I love Chamber of Secrets, however...

NickMahon

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, AGE has Ludlow's second resurrection, while Jango's Escape doesn't. ;) Yet another use of that theme would bother me, but otherwise this sounds promising.

Marian - who hasn't heard a single not of CoS yet. :)

:) Predator II (Alan Silvestri)

Didn't it sound like the music from the key chase from the first film?

It has elements from the key scene yes, and that bothers me. That cue has now become library music. At first it represented Harry flying after the keys, now it's become more generic and seems to describe anything that flies. That is not a good thing.

It's similar, though not as horribly done as Attack of the Clones, which was literally just tracked in music recorded for the previous film. InAOTC music used during the big fight on Geonosis was actually music from The Phantom Menace used in the "planet core sequence" (among many, many, many other music cues from TPM). So what is it, music for a fight scene or music to underscore a scene with a big fish?

Neil

Anyway Anderton's Great Escape is the best rendition of Ludlows Demise i have heard so far. And after hearing it several times (one of my fav tracks from MR) i can assure you that it isn't THAT similar to Ludlow's. Thanks mostly because the MR themes are included and mixxed with it.

Ludlows Demise

Can anybody tell were exactly you can hear that in Cos?

it's in the track before Reunion of Friends, whatever that is called. it makes a brief appearance, same with Minority Report. i have no problem with it whatsoever. and i agree with Luke about Minoriy Report haveing the best rendition of it.

Ted, who thinks the first minute and a half of Anderton's Great Escape is absolutely amazing!

on the Minority Report cd, Anderton's Great Escape, from about 0:07 - 0:13 is when it really comes out. and in The Chamber of Secrets, on the listening party, from 58:00 - 58:12 (roughly) is whne you can hear it most.

in case you don't know, it's all in the strings. it's heard loosely elsewhere in these cues. but these are the most prominent points in which you hear it.

Ted

How on earth was I supposed to know Ludlow??????? I don't have all the secondary character names memorized. I do know some like Ron and Hermione, and Snape and Mcgonnagal and Hagrid and .. well, you get it...

But the track on Lost World is called "Ludlow's Demise".

Marian - who thinks this is one of the essential track titles every true JW fan must have memorized. :biglaugh:

:banghead: Goldsmith conducts Goldsmith

Marian - who thinks this is one of the essential track titles every true JW fan must have memorized.  :biglaugh:

I memorised the track title alright,but have to dust off my Lost World c.d. to listen to whatever that theme is and the big deal about it...

K.M.Who considers The Lost world c.d. pretty much finished after track 4.

:music: Goldsmith conducts Goldsmith

Yeah ,it's the same album as the 1989 Suites and Themes c.d. that went for a fortune on e-bay.I have a cdr.The Blue Max suite is tremendous and Caroll Ann's theme from Poltergeist has a major re-tooling that is both good and a bit cheezy at the same time.

K.M.

Yeah ,it's the same album as the 1989 Suites and Themes c.d. that went for a fortune on e-bay.I have a cdr.

I've had a CDR of the old one for quite some time. Now I have one of the newer album as well. :music:

It also has a few bits from the Legend OST now though, plus great remastered HDCD sound.

The Blue Max suite is tremendous

But it doesn't hold a candle to last year's London performance. :)

:music: Goldsmith conducts Goldsmith

Yeah ,it's the same album as the 1989 Suites and Themes c.d. that went for a fortune on e-bay.I have a cdr.The Blue Max suite is tremendous and Caroll Ann's theme from Poltergeist has a major re-tooling that is both good and a bit cheezy at the same time.

I got Goldsmith conducts Goldsmith during the summer, and I love it. It's a really great introduction to him, at least from my point of view, as someone who was basically unfamiliar with him.

Ray Barnsbury