What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Lol. Suina.

Isn't it cute? Steef named me.

Sorry, KM. I was too busy reformatting my PC to get my Skyrim game to work to give you a straight answer.

That name no longer has any meaning to me.

I wish.

I tried Unturned tonight. Pretty brutal. Minecraft style graphics with DayZ gameplay, spawned with no clothes or gear, forced to find weapons before the rather quick zombies maul you to death. Not bad for free but pretty hard until I get gear and experience.

Inferior?

Oh, you mean to the PS4. Well Yea, but you can't play Halo on PS4.

The Xbox One is inferior hardware, period. It's the reason I can't bring myself to get one, even for Halo. I'll wait till it's sub £200, because that price point would better reflect what you get for your money. But even then Halo 5 will have to have incredible gameplay to make me think about biting.

Well Last of us is certainly...linear

That's exactly what it is.

So Last of Us is basically like Half Life 2

These two couldn't be further apart ! Gameplay and story-wise.

Inferior?

Oh, you mean to the PS4. Well Yea, but you can't play Halo on PS4.

The Xbox One is inferior hardware, period. It's the reason I can't bring myself to get one, even for Halo. I'll wait till it's sub £200, because that price point would better reflect what you get for your money. But even then Halo 5 will have to have incredible gameplay to make me think about biting.

I've never been able to pick one or the other, especially where high-profile exclusives are concerned. That's why I'm still holding on to my gamecube, PS2, PS3, X360, Xbox (which is more a media center than a gaming machine now) and the PS4. And the PC of course.

I have too much interest in stuff like Halo, Uncharted, God of War, Gears of War and many others to only have one or two systems.

I don't care one bit that Xbox One is inferior. It's the only console that allows me to play Halo in all its glory, so there...

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase and I didn't mean to disparage you in any way.

Xbox One or the new 3DS? For whatever reason I want a new console even though I have a huge backlog of PS4, Vita, and even PS3 games.

Materialism.

Xbox One or the new 3DS? For whatever reason I want a new console even though I have a huge backlog of PS4, Vita, and even PS3 games.

Save your money for a ring to put on that great girlfriend of yours.

Or, don't blow money today on something that will be a lot cheaper by the time you get around to using your purchase. Unless you find a great St Patty's Day sale in March or something.

I have a backlog of about 20 games xbox360 and PS3

I'll have time to play them because not many things I want for the PS4 have been announced

Roughly one game takes me 2 weeks to a month to complete

I have always sticked to my rule of playing one game at a time...and when it's done I move on to something else( unless the exceptional DLC)

Me too, but I'm not materialistic. I don't need more games for the sake of having moar games.

But that's not my reasoning. There are a few games that I would really like to play, but my internal dilemma is whether the cost investment of a new console is worth those handful of experiences. In other words, if I bought a Nintendo or Xbox console, I would only be getting them for the exclusives.

So do what I do and wait for those systems (and games) to be HEAVILY discounted ;)

Simple consumer smarts. Your dilemma is invented by your lack of self control.

If I didn't have self control I would have bought one by now. ;)

But for how much longer...?

Just kidding. I have that same amount of self control.

My self control when it comes to gaming usually lasts about a week.

I was playing Driveclub earlier and it still amazes me what an accomplished racer this is (has become). The sensation of speed is superb and taking a corner perfectly has rarely felt so satisfying.

The one thing that I have to improve upon is trying to hit other cars. I have yet to end a race with no damage.

I want to try driving in the pouring rain. Until now it's been sun, cloudy, distant thunderstorms, so I'm craving slippery streets and near zero visibility. Should be interesting.

I bought a used copy of Ar No Surge, Ode to an Unborn Star today

Another obscure JRPG, but it was the last game I needed to find for the PS3

My self control when it comes to gaming usually lasts about a week.

I was playing Driveclub earlier and it still amazes me what an accomplished racer this is (has become). The sensation of speed is superb and taking a corner perfectly has rarely felt so satisfying.

The one thing that I have to improve upon is trying to hit other cars. I have yet to end a race with no damage.

I want to try driving in the pouring rain. Until now it's been sun, cloudy, distant thunderstorms, so I'm craving slippery streets and near zero visibility. Should be interesting.

What's your PSN?

I rather play alone. The few times I go online it's hardly ever for extended periods of time or to connect with others. I just like playing on my own terms.

Same here

I tried the Xbox One. More bulky than the 360, but luckily a lot quieter. Tried some Halo 3 in 60 fps. Feels weird, controls are more loose, doesn't feel as responsive or tight on the new system. Not talking about lag, just more loose... I don't know. Maybe it's the smoother framerate or the controller. Takes some getting used to, the shoulder buttons on the Xbox 360 controller were better placed. The dashboard is a bit more streamlined, but generally the same design as before.

Just my first impressions. :)

Edit: Played some more earlier. Starting to get a feel for the new controller and increased framerate. Still, I feel like something's off, it just so buttery smooth that it's like something fundamentally changed with the design of the combat. I know this isn't true... these games are just better looking ports, with all the gun combat mechanics intact. But I didn't have an issue when I played The Last of Us remastered. That game really benefited by going from 30 to 60.

And this isn't Xbox related but darn it : Uncharted 4 has been delayed until early 2016.

I think I'm nearing the end of Last of Us

It's an Ok game and keeps me involved, but I don't get it's masterpiece status. Seems I've played games with similar gameplay that were better. I'll probably have forgotten it in a week

The explorable areas are small yet I managed to miss some of the training manuals, which is hindering the gameplay later on. I dislike games that give you a sense of urgency to move on but requires you to explore the areas at the same time, then lock you out of an area and autosave if you jump off a ledge. I also can't find ammo for the guns I spent my parts upgrading, making the upgrade system useless

ok finished it now

It's an Ok game and keeps me involved, but I don't get it's masterpiece status. Seems I've played games with similar gameplay that were better. I'll probably have forgotten it in a week

There's the thing, you play games purely for the gameplay.

what should I play them for?

Anyways Last of Us felt too much like an interactive movie to me

I'll do the DLC now since it came with it

... .... ...

Finished the DLC Left Behind,which was kinda cool