, just thinking about it gives me chills. This would be the closest the John has come to scoring a horror film in some time.

We knew that John was a lock for Ep. III, and Indy IV, but JP IV tells me that Steven wasn't happy with Don Davis' score for JPIII, I know I wasn't.

I dunno...based on '97, I'd've agreed with Justin. And since Justin thought Minority Report and Episode II rocked, it's not too hard to see where he's coming from.

You know, if JW doesn't score anything in 2003, we can expect a long drought on this forum...

Oh, yeah, I liked Don Davis's stuff for The Matrix, too, and I doubt Williams could or would want to weld a score together with all those songs at this stage in his career.

I've said this before, but I wish John Williams would score Pirates of the Caribean and the Alexander the Great biopic in 2003.

I do hope he does not score the matrix sequels (which I'm sure he won't).

And just to think in these sucessive scores : HP3, Episode III and Indy IV. All these movies have the potential for great scores. I couldn't be more excited about the projects he will do in this period.

We all know Williams likes to work constantly. But I think he could use a vacation in the Caribbean or something. He's almost stretching himself too thin. I'd rather get one great score from him in one year than two good ones. The past 18 months have given us five scores from JW -- that's 600 minutes of music. And if I remember correctly, JW says a good day produces a minute of music officially composed, which means he experienced a lot of . That means no time in between each film to mull over the film, play with ideas, have lots of leeway in the recording session time and enough time to rescore if needed.

The whole mess with the tracked music and bad edits in "Attack of the Clones" brought me to that conclusion. If Williams a) had the time to write music for the droid battle, I bet our gripes about the film would be diminished and B) he would be able to do the full "Harry Potter" score.

So here's to a well-deserved break in 2003. And I doubt JWfan.net will suffer because of it.

No, he will have to do at least 1 score in 2003, he's not getting any younger. :) That way, he'll still have several months off.

How sure can we be that this is genuine? I'd absolutely love to have a Azkaban score by Williams, but somehow this interview looks a bit suspicious to me...

Marian - careful.

:) Conan the Barbarian (Basil Poledouris)

How sure can we be that this is genuine? I'd absolutely love to have a Azkaban score by Williams, but somehow this interview looks a bit suspicious to me...

It's legit.

that's good to know. i myself wasn't sure either. but i'm now relieved. if it's anything like Chamber of Secrets, then there is a lot to look forward to. :sigh:

Ted

Lupin is exactly why I said this will come closest to a horror score.

How many werewolf themes has John written lately?

Don't forget guys...and lady: Johnny is composing a new fanfare for the Walt Disney Concert Hall in L.A. and he'll be composing his horn concerto for the Chicago Symphony. That alone could take him up to 4 months to get it perfect.

And he might show up in a few concerts throughout the country...you never know.

Poor guy. He needs a break. 2004-2006 are going to keep him very busy. :sigh:

Take care,

Director

Joe you are right about the dementor theme.....

what about sirius. . .hmmmmmmm or even buckbeak.

Lupin is exactly why I said this will come closest to a horror score.

How many werewolf themes has John written lately?

Jeff -- putting his fingers in his ears and singing "La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la" because .. ah, hell, you all know why by now :)

no Rogue, Williams is better off SCORING GOOD MOVIES!

OK YOU ARE NOT GONNA TELL ME THE MATRIX WAS NOT A GOOD MOVIE ARE YOU??? :angry:

All that praise was for something ya know?? :mrgreen:

Don Davis's score for the first was great, I would prefer him.  :mrgreen:

Hey Davis replaced Williams on JP3 and did a lackluster job. It is only fair than John should get to replace him. :angry:

I'm not being silly I am serious. If Davis replaced John why can't iot be the other way around??

John would write the great themes The Matrix films should have. The one's Davis failed to create with the first film.

OH man we are totally divided on that one. I largely disliked Davis' score for the most part.

BTW HOW DARE YOU SAY WILLIAMS CAN DO NO BETTER!! THAT IS BLASPHEMY!!!

MAY A POX BY ON THEE!! :mrgreen::angry:;)

BTW I gotta call tpigeon on this one. What exactly didn't you like about The Matirix sir? :mrgreen:

Seems like 95% of people love these movies but there is a tiny fraction that think they suck. What gives>

I don't like the Matrix. First, is not original at all. Second it spends too much time trying to be cool and the fact that everyone wears sunglasses and leather is just ridiculous.

Davis's The matrix was so good that I doubt Williams would do better.  :angry:

I agree. The score works so well partly because of its style, and Williams would have used a totally different style. I think the JP3 score has good parts, although it doesn't come close to the Williams scores. I think a Williams Matrix would have a similar relation to the Davis score.

Marian - who likes the film a lot and is looking forward to the sequels.

:mrgreen: Henry V (Patrick Doyle)

No, he will have to do at least 1 score in 2003, he's not getting any younger.  :angry:

That thought is actually scary.He won't be there forever or might retire in a few years.

K.M.

For example, Dark City. In it's essence, the Matrix plot was pretty much the same. So we're being manipulated by some unseen force and we don't even realise it. is thta original? I hardly think so. It was done a million times in books and movies.

Matrix is overrated. but I still liked it.

The wrap around camera work isn't original. It was used in the NFL before the Matrix came out. Nows its the most annoying type of shot used in film to day. The effects that won the Oscar were not nearly as innovative as those used in the Phantom Menace which lost due to the backlash against Star Wars and the fact the TPM wasn't a really good film.

I am looking forward to the next films in the series but the choice to premiere on film next summer and one next winter means they lose some of the boxoffice potential do to overkill.

Interest in doing JP4??

For God's sake man! DO GOOD MOVIES!!!!

Franly I have problems imagining yet ANOTHER movie with dinosaurs.We've seen all the dino action we had to see,up to the point of nausea in JP3

K.M.Who thinks JP3 was made only to show off the Pteranodons,which probably could't be made before.

Yo don't like Dinosaur's? ROTFLMAO

I do,but JP3 seemed to find a lack of use or overuse for them,however you see it,and that series of films is getting tired fast.JP was "alright" because of the novelty,but far inferior to the book,Lost World somewhat a mess,and JP 3 a disaster.

K.M.