• Raiders - Flight from Peru
    • Temple Of Doom - Finale
    • Last Crusade - The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword
    • Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - Finale

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Flight from Peru." I don't understand the reasoning behind the selections, though.

It's the FattyMcButterpants that's all that I could think of at the moment selection

None of the above.

I love the little staments of the thematic material.

My favorites are when young Indy receives the hat in Last Crusade and the first one in Kigdoom of the Crystal Skull, as he is taken out of the car trunk.

My favorite of those listed is "Flight From Peru," but my favorite overall is probably during Last Crusade when young Indy escapes the train through the magic box.

Although I also really like the very end of "The Portuguese Coast" as the theme is passed through different sections of the orchestra and lands us safely back at Indy's college.

as far as Indy finale's go, there is absolutely no question that Temple of Doom beats them all, now a short snippet of the Indy theme might be better, but as a body TOD finale is the best.

It's the FattyMcButterpants that's all that I could think of at the moment selection

No, it's the FattyMcButterpants Raiders March in the most important appearances selection.

You don't expect me to list every snippet, do you?

I stand by my seconding of KM's choice whether it's a poll option or not. Something like this should not be pigeonholed. Silly polls. Silly poll makers. ;)

No, it's the FattyMcButterpants Raiders March in the most important appearances selection.

You don't expect me to list every snippet, do you?

I expect you to list "The German Sub" and "Fast Streets of Shanghai," not "The Pen Is Mightier Than the Sword." Ridiculous!

I don't know if this is a knock against my fandom or the strength of the statement in question, but I don't even remember which statement of the Raiders March was in "The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword." :sleepy:

As much as I love that transition in TOD, for an entire statement of the theme, I've gotta say that "Flight From Peru" is my favorite of these selections.

The end of "The Streets of Shanghai."

indy4 - who voted "Flight from Peru"

I second this post.

I don't know if this is a knock against my fandom or the strength of the statement in question, but I don't even remember which statement of the Raiders March was in "The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword." :P

I can't place it either

• 2 weeks later...

I love all three instances of it in Dunn and Duffy Circus Train from TLC:

1) Indy's escape from the train.

2) Appearance of the real "Indiana" (the dog).

3) Indy's "knighting" with the fedora and segue to the adult Indy.

Each are so unique and to have them all in one cue is heaven.

Indy on the sub and the young Indy getting his first proper hat.

The former is the best arrangement and performance of the theme ever recorded and that includes the main theme's famous concert arrangement. The music on the submarine is as rousing as and effectively the same as the Superman March heard during the rescue of Lois from the falling helicopter. Both arrangements of the two themes serve the same purpose respectively.

Goosebumps all round.