What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I overpowered my weapons in Skyrim, so it's partly my fault

4 legs. wings, fire breather

it was more epic than the Skyrim ones

There's only 10 dragon fights in the game but they're all great. And very, very hard.

I found another one on the storm coast. That one kicked my ass. Even after upgrading all my gear at level 16

I beat DN3D on the PC fairly recently, without using any cheat codes (they exist), and it was extremely rewarding. The level design was superb for the time, considering that levels couldn't have overlapping sectors that viewed each other.

Well, they all suck

Is Goldeneye a true movie tie-in game, or simply a game loosely based on a vast franchise that happens to have the same name as a movie? Because that game is considered to be a classic, doing for FPS on consoles what Doom did on the PC.

There are dozens of games set in the in the Star Wars and Star Trek film franchises, but most are not tie-in games.

The LOTR ones are good for the most part. Same for the Star Wars one.

King Kong was also decent.

The Two Towers and The Return Of The King were ridiculously difficult from what I could remember. Don't think I could ever finish the last mission in Two Towers and gave up on King half way through.

King Kong was a great and hilarious game.

The LOTR ones are good for the most part. Same for the Star Wars one.

King Kong was also decent.

The Two Towers and The Return Of The King were ridiculously difficult from what I could remember. Don't think I could ever finish the last mission in Two Towers and gave up on King half way through.

Return of the King the game was the source of many hours of frustration for me. There were so many multiple objectives (especially in the Pelenor Fields level) that the game was nearly impossible.

Hmm... I never had too much problem with that, though it probably helped that I made sure to "purchase" the right moves and upgrades as early as possible.

There's been loads of good movie tie-in games. Even the Wolverine one of a few years ago I enjoyed enough to finish it and I thought it was much more fun than plenty of Triple-A titles I've played.

It's a myth that movie games are always rubbish.

I finished the Return of the King slash'em up. That was a really good one.

I resumed playing Dragon Age: Inquistion after a brief hiatus. I still haven't really delved into the complicated weapon upgrading system but the game plays fine without it. It's all a whole bunch of fun but I have to admit that it gives me the no-KotOR-blues. Bioware needs to start working on the sequel (or reboot, whatever the continuity allows) pronto.

There's been loads of good movie tie-in games. Even the Wolverine one of a few years ago I enjoyed enough to finish it and I thought it was much more fun than plenty of Triple-A titles I've played.

It's a myth that movie games are always rubbish.

I finished the Return of the King slash'em up. That was a really good one.

Yeah I liked the Wolverine game too. Helped that it was rated M!

I also recommend King Kong as one of the better games based on a movie. It was actually developed under the supervision of Peter Jackson and it shares a lot of great setpieces from the film, but doesn't follow its storyline per se. The Kong levels are some of the most fun you can have as guiding a big but nimble ape and smashing everything in its path. And of course fighting T-Rexes !!! I still replay that game from time to time.

More recently Alien: Isolation which I found nerve-wrecking to play and brilliantly done in terms of mimicking the first film's atmosphere and visual aesthetic. Seriously a labor of love from its creators... they wanted to do Ridley Scott's classic justice and they succeeded.

I resumed playing Dragon Age: Inquistion after a brief hiatus. I still haven't really delved into the complicated weapon upgrading system but the game plays fine without it. It's all a whole bunch of fun but I have to admit that it gives me the no-KotOR-blues. Bioware needs to start working on the sequel (or reboot, whatever the continuity allows) pronto.

60 hours in and only explored 4 major areas. I read there's a dozen or so. The weapon upgrade system is fun but is limited (you can't cheat like in Skyrim to forge super weapons). Mostly you can use whatever you find and not use crafting. For armor it's more worth it

I also think they made the game to prevent you from re-loading saves when you don't like what's in a treasure chest

The only problem is the dialogue choices for me.Cassandra still disapproves at most of what I reply to her.

They've probably got a studio working on a Star Wars title, probably KOTOR 3. And another on the next Mass Effect.

One can only hope. A KOTOR 3 announcement would be as just good, if not better than the second coming of Jesus. The only thing that could possibly make the news more exciting would be if they announced that John Williams would score it.

Well if KOTOR 3 happens they should get the next best thing, Gordy Haab and Kyle Newmaster (what a cool Star Warsy name). These guys channel Williams like no one else. Awesome stuff !!

http://soundcloud.com/zachcw3pr/control-ship-skirmish-kinect

About Return of the King: it is fun, specially two player. But yes there are some frustrating spots untill you learn what you have to do (or in what order) and are powerful enough.

About King kong, it was a very cool game for me, the "survival" ambient of the Human was great. I recommend it.

Star wars bounty hunter is also a favourite of mine.

Best LOTR game (of those I played) is still Battle for Middle-Earth from 2004. EA really put a lot of detail into the Tolkien world, and the 4 factions are good fun to command (skirmish battles).

It's The Order: 1886 :P

I just beat it actually. Not nearly as bad as everyone says it is, but not great either. Some deeply rooted gameplay and pacing flaws hold it back considerably, but all the groundwork is set for the sequel. The steampunk element is considerably downplayed, and the whole atmosphere and setting is very much a believable Victorian-era London aside from those small technological leaps. The voice acting and story are good, but its intentional set-up for a sequel leaves you with no conclusion or real pay off, which was disappointing. The werewolves are hardly a part of the game, and the few short instances in which you do fight them are incredibly undercooked. Otherwise I found the gunplay to be really fun, with some cool weapons. The graphics are phenomenal, with cutscenes and gameplay truly merging into one. The game is about 8 hours long depending on how you play, not the ridiculous 5 that everyone was bitching about a couple days ago.

that's terribly short

Compared to your 200 hour RPGs, yes. I found it to be a refreshing change of pace considering open world sprawlers are becoming the norm these days. It's more interactive movie than third person shooter, so I don't think Quint will like it. Complete with film grain, lens flicker, and a frustratingly narrow aspect ratio.

DRIVECLUB on PS4

A fabulous racer IMO. I can't say what was wrong with it at launch but as it stands now, the game is too stupendously excellent it would be a crime for any racing fan to miss out on it.

Graphics are mindblowing. The dynamic weather and time system is cool. The gameplay riveting and fun.

I'm still not sure how the online portion is supposed to work, the whole club thingie. But on the whole Driveclub is not to be missed if you are into the genre.

I'm using the Trust GXT 280 since a couple of months. Can't tell you what others are in comparison, because it's my first keyboard like that.

But it does the job pretty well, 3 colors are included. I can make it ultra dark in my room, no problem.