Which upcoming film will make the most money?

diskobolus

Which upcoming film will make the most money?  

34 members have voted

1. 1.

• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    • The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    • The Matrix Reloaded

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you insult me again, I will sic Stefan on your ass, and you don't want that. :)

I have no interest in his ass at all.

I think that using Ocelot's avatar for a few days may have given people here the wrong impression.

Joe, any idea how heavy you are in kilo's?

Stefancos- who weighs around 60 Kilo's and is the same height as JoeinAr.

(Napoleons Ghoest)

IMHO, TTT.

Because, FOTR opened on a very small amount of theatres, compared to HP, Spidey, and AOTC. It has grossed approximately equal to HP and AOTC in the U.S. (and the rest of the world, if you don't count Japan) and TTT is opening on almost double the original screens. Talk about blockbuster opening weekend. Also, HP has greater competition this time around, with Treasure Planet, Bond, and Star Trek: Nemesis. TTT only has Star Trek Nemesis and Catch me if you can. It will rule January, and likely the start of February. TTT: US gross: 350 Million. COS: US gross:280 Million

BTW, I agree. More people could identify Harry Potter than Frodo Baggins, and far more people could identify Gandalf than, um, Richard Harris's (God Rest his soul) character.

The Ghoest-

Joe, any idea how heavy you are in kilo's?

I'm too lazy to go to the previous page to check his weight, but I can give you this:

1 grain (gr) = 0.0648 g

1 dram (dr.av.) = 27.34 gr = 1.77 g

1 ounce (oz av.) = 16 drams = 28.35 g

1 pound (lb. av.) = 16 ounces = 0.453 g

1 stone (st.) = 14 pounds = 6.35 kg

1 quarter (qr) = 28 pounds (Br.) / 25 pounds (Am.) = 12.7 kg (Br.) / 11.35 kg (Am.)

1 hundredweight (cwt) = 112 pounds (Br.) / 100 pounds (Am.) = 50.8 kg (Br.; a. long hundredweight: cwt.l.) / 45.36 kg (Am.; a. short hundredweight: cwt.sh.)

1 ton (t,tn) = 2240 pounds (Br.) / 2000 pounds (Am.) = 1016 kg (Br.; a. long ton: tn.l.) / 907.18 kg (Am.; a. short ton: tn.sh.)

So you get the approximate weight in kg if you divide the weight in lbs by two.

Marian - who thinks this system is totally insane. :biglaugh:

:) Predator II (Alan Silvestri)

I don't know.

I think alot of people are going to go out to see COS now that Harris is gone.

Who knows, maybe this will push HP over the top of TTT.

You guys are so immature.  Why must everyone agree with you for you to consider them to be smart?  Joe has stated his opinions and backed them up more intellegently than any of you.  Yet you still bash his opinions and call him ignorant.

Opinions are opinions and likes are likes.  You have yours, he has his.  Do NOT consider anyone more superior because they like a specific frickin' film.  Geez,

Grow up.

Ah, Ren. The teacher within you has spoken.

And very well, I might add.

-ROSS

TTT will have serious competion by Catch me if you can and Gangs of New York. As mushc as I love Tolkien, if I had to choose between those 3 films (which I guess I won't need to, since CIYC will only open in Portugla much later), I would go for CIYC, because a Spielberg movie is an almost absolute guarantee of a great movie.

Stefan, I guesstimate my weight in kilo's at about 117.5.

Joe, who has to think about metric conversions. I can do weights, but not distances.

Lenghts and distances are even weirder...

1 inch (in.) = 2.54 cm

1 foot (ft) = 12 inches = 30.48 cm

1 yard (yd) = 3 feet = 91.44 cm

1 link (li., l.) = 7.92 inches = 20.12 cm

1 rod (rd), pole/pearch (p.) = 25 links = 5.03 m

1 chain (ch.) = 4 rods = 20.12 m

1 furlong (fur.) = 10 chains = 201.17 m

1 (statute) mile (ml, Am. mi.) = 8 furlongs = 1609.34 m

1 fathom (fm) = 6 feet = 1.83 m

1 cable('s) length = 100 fahtoms = 183 m

nautical/military Br. = 608 feet = 185.3 m

nautical/military Am. = 720 feet = 219.5 m

1 nautical mile (n.m.)

international = 6076.1 feet = 1.852 km

nautical Br. = 10 cable('s) lengths = 1.853 km

Children must have a really hard time learning this at school. :biglaugh:

Marian - whose dictionary sucks, apart from these conversion tables.

Only American children. I don't think any other place bothers to teach that, or at least this place doesn't. :mrgreen:

Joe, who has to think about metric conversions.  I can do weights, but not distances.

Joe, you should think about losing some weight, at 42 you are at quite high risk of having a heart attack. And think of the other advantage, you won't get charged for 2 seats every time you go to the cinema. :mrgreen:

You guys are so immature.  Why must everyone agree with you for you to consider them to be smart?  Joe has stated his opinions and backed them up more intellegently than any of you.  Yet you still bash his opinions and call him ignorant.

Opinions are opinions and likes are likes.  You have yours, he has his.  Do NOT consider anyone more superior because they like a specific frickin' film.  Geez,

Grow up.

Ah, Ren. The teacher within you has spoken.

And very well, I might add.

-ROSS

Ah yes Ross and Ted, sometimes I shudder to think that I shape young minds everyday. If they saw me out of the classroom I'd hate to think of the bad habits they'd pick up!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Joe, who has to think about metric conversions.  I can do weights, but not distances.

Joe, you should think about losing some weight, at 42 you are at quite high risk of having a heart attack. And think of the other advantage, you won't get charged for 2 seats every time you go to the cinema. :sigh:

did you think that maybe Joe is really tall? maybe he can't go to the cinemas because his legs won't fit...

a thought? :mrgreen: :wow:

I shudder to think that I shape young minds everyday.  If they saw me out of the classroom I'd hate to think of the bad habits they'd pick up!!!!!!  :mrgreen:

I insist. You're quite the Gumbie Cat! Only backwards.

-ROSS http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/11...cs/lgumbie.html :sigh:

Joe, you should think about losing some weight, at 42 you are at quite high risk of having a heart attack. And think of the other advantage, you won't get charged for 2 seats every time you go to the cinema. :mrgreen:

LOL thanks for the advice, but I haven't ever had to pay for two seats at the theatre except when I bring someone along.

I am not that big. I don't take up two seats on a plane either.

My weight is my only real vice, I have a low cholesteral level, and my risk of heart problems is small according to my doctor. I have always had a weight problem which I have had varying degree's of success against. At my prescirbe weight of 165lbs I would look like a concentration camp victim(I have been down to 175 and looked very sick), my doctor says I should weigh in around 210 to 215 because as he put it my shoulders are huge, they cannot be x-rayed at the same time.

Joe who is planning on paying for 2 seats at the cinema on Nov. 15th.