Upcoming Films

Quintus

But Liam Neeson has seemingly been keeping himself extraordinarily busy since his wife died, plus he's only 64 and hasn't won an Oscar or anything.  Anthony Hopkins is almost 80 and has the Oscar, why does he do this shit?

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

It's Gore Verbinski, so most likely!

It's sci-fi starring Glyenhaal. Alex must see it!

I believe some teaser has been posted a while ago. Looks like another Alien clone.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Like if Alien and Gravity had a baby

Yep, that's exactly what it looks like. It's probably how they pitched this movie to the producers.

A few years ago he stopped doing silly Prince Of Persia roles and started doing offbeat movies, or rather, he went back to doing offbeat movies. That sounds like a thoughtful decision. Perhaps Life gives him the amount of money nobody can refuse?

I wonder if the upcoming Tomb Raider reboot fill be good (or at least good popcorn entertainment)

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/action/first-behind-the-scenes-look-at-alicia-vikander-as-lara-croft-on-the-set-a148739

I'm not sure I've seen enough of Vikander to say one way or the other.  I guess this movie will give you a good idea of if she's suited for action!

I'd have said something similar about Scarlett Johannsson pre-Black Widow.  Back when I only knew her from Ghost World and Lost in Translation.

20 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I happily endorse the move towards making Lara Croft something resembling a person that could physically exist.

Not important; it's a movie based on a fictional video game character who explores fantasy settings. 

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

I don't, it's a movie based on a fictional video game character who explores fantasy settings. 

That doesn't require them to stick with the freakish and horrific original design of that character.  I'm thinking more like Indiana Jones, less like some prepubescent wet dream.

She's in line with the Lara Croft of the past two pretty great games.  Anyway, we got two shitty movies based on the original shitty version of this franchise.  They finally made Tomb Raider games fun, so I'm at least on board for that.  Although this movie will probably suck just by the Law of Video Game Movies Sucking.

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

No one is saying Vikander isn't sexy, but I wouldn't immediately imagine her as Lara Croft.

Simply a different type.

Why do you care, Stiff? It's a video game adaptation, and you don't care about anything having to do with video games.

12 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Either way, this is all predicated on Vikander not being "sexy enough" which is insane to me, but your opinion to have of course.

My response was predicted on your emoji reply (apparently you took issue with something). In the action shots as seen in the images above, she doesn't look anything like the Lara Croft I've played in half a dozen or more games over the years. I know nothing of the actress in other things, but here she looks physically unremarkable. Personally, I'd have preferred any number of other actors I could probably think of in the role, simply because I'd find them more aesthetically pleasing than this girl. Lara Croft was always a bit of a babe, it's an integral part of her appeal and success. 

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

They finally made Tomb Raider games fun, 

:eh:

5 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Why do you care, Stiff? It's a video game adaptation, and you don't care about anything having to do with video games.

Say what you want about the earlier films, Jolie looked the part.

8 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Ugh, this place is so dispiriting sometimes.  I'm sorry Alicia Vikander's breasts aren't big enough for you.  Reply with what you want, I'm out.

Vikander has that popular modern boyish look and physique, like Keira Knightley. Would you say she could play the role of Croft too? I'm sorry you find my preference for a degree of faithfulness in the casting of this part offensive to your sensibilities. 

FYI, Angelina Jolie was useless in the role for my money, her TR movies were horrible. But she did have the silhouette of Lara Croft. 

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

Vikander has that popular modern boyish look and physique, like Keira Knightley. 

Yeah right, boyish...

IMG_8524.JPG

IMG_8525.JPG

IMG_8526.JPG

She just looks far too young, almost teenage like in certain pics, for Croft.

I thought Alicia Vikander was great in Ex Machina but then didn't register one way or another at all in Seventh Son, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., or Jason Bourne so who knows how this will turn out.  She doesn't seem to have a lot of charisma, which is something Lara Croft should have

She's wearing pretty dresses there Steef,  she looks cute and feminine. In those other promo pics on the set though you can see her frame is not dissimilar to Daisy Ridley's - another actress who would be unsuitable to play Lara Croft. 

Lauren Cohan was the best rumour surrounding the role in recent years. Pity it didn't come about, she'd have been ideal. 

74fFfOx.jpg

I agree both Ridley and Vikander don't conjure up the image of Laura Croft for me. Body type aside, doesnt the role require someone a bit older, late 20's, early 30's. Tough and grizzled, taller and athletic without being butch?

This reminds me like how they cast Deanerys to play Sarah Conner. Two completely different kinds of "kick ass women".