John Williams concert in Gent

fommes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Brossé did a terrific Job conducting Goldsmith. I'd love to see it, but I'm not sure I'd go to the lengths of travelling, and certainly not right now, what with work and (hopefully) uni finals coming up.

I'm going.

Brossé is one of our best conductors, you can't go wrong with him. I'm not sure though if the location is very ideal, but as with the LotR concert I guess they're aiming at a wider public?

Sure! I'll have to arrange things because I'm going with family of mine, but perhaps we could meet up for lunch beforehand or dinner after the concert.

I wouldn't exactly recommend going through the park at night, unless you enjoy those... milieus.

I've no idea about hotels in Gent though, I'm afraid. Perhaps a hostel or bed & breakfast or so?

Money and weight are no excuses at all for missing a bloody John Williams concert!

This is gonna be our own Hollywood Bowl. LA is overrated!

I've been to Belgium more times then I dreamed in my worst nightmares.

At the moment, I have had my fill of that place!

I share your pain, man.

Sweet.

Any decent but cheap hotels in Gent? I don't particularly feel like driving back home the same night.

Do it! Gent is a very beautiful city.

p277529-Ghent-View_of_the_canal_in_Ghent.JPG

• 5 weeks later...
That's the guy who conducted at the one and only film music concert I've ever been to.

I've seen him in London in 2005, when he conducted the LSO in the JW's film music concert. It was terrific and he did a great job, so I hope I can see him again sometime, but I won't be able to make it to this concert in Gent. :P

So...

I was about to order tickets, when it turns out I need to physically pick them up at a Fnac. Since the nearest one is in Belgium and they're open Monday to Friday, this puts in me in a bit of a pickle...

I do want to go, but I can't pick up the tickets. If one of my fellow board members who also might be going would be able to order and pick up two tickets for me and make it so I have them by Sunday (either through mail or the much more fun way of actually meeting on the 12th), that would be pretty sweet.

Otherwise, it looks like I'm staying at home... :lol:

- Marc

I was just PMing you that I could go see at a Fnac for tickets for you - when I saw at another forum that they recommend calling/e-mailing the organisation directly for the tickets (rather than reserving through Fnac or Teleticket):

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discussion...-of-ghent-2008/

At these concerts you can usually pick tickets up at the desk beforehand.

Perhaps that's easier for you?

If that doesn't work out, let me know.

I think I can make it for a meet-up if you're coming, (not sure though yet).

Just saw the programme, which is quite exciting, surprisingly!

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discussion.../#Comment_59855

Just saw the programme, which is quite exciting, surprisingly!

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discussion.../#Comment_59855

Whoa, sounds like a huge and promising program... Can't wait to hear it! :P

By the way, a member of that forum posted an interesting (albeit discomforting) tidbit about the possibility to see JW in concert outside the US:

According to the woman who organises the film music concerts, this concert has been prepared and organised over a period of 7 years. On why Williams himself won't attend, she says "Williams himself feels too old to come over. He only wants to tour in the USA anymore for concerts."

Darn it, let me know if you've received something today. Otherwise I'll try and pass by Fnac tomorrow to see if I could reserve tickets live there (but will report back first).

Mmkay! I just heard on the Belgian news (weird place) in an interview with the organiser that the JW concert is sold out (supposedly) :s

Didn't see that one coming. I'm sure a lot of places will be lost again to officials or business people who don't care at all for the music.... Dammit.

(btw Marc, your inbox is full)