Upcoming Films

Quintus

It's Michael Bay's protest voice, right? Like I said,  besides a few dubious Country bands and Jon Voight, no artist is happy with Trump. To them, Trump is anti-art. 

On 6/2/2016 at 7:34 PM, mrbellamy said:

Paul Thomas Anderson and Daniel Day-Lewis looking to reunite!

The film would revolve around the fashion industry in 1950s New York (edit: now London)

Production has started under the (apparently?) working title Phantom Thread

Daniel+2.jpg

phantom.jpg

Phantom title + DDL in a graveyard = PTA horror movie about fashionistas??

Trailer for this movie called Mad to be Normal looks like something destined to be watched on HBO or Netflix or something, but what a cast.  Looks like a good vehicle for David Tennant:

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Er, yes, and so did REX IS NOT YOUR LAWYER.

That's a pilot that never got picked up and this is a film that's already been completed and premiering this month.  I don't see the comparison.

I wish he would have picked a different subject matter to tackle next as well, but since he's put out so much good work I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see this one when it comes out on blu

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I wish he would have picked a different subject matter to tackle next as well, but since he's put out so much good work I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see this one when it comes out on blu

Ah-ha!!!! Blu. BLU!!! My work here, is done! :D

Actually, Jay, neither do I. The last film I saw at the flicks, was HIGH-RISE. I guess that I prefer the comfort of my own home, rather than spend nearly 3 hours in a cinema, surrounded by whiny kids, popcorn-munching morons, and texters.

I know that the cinema expierince can be a brilliant thing, but its not something that I miss, much.

5 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I can't imagine Richard going to the theatre either, you know, with his hatred towards the new generation.

I don't mind it, Alex, but I simply prefer to watch films in my home, and at my leisure. Having said that, I saw both INSIDE OUT, and THE GOOD DINOSAUR surrounded by children, and I loved watching both of them (the films, that is, not the children!).

I will, however, make a point of seeing ALIEN COVENANT, BR2049, and SW:TLJ, at the cinema.

On 2/13/2016 at 8:49 AM, Jay said:

Transformers 1 is only the second film in my entire life I wanted to walk out of in the theater (I managed to stay until the bitter end).  It was so bad I would never see it again nor any of its sequels ever.

They are movies aimed at today's teenagers.

But of course Alex assumes since I shared a news article about the franchise, that must mean I like the franchise,  right? 

As a kid I had Transformers toys of course!  But the Michael Bay movies are total garbage. 

I actually don't collect any memorabilia for any films or shows I like, other than soundtrack CDs and the occasional t-shirt. I have no use for action figures or knickknacks on my shelves. 

On 2/4/2017 at 3:33 AM, Stefancos said:

Once again, Jason doesnt give a damn about the Transformers films. I doubt he even watched any of them, and if he did it was only the first one.

Koray will be gutted though....

No, happy that he can finally go back to original action movies!