I'm coming out of the "closet".

Ollie

These past 15 years as a film score fan have been very difficult for me but thanks to one special member here I can now make this statement.

I love Hans Zimmer's music, RC is the indeed the high mark of film scoring.

You know who you are and your advice/ friendship and late night phone calls have been so helpful. Although we had to stop for awhile because my wife thought I was having an affair.

I have loved Zimmer's music ever since the time I went and saw Crimson Tide but the pressure of hating him from the film score community and my friends here made the weight unbearable. But you saw thru my charade of hate for him and you reached out to me and made see that I wasn't alone.

When we went to Houston this past spring with John and Saxbabe I was in so much pain after the concert because the finale was POTC. Saxbabe kept trashing the music and all I could do was nod and smile in agreement because I couldn't let them know the truth.

This past Christmas my wife told me she was going to buy the POTC CD set for me but remembered our comments in Houston. I had to hold back the tears as I told her I hated Zimmer's music.

I've managed to hide Zimmer's music in iTunes.

With all of the re-issues I can substitute CD & track titles for his. Like my Varese Jaws re-recording is actually Crimson Tide but I have it listed as JAWZ. Get it? The Z is for Zimmer.

I told my wife I bought the new 8 disc Star Wars (I did buy it but took it back and she hasn't noticed) set but that's really a disguise for POTC. I have it listed as Star Warz. I just load POTC into iTunes and use the titles and track lists from the SW box set for the Zimmer scores.

With Stargate, Basic Instinct and other recent expanded versions serving as cover for my Zimmer scores I can enjoy his music without anyone noticing. I just can't play it out loud and around other people.

But to the member here who has helped me I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I know your love for Zimmer runs much deeper and I'm hoping you will come forward and tell your story.........

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it wasn't me.

With all of the re-issues I can substitute CD & track titles for his. Like my Varese Jaws re-recording is actually Crimson Tide but I have it listed as JAWZ. Get it? The Z is for Zimmer.

:(

damn Mark thats just ******* wrong man, what the hell is this.

This whole board is going nuts, it used to be a John Williams website. A website about John Williams with a secondary acceptability about film scores in general, but now its a website about Michael Giacchino, and it might as well be a website about Hanz Zimmer.

oh yeah as a gay man one rule of thumb each of us know is we don't out anyone, and you've just about crossed a line Mark, you need to watch that, it just might come back and bite you on the you know what, not everyone is ready to bust out of your closet with you.

geez Im going over to the John Cavacas website (JCFAN.net), they may be fewer in numbers but they are a hell of alot more sane.

I feel betrayed. I placed my faith in another member and it's been squashed.

I can't believe it. I was making progress...I could watch Driving Miss Daisy without tearing up or having to leave the room everytime Zimmer's wonderful music came on.

Now my happiness has turned to sorrow, I am alone it seems.

Oh the things I could tell everyone about certain members but I will not stoop to that level. I know someone else who's obsession for Zimmer runs even deeper than music yet this person refuses to be an adult about it and come forward.

I've decided to come out of the closet too, but it has nothing to do with Zimmer. Anybody know a good gay bar in the Boston area?

I've decided to come out of the closet too, but it has nothing to do with Zimmer. Anybody know a good gay bar in the Boston area?

http://search.cityguide.aol.com/boston/bar...ues/v-113465342

http://search.cityguide.aol.com/boston/res...afe/v-106529524

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ci=108...les&id=4974

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ci=108...les&id=5075

Especially the last one is highly reccomended. Ask for the Dark Cream Special.

The original post had class. This is just lifeless. Damn censorship!

I feel betrayed. I placed my faith in another member and it's been squashed.

I can't believe it. I was making progress...I could watch Driving Miss Daisy without tearing up or having to leave the room everytime Zimmer's wonderful music came on.

Now my happiness has turned to sorrow, I am alone it seems.

