HP COS : What do you think about the prologue ?

David Vincent

It is a wonderful medley made with the themes from the first movie soundtrack.

And I really think that it could perfectly score a summary scene of the Sorcerer Stone at the beginning of the Chamber of Secrets.

What do you think about this ?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also demonstrates that each movie is probably going to begin and end in the same way... starts at night, probably at privet drive, with something mysterious going on... and ends at hogwarts, in some kind of farewell...

well, here's a little reason why.

I love the familiarity of the prologue mixed with the new versions. They did a nice job putting it all together.

It brings a sense of familiarity and shows what might be foreboding.

It's Ok,the music themes are too short played IMO.This suite would have benifited beeing longer.Some transitions are a bit awquard to my ears.Harry's theme is weel played though.

K.M.

I think it's a weaker version of Potter 1 material.  :music:

You're right. I find the same themes played a lot more richer in HP I . The orchestrations in HP I are more complex, which make them more satisfying to listen to.

I wonder if this version is some kind of simple William Ross arrangement. The themes, John Williams originally wrote, were a lot more interesting.

I think it's a weaker version of Potter 1 material.  :)

I wonder if this version is some kind of simple William Ross arrangement. The themes, John Williams originally wrote, were a lot more interesting.

I wonder that too about track 1...there is also the odd inclusion of a bit of trivial music from PS track 3 which I find annoying and out of place.

K.M.

It also demonstrates that each movie is probably going to begin and end in the same way... starts at night, probably at privet drive, with something mysterious going on... and ends at hogwarts, in some kind of farewell...

Considering that each book basically begins and ends the same I would say you got it right.

I doubt any of the "prologue" will be in the movie itself.And that odd "Privet Drive" motif is used again in a middle cue somewhere in the score,so I doubt they will play it at the beginning,unless that cue which I don't remember the name is out of place.

K.M.