Which is your favorite new theme in KotCS?

Josh500

Which is your favorite new theme in KotCS?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. KotCS

• Crystal Skull Theme
    • Mutt's Theme
    • Irina's Theme (incl. Dovchenko's Theme)

So out of these 3 new themes (I will treat Adventures of Mutt as a new theme here), which is your favorite?

I say IRINA'S THEME.

This one's amazing. It can sound romantic, evil, bittersweet, nostalgic, menacing, patriotic, and Russian. One of the most versatile JW themes ever, probably.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on that one. i can't get it out of my head, I keep humming it!! it's certainly the most versatile in the score.

I get the Skull theme in my head too, but that's mainly because it's repeated so much on the album, not because it's catchy.

Irina's Theme. The actual track "Irina's Theme" is pretty good, but the thing that makes it so great is the many variations we get (especially in "Jungle Chase").

Out of all the new themes I think the Russian one is my favorite. Classic Indy villan music.

I'm also being swayed by the arguments that Mutt's music isn't really a theme per se, but could easily be developed into one for future installments (there's a can of worms).

How could you not include Dovchenko's Theme?

I will consider that part of Irina's Theme.

If you think Dovchenko's Theme is the best, just vote for Irina's Theme. ;)

Given the choices, Irina's Theme is easily my favorite, though I'd consider the equally great Russian/Dovchenko theme to be separate.

I voted for Mutt's "theme". It's such a fun and frantic track. I love every second (although Irina's is a great theme as well). Crystal Skull is very appropriate but after listening to the album you kind of get your fill.

I like all three (though Mutt's music took me a little getting used to), but for now I thik the Crystal Skull theme is my favorite. It seems to get the movie's supposed agenda -- to be a '50s sci-fi movie like the other Indy films are '30s/'40s serials -- a bit more right than the others.