Oh the things I could tell everyone about certain members but I will not stoop to that level. I know someone else who's obsession for Zimmer runs even deeper than music yet this person refuses to be an adult about it and come forward.

now you're just being whiny like a damn drama queen. One thing is for sure its obvious you've been emasculated, and I'm sure your wife isn't happy about it. As many times as you and I have agreed on things and then for you to pull this crap, you disgust me, you're a turn coat, and YOU HAVE NO TASTE.

Joe, back to listening to Airport 75, and Airport 77.

I'm sorry Joe won't admit the truth and has to pretend.

Miguel I knew if there were any other members that would understand how I felt it would be you.

Mein Gott!!!!

I am touched that you vould go publik vis your admittance that you like my muzik Mark. John Villiams is a brilliant composer und to be mentioned with him iz an honor.

I haf alvays looked forward to your emails und I have tried to help you vis your problem in being accepted as a Zimmer fan.

Mein Gott!!!!

I am touched that you vould go publik vis your admittance that you like my muzik Mark. John Villiams is a brilliant composer und to be mentioned with him iz an honor.

I haf alvays looked forward to your emails und I have tried to help you vis your problem in being accepted as a Zimmer fan.

Groß, einen anderen Sohn von unserem herrlichen Vaterland auf diesem Forum zu treffen. Ich bin ein großer Anhänger von Ihrer Arbeit mit The Buggles. besonders Video Killed Der Radiostar ist der hight von 1980er Jahren aufplatzt für mich Getötet. Außer Kraftwerk.

Dammit! And here I thought you would say you're gay...

So we could finally get together....

Like you promised....

The other night....

:lol:

Mein Gott!!!!

Groß, einen anderen Sohn von unserem herrlichen Vaterland auf diesem Forum zu treffen. Ich bin ein großer Anhänger von Ihrer Arbeit mit The Buggles. besonders Video Killed Der Radiostar ist der hight von 1980er Jahren aufplatzt für mich Getötet. Außer Kraftwerk.

According to Babel Fish, this means: "Largely to meet another son of our wonderful native country on this forum. I am a large trailer of your work with The Buggles. particularly video Killed the radio star am hight from 1980er years burst for me killed. Except power station."

It all makes sense now.

Like you promised....

The other night....

Never believe the words coming out of the mouth of a man who's about to cum in yours!

Trust me, i know.....

Mein Gott!!!!

According to Babel Fish, this means: "Largely to meet another son of our wonderful native country on this forum. I am a large trailer of your work with The Buggles. particularly video Killed the radio star am hight from 1980er years burst for me killed. Except power station."

It all makes sense now.

Kraftwerk is a Electro-pop band, Jonathan.

I'm sorry Joe won't admit the truth and has to pretend.

Miguel I knew if there were any other members that would understand how I felt it would be you.

I have no idea what you are talking about?

I'm not surprised by Miguel, I mean really he screams Zimmer lover, my goodness he's European...

Sure everyone likes the Lion King, and how can you not help but like Crimson Tide, but to say I'm a Zimmer fan well Mark you've crossed a line, seriously, and just because I like POTC Curse of the Black Pearl doesn't make me a HZ lover, I just like one Klaus B. score that is.

Everyone knows that HZ is nothing more than a fail Nazi genetic experiment in an attempt to infiltrate Hollywood with facist ideas.

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS.

Everyone knows that HZ is nothing more than a fail Nazi genetic experiment in an attempt to infiltrate Hollywood with facist ideas.

Welcher ist schlecht?

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS.

Was?

Great! Another son of our wonderful fatherland on these forums to meet! I am a big fan of of your work with the Buggles, Video Killed The Radiostar, especially, is the ----hight????---- of the 1980s burst when it ended for me, besides Kraftwerk.

Joe you're breaking my heart. Quit lying, please!!!!!

Like you promised....

The other night....

Yeah, yikes, about that phone conversation........

I was kinda drunk and you took advantage of me.

Mein Gott!!!!

Danke überFranz, danke.